VP Cheney bitch slappin' VP Biden etc.

He was the one trying to play peacemaker, even giving in to several demands here and there. However, relations eventually broke down to the point where he washed his hands of the situation. This was only a short time before WWII.

Too bad Obama hasn't learned the lesson that appeasement FAILS. History repeats itself again and again.

Question: What do you call an analogy made without the use of any analogs?

Answer: Dogbert's form of argumentation?

:razz:

Oof I'm sorry, it seems you did one too many spaces in between : and the beginning sentence. Going to have to dock you all your points in this Final Jeopardy round. :razz:

Is there a world where that post makes sense?

:confused:

A statement was made.
the statement was false.
therefore, the statement was a lie.

weatherman said it would snow today.
it didnt snow.
therefore, weatherman iied.
doesn't follow.

Actually, the correct analogy here would be:

The weatherman lied that it was going to snow so horribly that people would go out and buy everything from the supermarkets.

The people did such.

No snow came.

The weatherman continues to claim a storm was coming, until one day when nobody cares anymore, he admits he was basically bullshitting everyone.

Weatherman keeps his job and even gets rehired in the process.
actually neither yours nor mine is really analogous.

As usual you miss the point entirely. I'm suprised you didn't call the poster an anti semite.

Let's add the possibility that the weatherman has a no bid conract to provide all the stores in the area with bottled water and batteries. All the scientific information leading to his broadcast screamed no snow. He arranged for the lead scientist to be accused of child rape. He actuall only got the snow forcast from a disgruntled former employee of the weather service with no actual access to scientific weather information.

As a position of last resort I am sure you fall back on the position advanced by the Florida supreme court that he as the employee of a media outlet has not only the right to lie but is actually obligated to lie on behalf of his tv station.

Elvis ...will you ever be truthfull? Does honesty even enter into your thought proccess?

Are you so out of touch with the concept of right or wrong that it just does not matter to you anymore?

How does a disconnect like this happen to what would otherwise be good patriotic citizens. All of americas enemies put together are a spit in the ocean compared to this mental disease that has gripped far too many of us.

Too bad Obama hasn't learned the lesson that appeasement FAILS. History repeats itself again and again.

It wasn't appeasement. Both sides really did not want to go to war. The United States in general was isolationist still, although their outrage over Japan's actions in China grew over time. Japan did not want to go to war because they felt they were not ready. The U.S. also wouldn't of been ready to fight either, especially in December of 1941.

However, Japan finally had enough and figured that if anyone was going to get off the first shot then it might as well be them.

It's much easier to judge both Neville Chamberlain and Cordell Hull when we know the end result. However, Chamberlain was lauded for his actions at the time. His popularity shot up to 68%. People in general did not want to go to war.

Also, the British Military was in no shape to fight at the time the peace deal was brokered. At the time, if the deal did not work out, the only ones were ready to join England's side was France.

Do you know what he did when he came home from the peace deal? He spent lots of money to build up their military to fight the Nazis. And the reason they were able to so quickly modernize in the factories in order to fight? Due to earlier legislation by Chamberlain to fix the conditions of factories and which also cut back on child labor.

Last edited:
PatekPhilippe said:
VP Cheney bitch slappin' VP Biden etc.
An unprincipled miscreant "bitch slappin'" an unprincipled moron, yep that describes the current state of American Politics to a tee.

Except there is no truth to the ridiculous claims that VP Cheney is unprincipled or that he is a miscreant.

He is totally unprincipled and a Dickhead to boot...Shot anybody lately Liability and not reported it? Allowed the energy sector to have a closed door meeting on what an admin's energy policy should be? Been a chickenhawk by allowing young men and women to go off to war to fight for oil while you had SIX deferments yourself during Viet Nam? The wind you just passed has more principles that that puppet master. I put the guy in the same category and Kim Il Jong. If he had his way you'd be up against the wall in the revolution....

He was the one trying to play peacemaker, even giving in to several demands here and there. However, relations eventually broke down to the point where he washed his hands of the situation. This was only a short time before WWII.

I haven't seen ANY appeasement. What I HAVE seen is a less bullying, pathologically thoughtless and insane foreign policy.

I can't wait til they are able to distance themselves from the last of the Bush/Cheney nightmares.

I haven't seen ANY appeasement. What I HAVE seen is a less bullying, pathologically thoughtless and insane foreign policy.

I can't wait til they are able to distance themselves from the last of the Bush/Cheney nightmares.

I'm pretty sure this administration feels the same way.

There was no "insane foreign policy" in the Bush Administration. We were, and are to this day, a country at war. This is what liberals fail to acknowledge....and if they do acknowledge it they want to pretend war's just a little skirmish that some cops can handle. Bush's policy of pre-emptive warfare, no matter how distasteful to the left wingers, was the proper position to take after we were subjected to a sneak attack from our sworn enemy. There were many like you during WW2 who railed against Roosevelt for being a war monger, secretly agreeing to letting the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor etc. etc. yet in hindsight you embrace him and his policies during the war that resulted in the slaughter of millions. I think the same will happen with Bush. Sometimes you need a President with a backbone who acts when the Nation is attacked instead of one who does nothing but run around the world apologizing and bowing to other world leaders. Like Dogbert said....

It's much easier to judge both Neville Chamberlain and Cordell Hull when we know the end result. However, Chamberlain was lauded for his actions at the time. His popularity shot up to 68%. People in general did not want to go to war.

Give it a while and lets see what the end result is in the Middle East. Right now all the left wants to do is destroy the legacy of a man who had the fucking balls to stand up to the country's enemies and say..."bring it motherf***er"....and then kick the living shit out of them. I applaud Bush!:clap2:

Last edited:
Give it a while and lets see what the end result in in the Middle East. Right now all the left wants to do is destroy the legacy of a man who had the fucking balls to stand up to the country's enemies and say..."bring it motherf***er"....and then kick the living shit out of them. I applaud Bush!:clap2:

Just what our troops need. Someone who is sitting comfortably and well protected to tell a bunch of armed thugs to come and fight us.

The whole "You're with us or against us, Dead or Alive" is actually one of the things that Cowboy Bush has admitted he fucked up in saying.

President Bush regrets his legacy as man who wanted war - Times Online

In an exclusive interview, he expressed regret at the bitter divisions over the war and said that he was troubled about how his country had been misunderstood. “I think that in retrospect I could have used a different tone, a different rhetoric.”

Phrases such as “bring them on” or “dead or alive”, he said, “indicated to people that I was, you know, not a man of peace”. He said that he found it very painful “to put youngsters in harm’s way”. He added: “I try to meet with as many of the families as I can. And I have an obligation to comfort and console as best as I possibly can. I also have an obligation to make sure that those lives were not lost in vain.”

Give it a while and lets see what the end result in in the Middle East. Right now all the left wants to do is destroy the legacy of a man who had the fucking balls to stand up to the country's enemies and say..."bring it motherf***er"....and then kick the living shit out of them. I applaud Bush!:clap2:

Just what our troops need. Someone who is sitting comfortably and well protected to tell a bunch of armed thugs to come and fight us.

The whole "You're with us or against us, Dead or Alive" is actually one of the things that Cowboy Bush has admitted he fucked up in saying.

President Bush regrets his legacy as man who wanted war - Times Online

In an exclusive interview, he expressed regret at the bitter divisions over the war and said that he was troubled about how his country had been misunderstood. “I think that in retrospect I could have used a different tone, a different rhetoric.”

Phrases such as “bring them on” or “dead or alive”, he said, “indicated to people that I was, you know, not a man of peace”. He said that he found it very painful “to put youngsters in harm’s way”. He added: “I try to meet with as many of the families as I can. And I have an obligation to comfort and console as best as I possibly can. I also have an obligation to make sure that those lives were not lost in vain.”

and where does it say he regretted what he said? I don't see that anywhere in what you posted.

Someone who is sitting comfortably and well protected to tell a bunch of armed thugs to come and fight us.
and your goddam right...that is exactly what Clinton's policies resulted in. Bush said AFTER WE WERE ATTACKED AND 3000 AMERICANS WERE KILLED...."bring it". Sorry if that language upsets your little sensativities but hey.....I guess it's just too bad.

Forum List

Back