Virginia women protest "state mandated rape"

I hope some rape victim gets in their faces and tells them what rape really is.

It's quite disgusting that they are using the emotion of rape draw up anger at any measure to protect innocent lives.
In reality, this isn't really going to do that. If a woman wants the abortion, she can have one. And, regardless, she'll have an ultrasound before that procedure. So, these morons are bitching about something that is a given anyway. And, using a term that should be reserved for REAL victims.

What the bill WILL do is to ensure that no STATE funds will go toward elective abortions. As it should be.

I don't know who sits around and comes up with this stupid shit..put it's pathetic ...
You don't have to "know who sits around and comes up with this stupid shit .." because there are alot of people who do!

The more social conservatives try to force their legislative agenda down other people's throats and alienate the average citizen, the greater their resolve to turn up at their polling booth on November 6th.

Last edited:

It's quite disgusting that they are using the emotion of rape draw up anger at any measure to protect innocent lives.
In reality, this isn't really going to do that. If a woman wants the abortion, she can have one. And, regardless, she'll have an ultrasound before that procedure. So, these morons are bitching about something that is a given anyway. And, using a term that should be reserved for REAL victims.

What the bill WILL do is to ensure that no STATE funds will go toward elective abortions. As it should be.

State funds shouldnt go to any abortion.

State funds shouldnt go to any abortion.
I completely agree.

I'm pro choice (first trimester for elective), by the way. Funny how some of us don't have to sellout real victims of real crimes to partisanship.

An aspirin between the knees works well too...less shame and self loathing afterwards...

Tell that to the 99% of women who have sex. I don't think that will win you their votes. In fact its insulting to women.

People have sex. And if they get pregnant, they may want to have a legal abortion.

They can still get an abortion. Of course a condom, the pill, or (gasp!) abstinence, all work far better with none of the guilt or self loathing.

for the women I know who've made that choice, for whatever reason, there is neither guilt nor self loathing.

i'd suggest you stop attributing your own loathing to them. i also suggest old white men stop imposting conditions on the exercise of women's rights that are intended to CREATE guilt and self-loathing. cause isn't that what we're really talking about. you want to humiliate women.

i'd also suggest that women don't need men to save them from their decisions, so perhaps y'all should stop trying to prevent women from making the decisions they are entitled to make by law.

I don't know who sits around and comes up with this stupid shit..put it's pathetic.

state mandated rape.

yet these same people have no problems with them wanting to force us to pay for their abortions.

It's cheaper than having to pay for all the unwanted children who become criminals.

there are waiting list to adopt

to adopt white infants.....there are two orphanages here....i will be happy to give anyone the phone number.....none of the kids are infants

that waiting list to adopt is simply bullmal......its only for white infants

RICHMOND, Va. — Hundreds of women have locked arms and stood mute outside the Virginia State Capitol to protest a wave of anti-abortion legislation coursing through the 2012 General Assembly.

Capitol and state police officers, there to ensure order, estimated the crowd to be more than 1,000 people — mostly women. The crowd formed a human cordon through which legislators walked before Monday’s floor sessions of the Republican-controlled legislature.

The group was protesting bills that would cut off state aid to poor women seeking abortions, define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, and require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves.

None of the protesters carried posters. Few spoke, even when spoken to. Richmond resident Molly Vick wore a shirt that read, “Say no to state mandated rape.”

Women protest anti-abortion bills in Va. by locking arms, standing mute outside state Capitol - The Washington Post

Says the moron that thinks getting a pat down at the airport is rape.

Tell that to the 99% of women who have sex. I don't think that will win you their votes. In fact its insulting to women.

People have sex. And if they get pregnant, they may want to have a legal abortion.

They can still get an abortion. Of course a condom, the pill, or (gasp!) abstinence, all work far better with none of the guilt or self loathing.

for the women I know who've made that choice, for whatever reason, there is neither guilt nor self loathing.

i'd suggest you stop attributing your own loathing to them. i also suggest old white men stop imposting conditions on the exercise of women's rights that are intended to CREATE guilt and self-loathing. cause isn't that what we're really talking about. you want to humiliate women.

i'd also suggest that women don't need men to save them from their decisions, so perhaps y'all should stop trying to prevent women from making the decisions they are entitled to make by law.

I promise you that the intent is to save their children from their decisions, saving the women as well is just a natural by-product.

Long and the short of the foolishness here is that there is not mandate for a vaginal probe for ultrasound. There is just the requirement for an ultrasound, which is non invasive.

Now the process of dilation and Curettage is invasive and somewhat dangerous, so the attitude of the antis is somewhat weird. They object to a non invasive procedure prior to an invasive procedure they are promoting because the non invasive procedure is too invasive.

It looks to me like little more than sensible medical practice.

Can you provide a credible link to support your claim that Virginia legislation is not going to require a state-mandated vaginal probe (TVU) prior to abortion?

look through they thread, Shitting Bull. I posted a link to the HR bill itself. No specification is made as to the type of ultrasound.

What's wrong with getting a visual on what's growing inside so you can make a more informed decision? The more you know and all.

I realize this is a subject that you guys have a hard time understanding; but it's really very simple. When a woman chooses to get an abortion; that is her choice. Under this law, a woman seeking an abortion will have no choice but to let a doctor stick a probe up her vagina. It's about the freedom to choose; to not have the gov't mandate what you can do with your own body.

Knowledge is a powerful thing. How is having more knowledge about what's inside of a woman prior to making the decision to have an abortion bad? Dems are always saying that Reps want to cut education . . well here they are promoting education so what is your objection to, exactly? It can't possibly be the whole 'mandate' thing as you're whining about because gov't is mandating that we purchase health insurance for our bodies and you're ok with that.

You didn't even come close to answering my question.

What's wrong with getting a visual on what's growing inside so you can make a more informed decision? The more you know and all.

I realize this is a subject that you guys have a hard time understanding; but it's really very simple. When a woman chooses to get an abortion; that is her choice. Under this law, a woman seeking an abortion will have no choice but to let a doctor stick a probe up her vagina. It's about the freedom to choose; to not have the gov't mandate what you can do with your own body.

Because a knife is less invasive than a probe?

I know its hard for some of you to understand but to some its a LIFE not a choice. The choice was made when the legs were opened.

No, it's about choice. The choice to let a human be born and the chance to live or the choice to destroy the human and take away their chance at life. We must not forget ... it's always about choice.

wrong. Look in the thread for the linked HR bill. No specification of the type of ultrasound is made. You're either stupid, or a liar. Which is it?

Such liars the press are.

And such suckers so many of the readers are.

And, the women protesting this are idiots and sellouts.

"Except in the case of a medical emergency, at least 24 hours before the performance of an
abortion a qualified medical professional trained in sonography and working under the direct
supervision of a physician licensed in the Commonwealth shall perform fetal ultrasound imaging and
auscultation of fetal heart tone services on the patient undergoing the abortion for the purpose of
determining gestational age."

What horror!

RICHMOND, Va. — Hundreds of women have locked arms and stood mute outside the Virginia State Capitol to protest a wave of anti-abortion legislation coursing through the 2012 General Assembly.

Capitol and state police officers, there to ensure order, estimated the crowd to be more than 1,000 people — mostly women. The crowd formed a human cordon through which legislators walked before Monday’s floor sessions of the Republican-controlled legislature.

The group was protesting bills that would cut off state aid to poor women seeking abortions, define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, and require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves.

None of the protesters carried posters. Few spoke, even when spoken to. Richmond resident Molly Vick wore a shirt that read, “Say no to state mandated rape.”

Women protest anti-abortion bills in Va. by locking arms, standing mute outside state Capitol - The Washington Post

Transvaginal ultrasound?

Are these the same people who oppose a TSA patdown at the airport?

Transvaginal ultrasound?

Are these the same people who oppose a TSA patdown at the airport?
Funny you ask that. Here's what the bill says: "Except in the case of a medical emergency, at least 24 hours before the performance of an abortion a qualified medical professional trained in sonography and working under the direct supervision of a physician licensed in the Commonwealth shall perform fetal ultrasound imaging and auscultation of fetal heart tone services on the patient undergoing the abortion for the purpose of determining gestational age."

So, no.

Forum List

Back