VP Cheney bitch slappin' VP Biden etc.

oh yeah. Biden. 3rd row 2nd seat big mouth ????

biden-gaffe-sac1024cd.jpg

remember the internet number joe ???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HS79XoKnho]YouTube - Joe Biden ask for Web Page Number[/ame]

at this point, arguing about whether bush lied to get us into iraq is rather like quibbling over what model of pistol was used to assassinate archduke franz ferdinand.

Including lying to go to war?

Or do you believe the whole "If the President does it, it's legal" idea?

The liberals' endless willingness to CLAIM (falsely) that the Bush Administration "lied" to go to war is tired, trite and itself just a bullshit lie.

Really? What about the statements released by the Bush Jr admin about Saddam having WMD's?

What about the Bush Jr. admin trying to draw ties between AQ and Saddam?

Were you even conscious from 2002 until 2008?

interesting you bring that up. because Cheney contradicted Bush on 9/11 and Saddam being connected.

Not wrong to lie?

Are you a Christian, because I seem to remember something from the 10 Commandments that state "thou shalt not bear false witness"?

Go ahead limp ability, tell us when it's okay for the government to lie to us.

gAyBikerBitch:

Try to grasp the simple things in life. The difficult stuff will forever be beyond you, obviously.

If we have obtained valid actionable intel concerning the exact time, manner and location of the next planned "spectacular" by al qaeda, and our government concludes that it might have a way to use this information to finally capture the major al qaeda figures, would it be prudent -- in your biblically referenced opinion -- to ADMIT that we have that intel?

Or might it not be the wiser and more rational course to lie our asses off about it?

The ten commandments are wonderful rules for individuals to try to achieve.

They are not valid rules of state-craft, nor were they ever intended to be any such thing.

So you and Elvis think this is a lie? We had a couple of liars in the last administration but I wouldn't consider a mistake like this a lie.

no, it's not a lie, but i would consider a man of mr biden's age, education, and self proclaimed intellectual superiority who didn't know who was president when the market crashed or when commercial tv became generally available or that fdr was famous for his use of *radio* fireside chats* a moron.

mr biden is, of course, a well documented liar, egotist and plagiarist, but in this instance, he was simply being stupid.

additionally, if you think lying in govt was invented by the previous administration and has been abandoned by the current one, i sincerely feel really badly for you.

Lying wasn't invented by them but they kind of finessed it into an art form.

kind of depends on what the meaning of is, is, wouldn't you say?
:eusa_whistle:

FDR's behavior in the run up to ww2 springs to mind.

it's not a perfect world, and to pretend otherwise is to do oneself a disservice.

Well I just recently read a couple books last semester for my Research Paper for my Perspectives on East Asia class. And I did U.S/Japanese Relations (1937-1952).

So basically U.S and Japan relations through WWII and the Occupation. And what I found is that although Roosevelt was more hawkish, he wasn't that hawkish in the sense. He never felt that China was worth going to war for. However, they were going to protect the Indies and the resources there from Japan that would end up being used by Nazi Germany.

A figure even more important in the process was Hull. Cordell Hull was not only our nation's longest Sec of State but his role in the leadup to Pearl Harbor was vital.

He was the one trying to play peacemaker, even giving in to several demands here and there. However, relations eventually broke down to the point where he washed his hands of the situation. This was only a short time before WWII.

FDR and his Administration involved in that aspect knew a attack was coming after Hull washed his hands of the situation. They just never knew it was going to be Pearl Harbor. They figured it would of been one of their off-shore bases closer to Japan.

That's basically the short short version on what ended up being my 10 page Research Paper. And that doesn't include coverage of Pearl Harbor, World War II, and the Occupation.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
at this point, arguing about whether bush lied to get us into iraq is rather like quibbling over what model of pistol was used to assassinate archduke franz ferdinand.

Prinzip was Bush's fourth cousin.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
A statement was made.
the statement was false.
therefore, the statement was a lie.

weatherman said it would snow today.
it didnt snow.
therefore, weatherman iied.
doesn't follow.

Actually, the correct analogy here would be:

The weatherman lied that it was going to snow so horribly that people would go out and buy everything from the supermarkets.

The people did such.

No snow came.

The weatherman continues to claim a storm was coming, until one day when nobody cares anymore, he admits he was basically bullshitting everyone.

Weatherman keeps his job and even gets rehired in the process.

A statement was made.
the statement was false.
therefore, the statement was a lie.

weatherman said it would snow today.
it didnt snow.
therefore, weatherman iied.
doesn't follow.

Actually, the correct analogy here would be:

The weatherman lied that it was going to snow so horribly that people would go out and buy everything from the supermarkets.

The people did such.

No snow came.

The weatherman continues to claim a storm was coming, until one day when nobody cares anymore, he admits he was basically bullshitting everyone.

Weatherman keeps his job and even gets rehired in the process.
actually neither yours nor mine is really analogous.

PatekPhilippe said:
VP Cheney bitch slappin' VP Biden etc.
An unprincipled miscreant "bitch slappin'" an unprincipled moron, yep that describes the current state of American Politics to a tee.

Except there is no truth to the ridiculous claims that VP Cheney is unprincipled or that he is a miscreant.

you fuckers better get your shit together and quit misquoting me.

Question: What do you call an analogy made without the use of any analogs?

Answer: Dogbert's form of argumentation?

:razz:

Oof I'm sorry, it seems you did one too many spaces in between : and the beginning sentence. Going to have to dock you all your points in this Final Jeopardy round. :razz:

Forum List

Back