Volt sales tripple in 2012

And I would be willing to bet most all those sales were from government entities...

Excuse the commercial interruption from your conversation.

Since we all are Americans that support things like energy conservation and domestic jobs, you'll enjoy this recent report from the DOE:

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/electric_vehicles/pdfs/eveverywhere_blueprint.pdf

Don't hold back on your support and thoughtful comments.

P.S. I bought my Volt three years ago, replacing a BMW 540i Sport. Hands down, it is THE best car that I've ever owned.

Last edited:
So you cannot verify you earlier assertion with facts. That is called A LIE! You got nothing and you can't prove anything, because you just made a statement based on your feeling. You have not facts. All yuo can do is NEG REP someone who calls you a liar. It seems you will be called that lot more in the future if you continue to make false and misleading statements.

I neg rep douchebags who call me a liar and then can't back it up. Hello douchebag:lol:

Everything that I have placed here has fact and/or a link behind it. You said the numbers were a lie, but you cannot prove your point. I am no shocked.

Electric cars will depend on a subsidy for many years. If not, no one would buy them. You can expect the government to off tax write offs for some time.

Well then fucktard stop bragging about how many are sold, It don't fucking count until the bastards compete on a level playing field. Let the gov. subsidize Prius and see what the fuck happens.. You up for that?

Excuse the commercial interruption from your conversation.

Since we all are Americans that support things like energy conservation and domestic jobs, you'll enjoy this recent report from the DOE:

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/electric_vehicles/pdfs/eveverywhere_blueprint.pdf

Don't hold back on your support and thoughtful comments.

P.S. I bought my Volt three years ago, replacing a BMW 540i Sport. Hands down, it is THE best car that I've ever owned.

And I'm very glad you like it. They ARE very good cars. But don't you think you should just pay the whole cost yourself and not rely on subsidies from the poor and middle class?

And I'm very glad you like it. They ARE very good cars. But don't you think you should just pay the whole cost yourself and not rely on subsidies from the poor and middle class?

I did pay the full amount. My wife and I did not qualify for either tax credit, federal or state.

I'd buy one tomorrow if someone would figure out how to temporarily shrink merchandise and sales materials. If they make a Volt Van.....I will be first in line.

So how many were bought by government, whether federal, state or local? And how many of those buys were in Democratic strongholds?

So how many were bought by government, whether federal, state or local? And how many of those buys were in Democratic strongholds?

"About 54 percent of the 1,801 alt-fuel vehicles purchased by U.S. government agencies last year were built by Hyundai, Toyota, Mitsubishi, and Honda, according to data obtained under a Freedom of Information request from the U.S. General Services Administration, which coordinates most vehicle purchases."

"The GSA purchases in fiscal 2012 included 904 Sonata hybrids, followed by 372 Fusion hybrids, with General Motors Co.’s Chevrolet Volt plug-in electric model accounting for 163 purchases."

That averages out to 13 per month, or 0.7% of all Volt sales in 2012.

Source: Obama Green Fleet Shows Ford Loses to Hyundai Hybrids - Bloomberg

As to "Democratic strongholds" these two surveys show a fairl even split between Democrats, Republicans, and independents:

Poll: Volt buyer political leanings

Are most Volt owners Democrats

and why are you fucking Americans buying a product manufactured in China?

The Volt is made in Detroit: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3dZfvTLbBE]Making of the 2011 Chevy Volt | Volt | Chevrolet - YouTube[/ame]

Like ALL cars made today, various components are sourced from around the world, including many here in the USA:

VoltSuppliers.jpg

"About 54 percent of the 1,801 alt-fuel vehicles purchased by U.S. government agencies last year were built by Hyundai, Toyota, Mitsubishi, and Honda, according to data obtained under a Freedom of Information request from the U.S. General Services Administration, which coordinates most vehicle purchases."

"The GSA purchases in fiscal 2012 included 904 Sonata hybrids, followed by 372 Fusion hybrids, with General Motors Co.’s Chevrolet Volt plug-in electric model accounting for 163 purchases."

That averages out to 13 per month, or 0.7% of all Volt sales in 2012.

Source: Obama Green Fleet Shows Ford Loses to Hyundai Hybrids - Bloomberg

As to "Democratic strongholds" these two surveys show a fairl even split between Democrats, Republicans, and independents:

Poll: Volt buyer political leanings

Are most Volt owners Democrats

that is just federal numbers, not state or local.

and why are you fucking Americans buying a product manufactured in China?

The Volt is made in Detroit: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3dZfvTLbBE]Making of the 2011 Chevy Volt | Volt | Chevrolet - YouTube[/ame]

Like ALL cars made today, various components are sourced from around the world, including many here in the USA:

VoltSuppliers.jpg

Nope they make em in China!

Forum List

Back