Vivek Ramaswamy, the youngest GOP presidential candidate, wants civics tests for young voters 18 to 24

I understand what Ramaswami is saying and he's right to want informed voters. The problem with a civics test comes from who is going to make up the questions. If they were made up by some modern day progressives with disdain for our constitution, our founding fathers wouldn't even qualify to vote.

We can certainly see you're afraid of having people vote. I would be too since you guys haven't won a popular vote since 2004.

True, you should be worried, since the Democratic Party base is majority illiterate morons and high school dropouts.

Though he's campaigning as the "young" candidate, Ramaswamy would like to make it a little harder for the nation's youngest voters to cast a ballot.

He's proposing a constitutional amendment that would require citizens 18 to 24 to pass a civics test in order to vote — the same one immigrants take to become naturalized U.S. citizens. Under his proposal, young Americans could, as an alternative, perform six months of military or first-responder service. But if none of these requirements are met, they would have to wait until they turn 25 before they could vote in their first election.

Both of these should be on GOP platforms in every race. Fuck deadbeats and squatters. Serving in the military shouldn't exempt anybody from taking the civics tests either. Military or some sort of civilian service should be required, too.
Many young people have no knowledge of history.

I understand what Ramaswami is saying and he's right to want informed voters. The problem with a civics test comes from who is going to make up the questions. If they were made up by some modern day progressives with disdain for our constitution, our founding fathers wouldn't even qualify to vote.

Yes, that is of concern. But high schools and colleges already have tests made up. People who can't even name what type of system their local govt. is have no business voting in local elections. There is nothing ideological about what functions Mayors, governors, city councils, state Senators, the U.S. Congress, etc., etc, serve.

I mentioned Mike Pence to someone and he thought Pence played major league baseball. That is how clueless many young folks are.

Some adults still believe the covid vaccine was poison, Trump won the election, covid was invented in a lab by Anthony Fauci, there were WMDs, and that there was no insurrection.

I doubt those folks can be trusted with the ballot since they are quite clearly uninformed.

Do you have a link to this statute making English the official language?

Do you have any copies of the Declaration of Independence, Articles. of Confederation, and the Constitution? Do you think we really need a statute for that, idiot?

Strange...is English the national language or something?

Oh wait..the point of the test is the stop minorities from voting. I forget.
You have to be a citizen to vote. To become a citizen you have to be able to speak, read and write English. That's why intelligent, logical people want our elections exclusively in English. I know 'you people' like to blame everything on racism, but that's bullshit in this case. To make elections even fairer, they should require IDs, make 95% of voting in person and make voting machines tamperproof. Back to MAGA

Yes, that is of concern. But high schools and colleges already have tests made up. People who can't even name what type of system their local govt. is have no business voting in local elections. There is nothing ideological about what functions Mayors, governors, city councils, state Senators, the U.S. Congress, etc., etc, serve.
I'd love to see Vivek as Trump's AG. He has the best chance of straightening out that disaster called our DOJ.

Standard, nationwide, compiled by a 50/50 team of R/D

The republicans drive to disenfranchise the American voter. ... it never ends.

Republicans have no concept of what our Constitution means.
The guy living under a bridge gets the same vote as the guy who built that bridge. Each will vote in his own interest.

What difference does Civics knowledge make in deciding which candidate will best represent you?
Why only 18-24?

Forum List

Back