Video Clip of a kid with two fathers (yes, that kind)

You do realize that this was an attempt to destroy the sin that existed in these tribes, don't you?

The first reference to a homosexual act is in Genesis 9:20-25, along with the curse by Noah: “Noah began to be a man of the soil, and he planted a vineyard. He drank of the wine and became drunk and lay uncovered in his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father and told his two brothers outside. Then Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father. Their faces were turned backward, and they did not see their father's nakedness. When Noah awoke from his wine and knew what his youngest son had done to him, he said, "Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be to his brothers."”

Ancient Hebrew commonly speaks of a man’s nakedness to refer to sexual intercourse. The only logical conclusion here is that Ham committed a homosexual act on a drunken, sleeping Noah.

In Genesis 10:15-20 we find the descendents of Ham: “Canaan fathered Sidon his firstborn and Heth, and the Jebusites, the Amorites, the Girgashites, the Hivites, the Arkites, the Sinites, the Arvadites, the Zemarites, and the Hamathites. Afterward the clans of the Canaanites dispersed. And the territory of the Canaanites extended from Sidon in the direction of Gerar as far as Gaza, and in the direction of Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim, as far as Lasha. These are the sons of Ham, by their clans, their languages, their lands, and their nations.”

In Deuteronomy 7:1-2 we see that Noah’s curse is also God’s curse: "When the LORD your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Canaanites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and stronger than you, and when the LORD your God delivers them before you and you defeat them, then you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them.”​

Let us kill the sinner to destroy the sin. That approach has not been used since, perhaps, the Salem Witch Trials. Let us return to the Biblical days.

Getting back to my comment, it still stands that, on some occasions, God did not call for the taking of slaves but for the killing of everyone in the land that the “chosen” people were to take.

You can talk around it all as you like but God even called for the killing of children. That simply amazes me. If it were I, at the very least, I’d simply take the kids, let them live, and teach them the ways of my people.

Let us kill the sinner to destroy the sin. That approach has not been used since, perhaps, the Salem Witch Trials. Let us return to the Biblical days.

Getting back to my comment, it still stands that, on some occasions, God did not call for the taking of slaves but for the killing of everyone in the land that the “chosen” people were to take.

You can talk around it all as you like but God even called for the killing of children. That simply amazes me. If it were I, at the very least, I’d simply take the kids, let them live, and teach them the ways of my people.

The "kids" you refer to were of tribes inherently stained with sin as I stated before and gave Biblical reference to. I have a more detailed cut-n-paste about this issue if you are interested.

God is willing to sacrifice the lives of individuals to preserve the human race. It may seem harsh from our perspective but for Him its no different that destroying some widgets that were poorly cast, in order to save the integrity of the design.

Forum List

Back