Volt sales tripple in 2012

just think how many of those overpriced tin cans they could "sell" with a 10000 tax credit. they cant give that piece of shit away.

I have to agree that there is something very mysterious about the Volt: namely, Why aren't MORE selling?

Regardless of government purchases, which we can define as significant or insignificant depending on partisan agenda, I would expect Volt to be WILDLY popular once the public outside of California accepts the vehicle, and the $7,500 government subsidy (tax Credit) disappears.

The next question will be, of course, how much will electricty cost?

Since most electricity in the USA comes from fossil fuels, I suppose the next industry the government will subsidize will be coal and gas producers.

:clap2:

I am a careful label reader. If it even comes close to looking like it was made with union labor, I'll do my very best to get something not made with union labor or made outside of the country. Even if I have to pay more for it.

:eusa_eh:

It's good to know that quality has nothing to do with your purchasing decisions.

:clap2:

You've just made some GM employees very happy.

I do prefer my purchases aren't made by drunks and drug addicts.

Chevy Volt sales triple - Jan. 3, 2013

It will be interesting to hear the RW Loons trash this...

I'm confused to be honest. GM shut Volt production down in September 2012 for 6 weeks because the cars were selling so poorly. The car pool land had been added in California months before. So that should have affected sales by September when they shut down after selling a little over 10,000 units.

GM Shuts Down Chevy Volt Production

But now they claim to have sold over 23,000 unit's after shutting down operations for a month and a half from September to the end of October and suddendly there was some influx of car buying for the last few months of the years which more than doubled the sales up to the point they decided to stop production?

And good grief, not only can they get a 7500 dollar credit from the feds but some states can combine other credits up to 6000! So yeah buy a car and get 12,500 back! WTH!?!?

For example, according to Chevrolet.com, residents of Colorado can combine a federal tax credit of up to $7,500 with a Colorado state income tax credit of up to $6,000 — the most generous offer nationwide. For Californians, the federal tax credit can be combined with a state rebate of $1,500. In Tennessee, in addition to the state income tax credit of $2,500, residents will receive a free charging station.

GM Shuts Down Chevy Volt Production

And the announcement from GE was far earlier.
And the announcement from GE said through the year 2015, so again you have no idea how many were purchased by them in 2012 when making your claims about the "extraordinary ratio" of Volts purchased by them.

Whatever, bub. You're obviously a Big Government Apologist.
Awww, is your fragile little ego bruised after being called out on spouting bullshit? My opinion on the size of government isn't relevant to the fact you were caught talking out of your ass and you know it. Just more attempts at distraction.

So where is your link? Or is this statement a Rush/Willard type of statement where something is said and then you look for somehow, someway to justify what you said.

I think that is called a "Lie."
Hah good luck getting a link from either one of them that backs up what they say. The guy making the "government bought tens of thousands of Volts" claim has mysteriously lost interest in the thread when asked to prove it, and that boedicca retard has hilariously alternating between posting links that prove nothing, backpedaling on what he said, trying to turn the topic away from what he claimed, and flailing random insults in frustration.

Boedicca should probably replace the profile pic with one of these to more match behavior:

images

images

images

If a product sells one unit in one year, and three the next, sales have tripled.

GM considers a lease a "SALE" .leasing a $50,000 dollar car for $200.00 a month after incentives should not be considered a victory .

$Obama-Volt1-522x350.jpg

The government bought most of those Volts. GM bought an entire fleet of Volts.

"More than half of all Volt sales are in California," said Alec Guitierrez, an analyst with Kelley Blue Book. The car has also been catching on in other markets, however, including Michigan and in the Chicago area, according to GM.

Besides the carpool lane stickers, the Volt has also been helped by aggressive leasing incentives offered in 2012. Last year, GM was offering the car for $289 a month with a $2,800 down payment. That was far less than a car with the Volt's nearly $40,000 purchase price would ordinarily lease for, even factoring in a $7,500 plug-in car tax credit

So...

So... the number is a lie you idiot.

Really? So give me a link proving a lie or will you make a delusional statement like you loony brothers on here and try to come up with justification. You will stutter and stammer and say nothing.

Really? So give me a link proving a lie or will you make a delusional statement like you loony brothers on here and try to come up with justification. You will stutter and stammer and say nothing.

No, I won't. I ahve stated many times before that I am in favor of hybrids and EV hybrids like the Volt. What I am NOT in favor of is the massive government tax incentive to sell them. The cost for the cars is still simply too high.

You can buy a turbo diesel car that gets 60 mpg for half of what the Volt costs. It will last longer with proper maintenance and will have a far greater resale value than the Volt as it has no unforseen toxic battery disposal issues. And it is less environmentally damaging than the manufacture of the Volt, which ostensibly is the reason to make the Volt in first place isn't it?

Now, according to these guys, Volt leases do indeed count as sales to the GM bosses so once again youare wrong. Also when the government buys cars that it technically allready owns to boost numbers a normal person would see that as a problem, a political hack on the other hand won't.

Extended range electric powertrain, federal and state incentives, still-high gasoline prices and hip interior and exterior design are all helping the Chevrolet Volt lead U.S. plug-in vehicle sales. Even though the overall numbers remain small, the Volt is clearly bypassing the Nissan Leaf and niche competitors. The stumbling block has always been the MSRP sticker price, which started out at about $41,000 when the Volt was launched in late 2010. So far, leasing has been the solution and that's getting even better for car shoppers.

When pricing was announced two years ago, eyebrows were raised over the Volt being priced about $9,000 more than the Nissan Leaf. General Motors forecasted strong residual values for the Volt and set up a lease program very close to the monthly payments for the Leaf. Since then numbers have gotten even more competitive, and TrueCar said the best lease deal arrived in July. A consumer can place $2,529 down and make $260-a-month lease payments for 36 months. The deal expires September 4. PluginCars is hearing anecdotal evidence about even better deals through individual Chevrolet dealerships.

There's also the question of resale values and finding deals on used Volts, once enough of them come off-lease within the next two years. The estimated trade-in value of a 2011 Volt, according to the National Automobile Dealers Association used car guide, is $29,325. That's 90 percent of its post-incentive $32,780 sticker price.

In California and New York, it's helping that the Volt qualifies for the HOV lane access for driver-only trips. It would also help to see gasoline prices go up over $4 a gallon – the Volt's competitive advantage being range anxiety reduction and freedom from gas station trips. As the Chevrolet Volt website says, "Electric When You Want It. Gas When You Need It."

Sweet Chevy Volt lease deals boosting sales numbers

And they are leasing the loser for far less than it is worth.

So?

When Sony came out with the Playstation 3 in 2006 it retailed for $600.

Now this device had what at the time was a new technology , a blu ray player. In 2006 a stand alone Sony blue ray player cost $1200.

Sony was taking a loss on every Playstation 3 they sold. Of course now six years later one can buy a Sony blue ray player for about $100. The PS3 is down to $300.

And Sony is making huge bank.

Seems like you peabrains would WANT GM to follow a similar strategy that leads to long term profit since you know we the taxpayer own stock in the company....\\

I should have added Sony was taking a loss on every PS3 sold intentionally b/c they wanted the blue ray technology on the market.

Last edited:

No, I won't. I ahve stated many times before that I am in favor of hybrids and EV hybrids like the Volt. What I am NOT in favor of is the massive government tax incentive to sell them. The cost for the cars is still simply too high.

You can buy a turbo diesel car that gets 60 mpg for half of what the Volt costs. It will last longer with proper maintenance and will have a far greater resale value than the Volt as it has no unforseen toxic battery disposal issues. And it is less environmentally damaging than the manufacture of the Volt, which ostensibly is the reason to make the Volt in first place isn't it?

Now, according to these guys, Volt leases do indeed count as sales to the GM bosses so once again youare wrong. Also when the government buys cars that it technically allready owns to boost numbers a normal person would see that as a problem, a political hack on the other hand won't.

Extended range electric powertrain, federal and state incentives, still-high gasoline prices and hip interior and exterior design are all helping the Chevrolet Volt lead U.S. plug-in vehicle sales. Even though the overall numbers remain small, the Volt is clearly bypassing the Nissan Leaf and niche competitors. The stumbling block has always been the MSRP sticker price, which started out at about $41,000 when the Volt was launched in late 2010. So far, leasing has been the solution and that's getting even better for car shoppers.

When pricing was announced two years ago, eyebrows were raised over the Volt being priced about $9,000 more than the Nissan Leaf. General Motors forecasted strong residual values for the Volt and set up a lease program very close to the monthly payments for the Leaf. Since then numbers have gotten even more competitive, and TrueCar said the best lease deal arrived in July. A consumer can place $2,529 down and make $260-a-month lease payments for 36 months. The deal expires September 4. PluginCars is hearing anecdotal evidence about even better deals through individual Chevrolet dealerships.

There's also the question of resale values and finding deals on used Volts, once enough of them come off-lease within the next two years. The estimated trade-in value of a 2011 Volt, according to the National Automobile Dealers Association used car guide, is $29,325. That's 90 percent of its post-incentive $32,780 sticker price.

In California and New York, it's helping that the Volt qualifies for the HOV lane access for driver-only trips. It would also help to see gasoline prices go up over $4 a gallon – the Volt's competitive advantage being range anxiety reduction and freedom from gas station trips. As the Chevrolet Volt website says, "Electric When You Want It. Gas When You Need It."

So you cannot verify you earlier assertion with facts. That is called A LIE! You got nothing and you can't prove anything, because you just made a statement based on your feeling. You have not facts. All yuo can do is NEG REP someone who calls you a liar. It seems you will be called that lot more in the future if you continue to make false and misleading statements.

So you cannot verify you earlier assertion with facts. That is called A LIE! You got nothing and you can't prove anything, because you just made a statement based on your feeling. You have not facts. All yuo can do is NEG REP someone who calls you a liar. It seems you will be called that lot more in the future if you continue to make false and misleading statements.

I neg rep douchebags who call me a liar and then can't back it up. Hello douchebag:lol:

I neg rep douchebags who call me a liar and then can't back it up. Hello douchebag:lol:

Everything that I have placed here has fact and/or a link behind it. You said the numbers were a lie, but you cannot prove your point. I am no shocked.

Electric cars will depend on a subsidy for many years. If not, no one would buy them. You can expect the government to off tax write offs for some time.

And then there's this:

The Obama administration is helping General Motors again by buying up its struggling line of electric cars.

The Department of Defense has begun purchasing Chevrolet Volts to "green up" the military. The DOD plans to buy a total 1,500 vehicles. At the Volt's baseline price of $39,995, that's almost $60 million from taxpayers to the company touted heavily during the Democratic National Convention.

GM loses up to $49,000 on every Volt it builds; it has sold only 13,500 Volts this year, 33.75% of its 40,000 goal; and the assembly plant that makes Volts will be closed for four weeks beginning September 17 due to low sales.

GM's initial investment in the Volt was over $1 billion, and since its release, the company has spent even more trying to re-engineer the vehicle for a flaw which has led to it catching fire when charging overnight.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/10/Chevy-Volt-Cronyism-Obama-Builds-Bad-Car-Has-Gov-Agencies-Buy-It-Up

Wow.. maybe we could use the unsold Volts as incendiary devices to be dropped on the Taliban?

:lol:

I have yet to see a Volt on the road. Just one. I'm on the freeways all the time. I've seen two Nissan Leafs and a POTLOAD of Prius'. But not one single Volt. There are more Prius' than any other car. Sometimes the 405 looks like a Prius car lot.

I have seen a bunch on the road. There are cool looking cars! First generations of any new revolutionary technology is expensive, with many flaws to work out and loses money. Wait until gen 2 and 3! Gas run cars will have a tough time competing! It will be like the Ipod competing with the walkman!!!

Forum List

Back