VP Cheney bitch slappin' VP Biden etc.

Good thing his bitch-slap didn't miss its intended target and hit one of his elderly friends.

ElmerCheney.jpg

I caught "This Week" with John somebody or other. The featured guest was former Vice President Cheney.

Despite some obvious bias from the new nominal host (last name unknown), VP Cheney rocked.

The following was noted yesterday: Why Cheney attacks - Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei - POLITICO.com

Vice President Cheney is terrific.

:clap2:

I'm not sure you read the article you linked to. I read it last Friday. It is a fairly balanced article calling out both sides. Some of Cheney's claims are shown for their inaccuracies. Since Cheney was on This Week prior to Biden's taped interview being on Meet the Press, I'm not sure how you can say Cheney bitch slapped Biden. Biden did a decent job of pointing out the fallacy of some of Cheney's claims. Cheney is simply trying to defend his legacy........but he can't change the facts or reality.

Neither are you what?

and notice Biden couldn't refute a single thing Cheney said....only attack like a dog....your words....not mine.

Neither are you allowed to rewrite history. You try on a daily basis though, I give you credit for being consistent.

Refute? Biden outright called Cheney a liar. Said he was either misinformed or misinforming.
speaking of being misinformed, FDR was not on television in 1929 and he wasn't president either.

What are you babbling about, Elvis?

Actually Biden did very well, he kind of bitch slapped David Gregory and Cheney. I especially liked the part where he said that Cheney was not allowed to rewrite history.

Neither are you.

Neither are you what?

and notice Biden couldn't refute a single thing Cheney said....only attack like a dog....your words....not mine.

Neither are you allowed to rewrite history. You try on a daily basis though, I give you credit for being consistent.

Refute? Biden outright called Cheney a liar. Said he was either misinformed or misinforming.

if i call my dog a giraffe, he's still a dog.

of course, biden would probably believe me.

I caught "This Week" with John somebody or other. The featured guest was former Vice President Cheney.

Despite some obvious bias from the new nominal host (last name unknown), VP Cheney rocked.

The following was noted yesterday: Why Cheney attacks - Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei - POLITICO.com

I'm not sure you read the article you linked to. I read it last Friday. It is a fairly balanced article calling out both sides. Some of Cheney's claims are shown for their inaccuracies. Since Cheney was on This Week prior to Biden's taped interview being on Meet the Press, I'm not sure how you can say Cheney bitch slapped Biden. Biden did a decent job of pointing out the fallacy of some of Cheney's claims. Cheney is simply trying to defend his legacy........but he can't change the facts or reality.

I am not concerned about what things you are "sure of."

The article was hardly balanced, but that's not really the point.

The point is: prior Administrations do not historically criticize their successors. but ordinarily, current Adminsitrations do not make such a public display of trashing their predecessors.

Vice President Cheney is entirely correct in taking the dispute public and the main points of the things he is saying are absolutely accurate and on the mark.

The Clinton Administration, which preceded the Bush Administration, had treated the acts of terrorists as merely criminal justice/law enforcement matters. They were wrong to do that. The Bush Administration came to see the light -- somewhat belatedly -- after the 9/11/2001 attacks. Viewing the acts of terrorists in the proper light made a world full of difference. It is not a criminal justice mater. It is a matter of war.

The present Administration has hearkened back -- in many many ways -- to the Clinton Administration in terms of how terrorism is viewed. The Obama Administration is wrong in that regard. Seriously and dangerously misguided. Foolish.

It is useful to have Vice President Cheney take them to task.

No he can't. Politico is often fairly balanced but cherry picked by partisans here. There really isn't much call for Cheney's analysis but he feels the need to get it out there anyway.

He should quiet down a little, follow the lead of his former boss and maybe his legacy will look a little better in the future. Out of sight, out of mind..

speaking of being misinformed, FDR was not on television in 1929 and he wasn't president either.

among mr biden's many gaffes, lies and outright howlers, he claimed that when the stock market crashed in 1929, FDR went on tv to calm the nation.

Biden, FDR and the Invention of Television | FactCheck.org

We should of never went into Iraq in the first place for the record.

I'll let this man say why:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY&feature=related]YouTube - Cheney in 1994 on Iraq[/ame]

among mr biden's many gaffes, lies and outright howlers, he claimed that when the stock market crashed in 1929, FDR went on tv to calm the nation.

So you and Elvis think this is a lie? We had a couple of liars in the last administration but I wouldn't consider a mistake like this a lie.

was the situation the same in 1994 as it was in 2002?

Since they had no WMDs, I would say so. Unless I'm missing some glaring detail on what made it so different. Outside of different Administrations obviously.

So you and Elvis think this is a lie? We had a couple of liars in the last administration but I wouldn't consider a mistake like this a lie.

That's IN-teresting!

You have given it some thought and concluded that if somebody makes an assertion which is, in reality, incorrect, the assertion does not always equal a lie.

In other words, as per your apparently new-found insight, a factually incorrect statement made by a person MIGHT be a lie or it might NOT be a lie depending on such things as whether or not it was deliberately false and known to be false when stated?

I wonder if you, Sarah, have the capacity to generalize this new-found insight?

Since they had no WMDs, I would say so. Unless I'm missing some glaring detail on what made it so different. Outside of different Administrations obviously.

Yes, but no one knew there were no weapons. Everyone believed saddam had weapons, including France and Germany. the difference is France didn't want to act because they were in business with Saddam.

Yes, but no one knew there were no weapons. Everyone believed saddam had weapons, including France and Germany. the difference is France didn't want to act because they were in business with Saddam.

so was Germany and Russia. hence the reason they sit this one out

so was Germany and Russia. hence the reason they sit this one out

oh I didn't know about Germany and russia.

no, it's not a lie, but i would consider a man of mr biden's age, education, and self proclaimed intellectual superiority who didn't know who was president when the market crashed or when commercial tv became generally available or that fdr was famous for his use of *radio* fireside chats* a moron.

mr biden is, of course, a well documented liar, egotist and plagiarist, but in this instance, he was simply being stupid.

additionally, if you think lying in govt was invented by the previous administration and has been abandoned by the current one, i sincerely feel really badly for you.

Cheney isn't a liar? bullshit........what about the Iraq war and the fact that SADDAM HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11?????????????

Cheney isn't a miscreant? Well.......first, let's find out what that word means (from Dictionary.com)

mis⋅cre⋅ant
  /ˈmɪskriənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mis-kree-uhnt] Show IPA
–adjective
1. depraved, villainous, or base.
2. Archaic. holding a false or unorthodox religious belief; heretical.
–noun
3. a vicious or depraved person; villain.
4. Archaic. a heretic or infidel.

Now.........let's talk about this.........

Miscreant means someone who is depraved or villainous, which if you look at the lies told in the war for oil, the shoddy workmanship of Halliburton in Iraq and at Walter Reed, as well as the no-bid contracts for Blackwater (now XE) which resulted in the deaths of many civilians via murder.

Oh yeah.......let's also talk about Abu Graib, GTMO, as well as Homeland Security and the failure of the Bush Jr. admin to do anything other than rape this country.

Try again Limp Ability.

Forum List

Back