Video Clip of a kid with two fathers (yes, that kind)

Gay couples make as good parents as anybody.

You have some data to back that up? With that said, broad generalizations from either side on any issue are just that, broad generalizations. Fallacious statements, concealed as generalizations are well, fallacious.

We all have our assumptions, based upon our hypothesis or worse, prejudices. Here's mine on this topic: if I had 'control' of all children needing adults to raise them my first placements would be into financially independent, married, two parent famiies. Now some children, because of age, health issues, behavioral issues, they might be 'left overs' or undesirable-in fairness, if I were in 'control' probably fewer than expected, cause I wouldn't be so worried about race, religion, other current 'issues', as long as the parents were vetted 'caring.'

Still, there would be some. Then I'd look for adult(s) that best fit with the issues the child exhibited. For instance, you wouldn't want to put a hyper child with an older adult in a downtown highrise. However, a child confined to a wheelchair might fit just right. All children, if not irreperably harmed by institutionalization do better with caring adults than warehoused. So while my ideal might not be adults that didn't look like the child or have the same sexuality as the child would 'hopefully' have, the child would still be better off with the differences, than the alternative.

Gay couples make as good parents as anybody.

Sounds like the indoctrination has worked perfectly with you. I bet you just love "Will and Grace" reruns too. Homosexuals are so very cool!!!!!!Let's elect one for President and all of our country's problems will be solved.

Sure. You ever see a mom throw a baseball or show a boy how to throw a punch?

I've seen lots of moms throw baseballs. Not too many I know like to teach their kids how to resolve their conflicts by punching people though.

Oh... I dunno... I've done the football thing with my little guy and his dojo master is a woman who is not to be f'd with.... and she IS the one who taught him how to bust it up.

So there ya go.

Not to be fucked with? That is like saying Annika Sorenstam, top female golf pro on the LPGA Tour, isn't to be fucked with on a golf course. She would get her ass handed to her if she plays any of the top 125 money winners on the men's PGA Tour(especially if she has to play them from the real tees instead of the ladies tees). I'm sure any male with the same belt would kick your dojo master's ass.

Not to be fucked with? That is like saying Anika Sorrenstam, top female golf pro on the LPGA Tour, isn't to be fucked with on a golf course. She would get her ass handed to her if she plays any of the top 125 money winners on the men's PGA Tour(especially if she has to play them from the real tees instead of the ladies tees). I'm sure any male with the same belt would kick your dojo master's ass.

Fact remains, she could teach her kid how to throw a punch just fine.

Why do people like yourself insist that there isnt a difference between male and females? We are designed differently. We are wired differently. We may share many many similiar traits but we are different. And im glad we are. Because its our differences that compliment and perfect each other.

The breakdown of the family will cause the destruction predicted in the last days.

Why do children from single parent households grow up with more difficulties than do children who are raised by two parents? Correlation does not mean causation. Could it be that the low socioeconomic status of single-parent families has an influence. Could it be that many children are trouble to begin with and that difficult children drive parents apart? Could it be that the child was growing in a two-parent family in which there was daily strife and that if the couple had not divorced, the child would have had even more problems? There are so many factors to consider.

We do not have enough gay families with children in which to make an adequate study.

Finally, aside from biological / anatomical differences, women and men are the same. I think that most of the non-anatomical differences are simply the results of social conditioning. If you could raise children from the moment of birth in totally scientifically controlled environments, there would be no gender differences except for those that serve a biological function: sex organs, lactating breasts, etc.

Why do children from single parent households grow up with more difficulties than do children who are raised by two parents? Correlation does not mean causation. Could it be that the low socioeconomic status of single-parent families has an influence. Could it be that many children are trouble to begin with and that difficult children drive parents apart? Could it be that the child was growing in a two-parent family in which there was daily strife and that if the couple had not divorced, the child would have had even more problems? There are so many factors to consider.

We do not have enough gay families with children in which to make an adequate study.

Finally, aside from biological / anatomical differences, women and men are the same. I think that most of the non-anatomical differences are simply the results of social conditioning. If you could raise children from the moment of birth in totally scientifically controlled environments, there would be no gender differences except for those that serve a biological function: sex organs, lactating breasts, etc.
While there is a lot to argue about here, which of course is your point, let's just address this:

Finally, aside from biological / anatomical differences, women and men are the same. I think that most of the non-anatomical differences are simply the results of social conditioning.
First stated as 'fact,' no qualifiers. Second stated 'with qualifier'-see green.

What do you have to back up either contention?

You guys keep contending that gay parents are bad for kids without backing that up, then when someone states an opposing point of view you ask for substantiation. If you're going to keep asking people you disagree with to substantiate their statements, it's only fair that you do the same.

You guys keep contending that gay parents are bad for kids without backing that up, then when someone states an opposing point of view you ask for substantiation. If you're going to keep asking people you disagree with to substantiate their statements, it's only fair that you do the same.

Not me, read my early morning post. My questioning has to do with Matts.

What proof does Avatar4321 have that supports the implication that there are more differences between men and women than that what is provided by anatomy?

Okay. It is my opinion, based on my thought process and review of articles, that aside from biological / anatomical differences, women and men are the same. I think that most of the non-anatomical differences are simply the results of social conditioning.

Anyway, here is an article of interest:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/2005/1462074.htm

"It's amazing how people's perceptions of themselves and their own behaviour is in fact a reflection of assumptions and constructs in society."

What proof does Avatar4321 have that supports the implication that there are more differences between men and women than that what is provided by anatomy?

Okay. It is my opinion, based on my thought process and review of articles, that aside from biological / anatomical differences, women and men are the same. I think that most of the non-anatomical differences are simply the results of social conditioning.

Anyway, here is an article of interest:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/2005/1462074.htm

"It's amazing how people's perceptions of themselves and their own behaviour is in fact a reflection of assumptions and constructs in society."

Interesting though that may be, it's one person's analysis of data she had studied for over 20 years. Said analysis that runs counter to most, so either hers will be replicated or not. See: http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=46327

Oh... I dunno... I've done the football thing with my little guy and his dojo master is a woman who is not to be f'd with.... and she IS the one who taught him how to bust it up.

So there ya go.

OK- your two examples have conviced me taht you liberals are right. 5000 years of tradition must be wrong. :rolleyes:

Some traditions are bullshit.

Based on what? Because you say so? You ever stop to think that maybe a tradition was set up for a good reason. I am amazed at how some people thing their ancestors were a bunch of morons who made up rules and regulations and traditions for society just for the heck of it.

Why is it peopel dont bother to ask why the tradition exists to begin with? What problem were they trying to solve. And I can guarentee you, marriage traditions did not exclude homosexual relationships because they were homophobic.

Forum List

Back