Virginia women protest "state mandated rape"

What's wrong with getting a visual on what's growing inside so you can make a more informed decision? The more you know and all.

I realize this is a subject that you guys have a hard time understanding; but it's really very simple. When a woman chooses to get an abortion; that is her choice. Under this law, a woman seeking an abortion will have no choice but to let a doctor stick a probe up her vagina. It's about the freedom to choose; to not have the gov't mandate what you can do with your own body.

Knowledge is a powerful thing. How is having more knowledge about what's inside of a woman prior to making the decision to have an abortion bad? Dems are always saying that Reps want to cut education . . well here they are promoting education so what is your objection to, exactly? It can't possibly be the whole 'mandate' thing as you're whining about because gov't is mandating that we purchase health insurance for our bodies and you're ok with that.

You didn't even come close to answering my question.

:lol::lol::lol: What a crock of shit. So now forcing women to take a probe up their vagina is education?

As far as the mandate goes, you can't possibly believe that the insurance mandate is even remotely close to the probe mandate :confused:

The insurance mandate is a tool used to get more people into the market; therefore, driving down insurance costs. Ask Romney about it; it has worked pretty well in MA. What benefit comes from forcing women to take probes up their vagina? Other than your desire to stop abortions - which is still a legal medical procedure; or your desire to make then feel guilty - which is no basis for a law.

I did answer your question. You asked what is wrong with getting a visual on what's in a woman's stomach. It depends on how you frame the question. What is wrong with a woman choosing to get an ultrasound? Nothing. What is wrong with a woman being forced by law to get an ultrasound? The key word there is 'forced'. If you can't wrap your head around that, then you are beyond my help.

Any conservative who supports this has lost all credibility when it comes to concern over gov't intrusion in their lives.

I don't know who sits around and comes up with this stupid shit..put it's pathetic.

state mandated rape.

yet these same people have no problems with them wanting to force us to pay for their abortions.

It's cheaper than having to pay for all the unwanted children who become criminals.

that's not the point dim bulb. we shouldn't have to pay a dime for their stupidity.

I realize this is a subject that you guys have a hard time understanding; but it's really very simple. When a woman chooses to get an abortion; that is her choice. Under this law, a woman seeking an abortion will have no choice but to let a doctor stick a probe up her vagina. It's about the freedom to choose; to not have the gov't mandate what you can do with your own body.

Knowledge is a powerful thing. How is having more knowledge about what's inside of a woman prior to making the decision to have an abortion bad? Dems are always saying that Reps want to cut education . . well here they are promoting education so what is your objection to, exactly? It can't possibly be the whole 'mandate' thing as you're whining about because gov't is mandating that we purchase health insurance for our bodies and you're ok with that.

:lol::lol::lol: What a crock of shit. So now forcing women to take a probe up their vagina is education?

As far as the mandate goes, you can't possibly believe that the insurance mandate is even remotely close to the probe mandate :confused:

The insurance mandate is a tool used to get more people into the market; therefore, driving down insurance costs. Ask Romney about it; it has worked pretty well in MA. What benefit comes from forcing women to take probes up their vagina? Other than your desire to stop abortions - which is still a legal medical procedure; or your desire to make then feel guilty - which is no basis for a law.

I did answer your question. You asked what is wrong with getting a visual on what's in a woman's stomach. It depends on how you frame the question. What is wrong with a woman choosing to get an ultrasound? Nothing. What is wrong with a woman being forced by law to get an ultrasound? The key word there is 'forced'. If you can't wrap your head around that, then you are beyond my help.

Any conservative who supports this has lost all credibility when it comes to concern over gov't intrusion in their lives.
The "probe up the vagina" is strong in your imagination. But, not in the bill.

I must say that I do find it amusing that "small government" conservatives are trying to legislatively mandate that a woman have a 2 foot plastic rod shoved up her twat before she can get a LEGAL medical procedure performed.

I must say that I do find it amusing that "small government" conservatives are trying to legislatively mandate that a woman have a 2 foot plastic rod shoved up her twat before she can get a LEGAL medical procedure performed.
Only, the bill mandates no such thing.

Yes, it is. Showing exactly what is inside will provide the woman with more information than she has without an ultrasound. Actually seeing a heartbeat vs. feeling nothing but sick or nothing at all.

The insurance mandate is a tool to give the insurance companies tons more business and to fine people who do not comply; the ultrasound mandate is a tool to inform a woman of exactly what her choice will do and to ensure that the fetus is not beyond the 12 week mark; it ensures that the abortion will be a legal one.

But it's ok for the gov't to 'force' someone to purchase insurance. Right?

If you want an abortion you need to get an ultrasound. Don't want to get the ultrasound then you don't get an abortion.

If you are born you are forced to have health insurance. Don't want to be born? Oh wait . . . .

what we want is for you to do what you want, when you want, with whom you want, as often as you want and then for you to PAY for it. IS that so fucking hard?

Buy your own damn birth control or knot.

use a condom or knot

have a baby or knot

it's your choice and your financial responsibility.

Such liars the press are.

And such suckers so many of the readers are.

And, the women protesting this are idiots and sellouts.

"Except in the case of a medical emergency, at least 24 hours before the performance of an
abortion a qualified medical professional trained in sonography and working under the direct
supervision of a physician licensed in the Commonwealth shall perform fetal ultrasound imaging and
auscultation of fetal heart tone services on the patient undergoing the abortion for the purpose of
determining gestational age."

What horror!

Determining gestational age has nothing to do with it. Laying on additional guilt in the hopes of chasing her away is the sole purpose of the bill

"Except in the case of a medical emergency, at least 24 hours before the performance of an
abortion a qualified medical professional trained in sonography and working under the direct
supervision of a physician licensed in the Commonwealth shall perform fetal ultrasound imaging and
auscultation of fetal heart tone services on the patient undergoing the abortion for the purpose of

What horror!

Determining gestational age has nothing to do with it. Laying on additional guilt in the hopes of chasing her away is the sole purpose of the bill

Just like your health care bill.

The phrase how do you like me now comes to mind.

What horror!

so to ewe "ignorance is bliss"? figures

What's wrong with getting a visual on what's growing inside so you can make a more informed decision? The more you know and all.

wrong. Look in the thread for the linked HR bill. No specification of the type of ultrasound is made. You're either stupid, or a liar. Which is it?

Here's the language:

"Except in the case of a medical emergency, at least 24 hours before the performance of an abortion a qualified medical professional trained in sonography and working under the direct supervision of a physician licensed in the Commonwealth shall perform fetal ultrasound imaging and auscultation of fetal heart tone services on the patient undergoing the abortion for the purpose of determining gestational age."

Ok, so we've established that women will be required to have an ultrasound. The language of the law doesn't specify transvaginal ultrasounds be performed; however, transvaginal ultrasounds are the primary ultrasound method used for pregnancies under 12 weeks gestation.

Abdominal Ultrasound: Vaginal Ultrasound, Types of Ultrasound
The vaginal or "trans-vaginal" ultrasound is performed by placing a sterilized ultrasound probe inside the vagina. This method is often used during fertility treatment or early pregnancy (less than 12 weeks) as it enables the ultrasonographer to look more closely at the woman's uterus. Vaginal ultrasounds may also be more beneficial if the woman has a retroverted or 'tipped' uterus (up till 12 weeks of pregnancy) or if the ultrasonographer needs to view the woman's cervix or detect a low-lying placenta.

Since VA's law requires that women seeking an abortion will have no choice but to have an ultrasound, and the majority of abortions are performed on pregnancies under 12 weeks gestation, then under VA's law, women who are under 12 weeks gestation and who choose to have an abortion will most likely have to get a transvaginal ultrasound.

Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

When women have abortions
Eighty-eight percent of abortions occur in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, 2006.

IB-induced-abortion-c2.gif

Last edited:

What horror!

Ah, you have a special ability to read minds.

I haven't developed that sense in myself, yet. I'm hoping some day I will be able to tap that ability somehow.

Regardless of your special skills, in most states, not just the Commonwealth of Virginia, elective abortions are not allowed after 12 weeks.

Don't let any facts get in the way of your special skills, though.

Yes or no, the bill mandates an ultrasound be performed prior to the abortion.

Yes, it is. Showing exactly what is inside will provide the woman with more information than she has without an ultrasound. Actually seeing a heartbeat vs. feeling nothing but sick or nothing at all.

The insurance mandate is a tool to give the insurance companies tons more business and to fine people who do not comply; the ultrasound mandate is a tool to inform a woman of exactly what her choice will do and to ensure that the fetus is not beyond the 12 week mark; it ensures that the abortion will be a legal one.

If you want an abortion you need to get an ultrasound. Don't want to get the ultrasound then you don't get an abortion.

If you are born you are forced to have health insurance. Don't want to be born? Oh wait . . . .

Thanks for proving my point.

Yes or no, the bill mandates an ultrasound be performed prior to the abortion.
And with or without the bill, there is no physician who will do an abortion without an ultrasound. So, your gripe is what?

wrong. Look in the thread for the linked HR bill. No specification of the type of ultrasound is made. You're either stupid, or a liar. Which is it?

Here's the language:

"Except in the case of a medical emergency, at least 24 hours before the performance of an abortion a qualified medical professional trained in sonography and working under the direct supervision of a physician licensed in the Commonwealth shall perform fetal ultrasound imaging and auscultation of fetal heart tone services on the patient undergoing the abortion for the purpose of determining gestational age."

Ok, so we've established that women will be required to have an ultrasound. The language of the law doesn't specify transvaginal ultrasounds be performed; however, transvaginal ultrasounds are the primary ultrasound method used for pregnancies under 12 weeks gestation.

Abdominal Ultrasound: Vaginal Ultrasound, Types of Ultrasound
The vaginal or "trans-vaginal" ultrasound is performed by placing a sterilized ultrasound probe inside the vagina. This method is often used during fertility treatment or early pregnancy (less than 12 weeks) as it enables the ultrasonographer to look more closely at the woman's uterus. Vaginal ultrasounds may also be more beneficial if the woman has a retroverted or 'tipped' uterus (up till 12 weeks of pregnancy) or if the ultrasonographer needs to view the woman's cervix or detect a low-lying placenta.

Since VA's law requires that women seeking an abortion will have no choice but to have an ultrasound, and the majority of abortions are performed on pregnancies under 12 weeks gestation, then under VA's law, women who are under 12 weeks gestation and who choose to have an abortion will most likely have to get a transvaginal ultrasound.

Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

When women have abortions
Eighty-eight percent of abortions occur in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, 2006.

IB-induced-abortion-c2.gif

How does this law prevent a woman from getting an abortion?

Thanks for proving my point.

That being an educated and informed patient is a bad thing? Your point isn't very pointy.

Forum List

Back