Vivek Ramaswamy, the youngest GOP presidential candidate, wants civics tests for young voters 18 to 24

Though he's campaigning as the "young" candidate, Ramaswamy would like to make it a little harder for the nation's youngest voters to cast a ballot.

He's proposing a constitutional amendment that would require citizens 18 to 24 to pass a civics test in order to vote — the same one immigrants take to become naturalized U.S. citizens. Under his proposal, young Americans could, as an alternative, perform six months of military or first-responder service. But if none of these requirements are met, they would have to wait until they turn 25 before they could vote in their first election.

Both of these should be on GOP platforms in every race. Fuck deadbeats and squatters. Serving in the military shouldn't exempt anybody from taking the civics tests either. Military or some sort of civilian service should be required, too.
Nothing but a fantasy.

If your party actually thought they were the most educated people in the country, why the hell are you so afraid of a little test. I'd say it's the same reason Biden won't take a cognitive test. Talk is cheap Democrats. It's time to put up or shut up.

If your party actually thought they were the most educated people in the country, why the hell are you so afraid of a little test. I'd say it's the same reason Biden won't take a cognitive test. Talk is cheap Democrats. It's time to put up or shut up.
I’m OK with a little test
Why don’t you let me administer it?

My Test

1. Was the 2020 election stolen?
2. Was COVID a Hoax?
3. Do COVID a vaccines work?
4. Do humans contribute to manmade global warming?
5. Should Same Sex couples be allowed to marry?

Republicans have no concept of what our Constitution means.
The guy living under a bridge gets the same vote as the guy who built that bridge. Each will vote in his own interest.

What difference does Civics knowledge make in deciding which candidate will best represent you?
Why only 18-24?
Sure they do.

They just don't like it.

You have to be a citizen to vote. To become a citizen you have to be able to speak, read and write English.
Or you can be born here. Like most of us.
That's why intelligent, logical people want our elections exclusively in English.
No; that is why bigots want to disenfranchise anyone who doesn't look like them from voting...or existing in the case of the political right.
I know 'you people' like to blame everything on racism, but that's bullshit in this case. To make elections even fairer, they should require IDs, make 95% of voting in person and make voting machines tamperproof. Back to MAGA
306>232...we MAGA'd already.

I understand what Ramaswami is saying and he's right to want informed voters. The problem with a civics test comes from who is going to make up the questions. If they were made up by some modern day progressives with disdain for our constitution, our founding fathers wouldn't even qualify to vote.
If Democrats write the test, the questions would be about Kwanzaa, weed, and twerking.

And here we have the typical sociopath's take on voting; it's all about them and what whims they have today, not the country.
You are the one with whims that a Civics Test has any relevance to voting

To me, anyone who believes our elections are stolen should not be allowed to participate in them

Forum List

Back