Video WTF 17 Year Old Girl Arrested For Cursing At A 911 Operator

It's a good example of people using their own morals to abuse power. Good find Eots.

This is the problem though, not enough people who encounter such abuses come forward, they either think that they can't do anything or they try to blame all law enforcement. It's not all law enforcement, it's a few bad apples who give decent police a bad name. If more such bad cops got outed instead of people trying to sue when they do their job right then there wouldn't be as many bad cops.

damn i rarely watch your videos due to the lenght and all....but i simply cant believe this...she said fuck and he hangs up on her....this is a 911 call? she continues to call...he continues to hang up on her..she finally runs to a police station for help where he arrests her for imaginary crimes? 2 weeks suspension my ass....i dont care if he is a 20 yr vet..his actions will cost that city a good settlement with girl and family....here 911 has to answer the call....even if you mistaken hit the button on phone programmed to call...they will call you back then send an officier to make sure you are okay.

damn i rarely watch your videos due to the lenght and all....but i simply cant believe this...she said fuck and he hangs up on her....this is a 911 call? she continues to call...he continues to hang up on her..she finally runs to a police station for help where he arrests her for imaginary crimes? 2 weeks suspension my ass....i dont care if he is a 20 yr vet..his actions will cost that city a good settlement with girl and family....here 911 has to answer the call....even if you mistaken hit the button on phone programmed to call...they will call you back then send an officier to make sure you are okay.

Seattle if you dial 911 and hang up they send everything ... police, ambulance, and fire, just in case.

She was having a bad day and he may have been having one too. He dropped the ball but that doesn't make him a bad cop. He should be admonished no doubt. 20 years with no bad reviews. Settle the lawsuits out of court so as to not waste the taxpayers money and suspend the officer and move on.

She was having a bad day and he may have been having one too. He dropped the ball but that doesn't make him a bad cop. He should be admonished no doubt. 20 years with no bad reviews. Settle the lawsuits out of court so as to not waste the taxpayers money and suspend the officer and move on.

A clean record doesn't really show anything, as I said before, the bad cops are generally ignored while the good ones get prosecuted for doing their job. The primary reason is people fear the backlash of the bad cops, they demonstrate they are willing to abuse their power so it's only logical to think they will come back for revenge when you do turn them in, which is why more need to be prosecuted.

On the flip side, many good cops become targets because the people already know they won't do anything to break the law or the trust in them, so they are seen as weak targets to get settlements from.

One good example of the second point: A man high on something, violent with a Katana. The police gave him plenty of chances to drop the weapon, after he had been threatening passerbys on the street. Then when he lunged at them they fired, of course they hurt the guy, he was lucky they didn't kill him because a Katana is no joke, and it was an authentic one to so the cops were very lucky as well that they acted. He sued them, successfully thanks to the ACLU, because he was black. These were all good cops, doing their job protecting the general public, putting their lives on the line for it, and they got in trouble. Worse, it was all caught on tape, and when I saw it, they did everything they could to try to reason with the sword wielding drugged psycho.

A clean record doesn't really show anything, as I said before, the bad cops are generally ignored while the good ones get prosecuted for doing their job. The primary reason is people fear the backlash of the bad cops, they demonstrate they are willing to abuse their power so it's only logical to think they will come back for revenge when you do turn them in, which is why more need to be prosecuted.

On the flip side, many good cops become targets because the people already know they won't do anything to break the law or the trust in them, so they are seen as weak targets to get settlements from.

One good example of the second point: A man high on something, violent with a Katana. The police gave him plenty of chances to drop the weapon, after he had been threatening passerbys on the street. Then when he lunged at them they fired, of course they hurt the guy, he was lucky they didn't kill him because a Katana is no joke, and it was an authentic one to so the cops were very lucky as well that they acted. He sued them, successfully thanks to the ACLU, because he was black. These were all good cops, doing their job protecting the general public, putting their lives on the line for it, and they got in trouble. Worse, it was all caught on tape, and when I saw it, they did everything they could to try to reason with the sword wielding drugged psycho.

Link?

Link?

Local news story from about 8 years ago. Search for it yourself if you want to dig through the archives.

Link?

Local news story from about 8 years ago. Search for it yourself if you want to dig through the archives.

With no specifics like "the police" and "black man" you can imagine how that search went. :doubt:

With no specifics like "the police" and "black man" you can imagine how that search went. :doubt:

Duh ... why do you think I didn't post a link. I'm lazy as hell, you really think I want to spend the time searching for something that happened that long ago when I can't even remember the exact date?

My son, special needs (autistic spectrum disorder) would get pissed at us for <whatever> and would sneak into our bedroom and call 911. He would often just hang up but they always sent a car to our house to check it out. Always. (Oh the bulgy eyes of our neighbors! ha)

This guy was wrong. He didn't even ask the girl what was wrong. I can imagine if I was in a situation where I was panicking over a family member getting hurt or having an accident, my mouth might likely be shooting off foul language too. Isn't the purpose of 911 -- emergencies? Lots of folks don't think clearly or rationally in those situations. The foul language should be shelved and he should have listened to her tone of voice and asked her what was wrong. You know, he should have done his job?

Even with a settlement, the taxpayers money has been wasted. Maybe this officer should be made to pay the settlement? A direct financial penalty against officers who abuse their power might make them think twice in how they act, even when they're having a bad day.

Even with a settlement, the taxpayers money has been wasted. Maybe this officer should be made to pay the settlement? A direct financial penalty against officers who abuse their power might make them think twice in how they act, even when they're having a bad day.

I wish that would help, I'd be all for it, except for one problem: A truly bad cop wouldn't hesitate to "take revenge" by abusing their power even more. Suspension and reduction in status when the evidence is that compelling.

I should have said "not waste more of the taxpayer's money." The insurance company would have taken the immediate hit so the taxpayer restitution would have been in smaller increments. When I was arrested unlawfully, all I wanted was a full apology and my bail money back. You would not believe how fucking difficult that was and I'm sure court costs alone wasted so much of the taxpayer's money.

While there is a law against uttering profanity on public airwaves, luckily in America we still have free speach and the word fuck is not illegal to say.

Having been raised in a fundamentalist Christian home I understand that many people are offended by 'foul' language and being a good lefty I don't I don't like to offend people so I never use profanity in public but I am real tired of the moralists trying to cram their religious sensabilities down our throats.

This cop immediately decided that this person would not get his help because he was offended by her language. If public employees can not do their jobs simply because they are offended they should not be in those jobs.

Well I don't spend alot of time worrying about whether people were offended by me I don't on the other hand go out of my way to offend.

As I said, with my upbringing I'm well versed in what offends many people. Many people don't have this experience and I'll bet it never occurred to this girl that she may be offending a grown man with the use of the word fuck.

New Topics

Forum List

Back