Voice of Russia

in my humble opinion you are unfortunately wrong.Below you can find one of the best after-perestroika movies I advise you to watch.I promise you will enjoy it, it's great.

And you are right, and I'm right :) I did not say that there are no good Russian movies at all. There is. But they began to be removed by an order of magnitude less than in the USSR. And the level of the best of these films is still below the level of the best Soviet films.

Actually, in Russian forums, I, just, usually act from the opposite side, when someone claims that there is no normal post-Soviet Russian cinema at all :)

If I think it over, I will name ten post-Soviet films and serials, which I can confidently put the highest mark. But this is for 27 years of Russian independence :-/
The thing I don't like about Russian movies is all the characters speak foreign. How is anyone supposed to know what's going on?

I worked in Russia thirty years ago therefore I know the country and a little bit Russian language. This movie is great, too sad you can not understand it.I can say it is the best movie of modern Russia.

in my humble opinion you are unfortunately wrong.Below you can find one of the best after-perestroika movies I advise you to watch.I promise you will enjoy it, it's great.

And you are right, and I'm right :) I did not say that there are no good Russian movies at all. There is. But they began to be removed by an order of magnitude less than in the USSR. And the level of the best of these films is still below the level of the best Soviet films.

Actually, in Russian forums, I, just, usually act from the opposite side, when someone claims that there is no normal post-Soviet Russian cinema at all :)

If I think it over, I will name ten post-Soviet films and serials, which I can confidently put the highest mark. But this is for 27 years of Russian independence :-/

OK, I'm waiting, but I hope 'Matilda' would be in your garbage bin.

I do not plan to watch "Matilda", so I can not evaluate it :)

This movie is great, too sad you can not understand it.I can say it is the best movie of modern Russia.

"Island" ("Ostrov" in Russian) - a strong film. 10 out of 10 by my estimation. But I can not consider him the best post-Soviet film - he is one among several that I value highly and I can not say which one is the best :)

Here are some more films that I appreciate highly. In chronological order, not in order of ranking.

- The Return (2003)
- Idiot (TV Mini-Series, 2003)
- Master i Margarita (TV Mini-Series, 2005)
- Time for picking stones (2005)
- Liquidation (TV Series, 2007)
- We Are from the Future (2008)
- Apostol (TV Mini-Series, 2008)

I wanted to give links to these films on IMDB, but suddenly IMDB now fell :)

I do not plan to watch "Matilda", so I can not evaluate it :)

This movie is great, too sad you can not understand it.I can say it is the best movie of modern Russia.

"Island" ("Ostrov" in Russian) - a strong film. 10 out of 10 by my estimation. But I can not consider him the best post-Soviet film - he is one among several that I value highly and I can not say which one is the best :)

Here are some more films that I appreciate highly. In chronological order, not in order of ranking.

- The Return (2003)
- Idiot (TV Mini-Series, 2003)
- Master i Margarita (TV Mini-Series, 2005)
- Time for picking stones (2005)
- Liquidation (TV Series, 2007)
- We Are from the Future (2008)
- Apostol (TV Mini-Series, 2008)

I wanted to give links to these films on IMDB, but suddenly IMDB now fell :)

I know only 'Idiot',it's indeed very good, I gonna check others.

I know only 'Idiot',it's indeed very good, I gonna check others.

By the way, in animation, Russia now looks good. Animated series Masha and Bear and Smeshariki received international fame.

Smeshariki even make a special adaptation for the American market. Under the name Kikoriki and with a simpler plot and jokes - in Russia these are cartoons not only for children, but also for adults, there are jokes for all ages. The Kikoriki variant is made only for children.

Also, little is known abroad, but my friends and I highly appreciate contemporary cartoons on the motifs of old Russian fairy tales - the Three Bogatyr and Ivan Tsarevich and the gray wolf.

These two animated cycles in English in YouTube I did not find, but found the first part of the "Three Bogatyrs" with English subtitles:

And again about politics. Today in Barcelona for the action of the supporters of the independence of Catalonia came 750 thousand Russian agents

photo_2017-11-11_21-47-08.jpg

048221d468e382f16e6c324e7c5e740d[1].JPG

Postwoman Maria Rubtsova, who carries parcels in the suburbs on horseback, became the face of AliExpress in China.

The 24-year-old rider will open the World Shopping Day on November 11 together with the founders of the Alibaba Group. The company chose Maria after the visit to Russia of Chinese journalists who made reports about the orders of Russians on AliExpress. During the visit, they visited the offices of the "Post of Russia" in the villages and small towns.

In the village of Marino, journalists were struck by the dedication of Mary, who carries parcels and mail on horseback in any weather. When they told about Masha in China and showed her photos, she became a real hero of social media and press in the country.

Maria moved to the village of Oparino from Moscow in 2015 and immediately settled in the post office in the neighboring village of Marino. There are eight villages in its service. In good weather, she moves on a black stallion Kosmos, in a bad preference moped.

In Russia there is such a saying - "And laughter, and sin" ("I smekh, i grekh"). It's when something is both fun and sad. The proverb is very common, it is clear that in Russia this is one of the traditional troubles :) Here and there. Pleasant news, but ashamed of our mail:

I saw here another video clip dedicated to the war of Russia in Syria. This time in honor of the special forces and some English song.

The text on hearing is almost not catch, so I do not know how it fits. And the video is not all about Syria. But still share this clip :)

Well, here, the Ministry of Defense of Russia loudly got into a puddle. In the accounts on Facebook and Twitter, there were photos of "ISIS convoy leaving from Abu-Kemal towards the Syrian-Iraqi border".

original_e9fcc9e82b9c7622cbae0a40523f6d31.jpg

But the photos show footage from the game AC-130 Gunship Simulator :)

original_6aa39ec4bccd58ade2e005b30cf13440.jpg

People on social networks are wondering if General Konashenkov has a gun to shoot himself. This is the official representative of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, which is responsible for the publication of such materials.

Western users can rejoice, there was a real example of the publication of fake news by Russian media :)

I do not understand why info about Russia is placed in ‘Asia’ part of this forum.
Yes, most of Russian territory is situated in Asia but the most of population lives in European part. Population makes culture and mentality not territory. Historically and culturally Russia is European country though it always looks to be a kind of opposition to west. It is only because if long lasting aggressive attitude of Britain to Russia. They have been afraid of us since Ivan IV (Groznyi, not Terrible as the translation is absolutely incorrect) while Britain dominates in ‘west’...EU and USA represent still the same British points.

As for Russian movies one should realize that Holywood is not what everyone wants from movie.
Holywood style of movies is just entertainment almost without any useful background. But Russian movies were always quite another - they taught spectators, they brought some ideas on how real human should behave, they made spectators think about some philosophical matters some aspects of morality, etc. But Holywood is just 2 hours of fun and forget about the movie just several seconds after “The end” sign.

So how can one compare?

The same as comparing Tolstoy, Burns, Pushkin, Shakespear to Marvel comics.

I do admit that Holywood is world leader in making dome special effects and it is the main thing they use to promote their movies.
But at the same time Holywood is huge and ugly instrument of propaganda. Most of folks do not study history neither read books or even some reliable analytical articles on political themes and alike. But they do watch movies! And what they see - USA is full of heros, always save the world while Russians are stupid angry barbarians always drunk and trying to ruin the world.

I have not written anything here for a long time. A lot of work has come down. Although there have been a lot of interesting news and events that I would like to evaluate :)

This is where the news went.

Google News will hide RT and Sputnik news from users

News aggregator Google News will learn how to rank news items from RT and Sputnik in order to combat “Russian propaganda”. This is reported by the portal VICE with reference to the chairman of the board of directors of Alphabet, which includes Google Inc, Eric Schmidt.

At the forum on international security in the Canadian Halifax, Schmidt said that Google intends to resist the “spread of disinformation.” The company is working on a news site evaluation system that will generate Google News issuance in accordance with the internal rating of the source. Schmidt stressed that such a policy will primarily affect RT and Sputnik.

“We do not want to block websites, it’s not our style of work, I’m not a supporter of censorship, I’m a supporter of ranking,” the chairman of the company’s board of directors says.

Earlier, the US Department of Justice brought RT America to the list of foreign agents under the Foreign Agents Act of 1938, and many other foreign state media such as the British BBC, the Chinese CCTV, the French television channel France 24, the German radio station Deutsche Welle, are not registered in this quality.

Editor-in-chief of RT and Sputnik Margarita Simonyan stated that the TV channel chose between registration and criminal case, and congratulated “the American freedom of speech and everyone who still believes in it.”

// Google News will hide RT and Sputnik news from users

But I do not find the original source, so I can not assess how reliable it is and is it not exaggerated? That is, Google is really openly involved in the political struggle or was it not?

There is such an interesting Polish SF&F painter, Jakub Rozalski. Despite its largely anti-Russian creativity, its pictures in Russia are popular :) And now, every time I look at his pictures, I have an association with China.

When I watch Chinese movies about World War II (for example, Ip Man), I get the impression that the Chinese perceive their enemies as a natural disaster. For example, cruel Japanese came. They create terrible things. Someone proudly resists them on an individual level. But all this protest is powerless. It is impossible to fight with a volcano or a hurricane. You can escape, hide and wait for the storm to go away. Time passes and the Japanese leave. Themselves. Their time is over. All the processes of the war between the USSR and the USA and Japan remain somewhere far behind the scenes - this is not important from the point of view of the Chinese psychology. The storm subsided on its own. You can leave the shelter. Probably, that's why Sun Tzu said "If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by".

So, in the paintings of Rozalski I see the same story :) Some absolutely irresistible monsters come from Germany or Russia. But it's enough to wait and they will die themselves.

photo_2017-11-21_00-00-47.jpg

P.S. It is interesting that Rozalski himself does not live in Poland, but in Hamburg. Probably waiting in a safe place until the next storm is over :)

Last edited:
Yesterday in the Russian Internet there was a big noise. A real scandal caused a Russian schoolboy to speak before the deputies of the Bundestag on the occasion of the National Mourning Day in Germany.

Russian Teenager's Peaceful Speech In Germany Kicks Up Angry Reaction Back Home

Talking about his historical researches, the schoolboy stated that many Wehrmacht soldiers did not want to fight, died in Soviet captivity under difficult conditions, and their graves are now in terrible condition. And he called such soldiers "innocently dead."

For Russia, which lost 27 million people at the hands of these "innocently murdered", the words sound very blasphemous. It's not surprising that a lot of people were outraged. Trying to look for the guilty, blaming teachers, parents ...

But the problem is much deeper. After the collapse of the USSR, there is no state ideology in Russia. Teachers have long been not the main or even weighty means of ideological upbringing. Teachers, in general, have a very low social and weight-forming outlook. Not every teacher - Makarenko (Anton Makarenko - Wikipedia), able to light students. It needs talent, and talent is always very small. An ordinary teacher is not a competitor to the rest of the shaping environment.

Any traveling seminars of quality professionals will not help. Firstly, there are practically no such professionals, and secondly, the rare, once a year or the order of such an event will not affect the formation of the worldview of students.

The question is solved only in a complex way. At the level of not even the entire education program, but the entire cultural program of the country. But we do not have that. There is no ideology, there are no holistic programs.

So in this case, there is no one to blame, unless you try to stupidly appoint someone extreme.

But the fact that the boy now began to persecute, among other things, MUCH worse than his stupid phrase.

A little positive.

The press secretary of the Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu was 26-year-old Rossiyana Markovskaya.

11665645_851272831615864_4350392122971791438_n_69wNTLK[1].jpg

Rossina was born on January 6, 1991. She graduated from the Faculty of Journalism of the Far Eastern Federal University. After working as a correspondent, a news anchor and the author of programs on the channel of GTRK "Vladivostok". For a while, she worked on the TV channel "Zvezda" ("Star").

Forum List

Back