Video WTF 17 Year Old Girl Arrested For Cursing At A 911 Operator

Aaah ... but why does it offend? Who decided what was and was not offensive? Your whole point fails to address a very obvious problem: culture. The word that offends me the most is "like", it should be bleeped from everything! It's offensively abused by so many and no one gets on them for it. It's more offensive than the words fuck, shit, damn, hell, bitch, etc. because it's only one word used in place of these. Offense shouldn't changed based on the sounds strewn together, but on the attitude of the speaker. Words like crap, dang, fudge, and like are far more offensively used now, just because the word is different does not change the intent or purpose. Taking offense at the intent, fine, but taking offense at the word is just idiotic.

Oh yeah, the perfect examples are foreign countries. In Germany for instance (I am 50% German-Jew) the two most offensive things you can call a person are:

Scratching Cat
Pecking Bird

No meaning to those not raised in that culture, but there it's grounds for a blood bath.

You miss my point. I am not personally offended by any word. I may be offended by the substance of what some one says to me but not by any particular word.

Someone coull say fuck you to me and I would be affended by that, but if someone was to yell FUCK! in surprise I would not be offended.

Oh yeah, the perfect examples are foreign countries. In Germany for instance (I am 50% German-Jew) the two most offensive things you can call a person are:

Scratching Cat
Pecking Bird

No meaning to those not raised in that culture, but there it's grounds for a blood bath.

It means calling somebody a pussy and a chickenshit.

a paniced 17 yr old watching her father seizure and a veteran cop acting like he has never said or heard the word fuck?

it is not the job of 911 operaters to make judgemental calls...they are there to help...

here if you hit the preprogrammed button, they will call back....if you can talk really well and say your sorry 1000x you will just an officier doing a "well check" thankfully they dont send it all

Scratching Cat
Pecking Bird

It means calling somebody a pussy and a chickenshit.

Only if used as an insult intentionally, however if you are actually talking about those things then it's not. Intent is everything, the words are nothing, that was the point. The word fuck actually means sexual intercourse, shit means excrement, hell ... well that's a mythical "bad place", etc. but there is no difference if you say "fudge that" ... you may as well say "fuck that". Crap is just a pointless word on so many levels, just say shit when you mean it. Feel good words are no better than foul language, and people just need to stop getting offended so damned easy.

thanks to a bold decision by the guns we of the USMB can use the word.. ****.....freedom oh sweet freedom baby..if you don't use it ...you can lose it.....I developed a new found and deep respect for the man that day...I said to myself..now there is a man that loves freedom and his country..a real American

As someone living in Germany I dont really get what insults you are refering too, but, on topic, that cop is full of fucking shit from hell.

How long? Last time I spoke to a real German (born there in other words) was about 15 or 16 years ago, though when I mentioned it to another more recently he backed it up, he is about 65 years old but meh.

People that are paid by taxpayers to do the shit work that people won't do for themselves burn out. They deal with some of the rudest, stupidest, meanest, craziest, most violent people in our society on a daily basis. Condsider yourself lucky that they restrain themselves as much as they do.

Forum List

Back