VP Debate Moderator Is Bias

I'm an Obama supporter, but think this is a terrible choice of moderator. Makes as much sense as having Rush Limbaugh ask the candidates questions.

I'm an Obama supporter, but think this is a terrible choice of moderator. Makes as much sense as having Rush Limbaugh ask the candidates questions.

Why is this still being discussed? I really don't understand. McCain could have opted out. And I don't believe for a second that McCain's camp didn't know about the book.

And I'm not sure I'd trust mywaynews and this guy:

main_greeting.jpg

just sayin'

do you really put Rush and Gwen iffl in the same category? c'mon swing... that's OTT.

It would seem to me this is much ado about nothing and an attempt by the McCain camp to somehow stifle Gwen in the debate. If she appears to be too hard on Palin they can cry foul based on the book.

They've been making these claims for four weeks now..everytime Palin makes herself look like an idiot. They even claim a voter is a "gotcha" journalist.

Why is this still being discussed? I really don't understand. McCain could have opted out. And I don't believe for a second that McCain's camp didn't know about the book.

And I'm not sure I'd trust mywaynews and this guy:

main_greeting.jpg

just sayin'

yeah, the Associated Press is well known for its Republican bias.
:cuckoo:

she didn't tell the debate commission about the book, so i'd say no.

My Way News - VP debate moderator's impartiality questioned

"The host of PBS'"Washington Week" and senior correspondent on "The NewsHour" said she did not tell the Commission on Presidential Debates about the book. The commission had no immediate comment when contacted by The Associated Press. A spokeswoman for John McCain's campaign did not immediately return phone and e-mail messages."
Is this one of the future books Palin was asking about banning?

Occam's Razor folks.

The McCain camp DID know, and they liked the idea. It gives them a built-in excuse they can use after Biden bitch slaps Palin like an insubordinate ho.

I'm actually disappointed in the Obama camp for green-lighting this one.

Jillian Wrote:
And I don't believe for a second that McCain's camp didn't know about the book.

Yeah...I could see how you would feel that way. I guess its kinda like my assuming that someone who was applying to be a moderator for the only VP debate would have told the debate commission that she was writing a book based on the stunning and ground-breaking campaign of Barak Obama, cause ya know...it would have been professional for her to do so and all...

I guess it just wasn't Ifill's job to tell the debate commission that she had a financial stake in Obama's victory...I guess with wasn't the debate commission's job to investigate their moderator candidates thoroughly and to fix mistakes when made even though, you know...that was supposedly their job....I guess it was just McCain's fault for not doing Ifill's and the debate commission's jobs for them..cause, even though that isn't his job...it should have been his job...cause...well, cause the left says so....

Is this one of the future books Palin was asking about banning?

no, it's one of the future books that Ifill didn't tell the debate commission about.

you'd think it would have come up in conversation or that the debate commission would have been a little more thorough about checking her out.

but you'd be wrong, i guess.

she didn't tell the debate commission about the book, so i'd say no.

My Way News - VP debate moderator's impartiality questioned

"The host of PBS'"Washington Week" and senior correspondent on "The NewsHour" said she did not tell the Commission on Presidential Debates about the book. The commission had no immediate comment when contacted by The Associated Press. A spokeswoman for John McCain's campaign did not immediately return phone and e-mail messages."

Just curious...do you think the Republicans do, or do not, read the Washington Post?

Jillian Wrote:

Yeah...I could see how you would feel that way. I guess its kinda like my assuming that someone who was applying to be a moderator for the only VP debate would have told the debate commission that she was writing a book based on the stunning and ground-breaking campaign of Barak Obama, cause ya know...it would have been professional for her to do so and all...

I guess it just wasn't Ifill's job to tell the debate commission that she had a financial stake in Obama's victory...I guess with wasn't the debate commission's job to investigate their moderator candidates thoroughly and to fix mistakes when made even though, you know...that was supposedly their job....I guess it was just McCain's fault for not doing Ifill's and the debate commission's jobs for them..cause, even though that isn't his job...it should have been his job...cause...well, cause the left says so....

They covered the book in the NY Times and Washington Post. Do you really think that McCain didn't know it? I think that's more naive than I would give you credit for. Again, you presume that she didn't tell the debate commission. I'm not sure it's true. I also think it doesn't matter and that Ifill's credentials are impeccable.

Financial stake? Do you know what the book is about? It's about black policians in the Age of Obama... not about Obama per se. It would have had the same audience either way, I think... all 10 of the politics junkies...

Mostly, I think it comes down to whom one trusts. And I think the right has spent so much time playing the ref that they are doing it on autopilot. And I'll go a step further. I think McCain's camp intentionally consented to Ifill so they could whine that Sarah wasn't treated fairly if she messes up.. .and also to control the questioning so Ifill is afraid to be tough on poor Sawah.

They changed the rules of the debate yesterday so Sarah would have a shot at a decent performance. Do you really think if the McCain camp withdrew their approval of Ifill that another moderator wouldn't be found?

In retropsect, Ms. Ifill probably is not the best choice to moderate the debate... but the key word is "moderate".

The moderator presents the questions (not prepared by herself), keeps track of time, and monitors procedure. It's not like she chooses the questions, decideds who gave the best answer and, at the end of the debate, jumps out of her chair and declares the winner.

Ifill is an experienced moderator. She knows proper decorum and procedure. I don't see a problem. ...However, I do see the after debate disection by the media and herein is where I can see problems arising. I've got $3.28 in my purse right now that says someone is going to claim foul if Palin gives her heretofore brilliant diatribe.

For this reason alone, I wish Ifill would recuse herself.

Is he from the AP? I found davidbauder.com. lol..

it could be part of the vast right wing conspiracy, but from the dateline, it appears that he is.

By DAVID BAUDER

NEW YORK (AP) - PBS journalist Gwen Ifill, moderator of the upcoming vice presidential debate, dismissed conservative questions about her impartiality because she is writing a book that includes material on Barack Obama.

Occam's Razor folks.

The McCain camp DID know, and they liked the idea. It gives them a built-in excuse they can use after Biden bitch slaps Palin like an insubordinate ho.

Agreed.

Jillian Wrote:

I could see all this bitching and moaning meaning something IF the book were actually ABOUT Obama....it's NOT... it's about how the political climate has been changed by Obama and other up and coming black politicans...I assume from a historical standpoint, not an OMG isn't Obama great stand point.

Occam's Razor folks.

Yeah its going to hurt Obama much more than McCain. I wish he had asked her to recuse herself. Probably too late for that now.

McCain isn't speaking out against her because it gives her a built in excuse, and to change the moderator now would hurt Palin more than Biden.

no, it's one of the future books that Ifill didn't tell the debate commission about.

you'd think it would have come up in conversation or that the debate commission would have been a little more thorough about checking her out.

but you'd be wrong, i guess.
Yes, I think she should be disqualified, too. Just pushing your buttons. But, take heart, any flubs Palin makes will be the fault of Ifill and no one else.

Forum List

Back