Voters debate possible Trump-Biden rematch: 'My life was better when Trump was president'

The Cost of Construction Materials Will Likely Remain High in 2024​

If you’ve gotten a quote from a home builder or stepped into your local big-box store lately, the cost of construction materials probably made you do a double take.

It’s not just your imagination: The cost of materials has jumped by an average of 19%.

The UAW labor deals with General Motors (GM.N), Ford Motor (F.N) and Stellantis (STLAM.MI) through 2028, include a 25% increase in base wages, including an immediate 11% hike, and will cumulatively raise the top wage by 33%, compounded with estimated cost-of-living adjustments to over $42 an hour.
Why ar eyou whining about Biden inflation? That doesn't help your case.

Unions don't prevent inflation. They cause it.

I hate to quote bankers but

Higher worker pay isn't a major cause of inflation, Fed study finds. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell. Rapid wage growth has not been an important driver of inflation, according to a new analysis published by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Higher worker pay isn't a major cause of inflation, Fed study finds. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell. Rapid wage growth has not been an important driver of inflation, according to a new analysis published by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
Jerome Powell is a Dim propagandist. No mention of how those wages are achieved. If they are compelled by union extortion without any corresponding they will indeed cause inflation. They won't cause inflation only of they are the result of economic growth and private firms bidding up wages.

But, it is a part of the inflation. It all adds up. Thank you, President Biden.

Will new cars cost more after the UAW strike ends?

Those losses along with the pay increases could drive up new car prices.

Executive analyst Karl Brauer at iSeeCars.com told The New York Times it will likely provide a minimal impact on immediate car sales, but it could have bigger impacts long term. “This is going to make cars more expensive,” Brauer told the Times.

Ford executives said that “the UAW contract would add $850 to $900 per vehicle in additional costs,” The Wall Street Journal reported.

Jerome Powell is a Dim propagandist. No mention of how those wages are achieved. If they are compelled by union extortion without any corresponding they will indeed cause inflation. They won't cause inflation only of they are the result of economic growth and private firms bidding up wages.
No actually a union getting union workers raises is actually the best way to bring wages up. We certainly can't wait for corporations to do it out of kindness or because it's the right thing to do. When we give them the choice, the CEO's and VP's pays go up 1322% and we only get 18%.

So there is no way other than force them to give us raises. And the funny thing is, what percent of American workers are in unions today? 6%? So no my friend, them getting their fair share won't cause inflation. Not like giving everyone a tax break or raising minimum wage. Because only 6% of us got a raise this year.

BUT, now the non union companies suddenly have to pay a little more for fear of losing workers or their workers organizing to get themselves raises like the union workers got.

I know you hate it but that's to be expected from a deep state conservative who sucks the rich peoples balls on the daily.

And if corporations raise prices again then unions will go back to their employers and demand another raise. Maybe the CEO and VP pay will only go up 500% rather than pass on the cost to consumers.

And if consumers continue to buy it, corporations will continue to pass on the cost to them. Americans purchasing hasn't slowed. Biden's doing a bad job? The economy disagrees.

No actually a union getting union workers raises is actually the best way to bring wages up. We certainly can't wait for corporations to do it out of kindness or because it's the right thing to do. When we give them the choice, the CEO's and VP's pays go up 1322% and we only get 18%.

So there is no way other than force them to give us raises. And the funny thing is, what percent of American workers are in unions today? 6%? So no my friend, them getting their fair share won't cause inflation. Not like giving everyone a tax break or raising minimum wage. Because only 6% of us got a raise this year.

BUT, now the non union companies suddenly have to pay a little more for fear of losing workers or their workers organizing to get themselves raises like the union workers got.

I know you hate it but that's to be expected from a deep state conservative who sucks the rich peoples balls on the daily.
That's total bullshit. You obviously know nothing about economic. Corporations bid up the price of wages when the economy is growing to get the workers they need. That's been going on for 250 years Union contracts cause unemployment's because they raise wages higher than the growth in productivity.

The only thing I hate are dumbasses who believe in economic Voo Doo.

That's total bullshit. You obviously know nothing about economic. Corporations bid up the price of wages when the economy is growing to get the workers they need. That's been going on for 250 years Union contracts cause unemployment's because they raise wages higher than the growth in productivity.

Nonsense. We're productive AF. But our pay doesn't reflect it.

Productivity is also up because of automation. So corporations are raking it in. They just don't want to share with you and other deplorables who say their pay isn't keeping up with Trumpflation.

Ron DeSantis and Chris Christie Call Out Trump for Adding to Federal Debt​

"He owes it to you to defend his record where they added $7.8 trillion to the debt that set the stage for the inflation that we have."​

Me too

Voodoo economics – also sometimes referred to as “Reaganomics” – was employed by Reagan to help stimulate the economy after years of dormancy following former President Jimmy Carter's years in the White House. Today, voodoo economics is frequently used to describe any political policies that seem overly ambitious.

Nonsense. We're productive AF. But our pay doesn't reflect it.

Productivity is also up because of automation. So corporations are raking it in. They just don't want to share with you and other deplorables who say their pay isn't keeping up with Trumpflation.

"He owes it to you to defend his record where they added $7.8 trillion to the debt that set the stage for the inflation that we have."​

Importing millions of low wage workers from Mexico is the reason our wages aren't what they should be, dumbass.

Me too

Voodoo economics – also sometimes referred to as “Reaganomics” – was employed by Reagan to help stimulate the economy after years of dormancy following former President Jimmy Carter's years in the White House. Today, voodoo economics is frequently used to describe any political policies that seem overly ambitious.
Utter horseshit.

Your life was better before Covid? No shit.

And if you don't like how things are now, you certainly can't use that as a reason to vote for Trump

Vote for Nikki, Ron or Chris. But not Trump.
Why can't people logically believe their lives were better with Trump as potus, and Trump is not responsible for covid? (he did get the vax, btw)

Biden has no plan to secure our own borders, in fact he's been against doing it for nearly 3 years. deficits ..... ? good luck with that.

The problem is that Trump did what no other losing candidate has ever done in our history ... even if they thought they won. But, if you struggle to find the money to buy your kid new clothes and supplies for school, I doubt that's your major concern.

Bull shit. Trump raised the deficit. Biden and Obama lowered it.
Biden lowered the deficit?

main-qimg-bd2be66387775ac3f2b4dad260ffded7.webp

Forum List

Back