Vacuum Cleaners

if you have a basement a central vac system is not that hard to install.

My home is almost 140 years old, everything that gets installed here is a big deal :(

Have you got brick walls inside?

Yes, there use to be 2 chimneys. And the beams are gigantic throughout the house. The central vac system is not an option for me. If I leave this house, I do not want to leave my vacuum cleaner :D

i havent had any trouble with the oreck and the carpet....of course....the key to happiness is low expectations.....and i am very happy lol.....man with all these animals....a clean carpet is simply a state of mind....if you dont mind we will call it clean....

iRobot: Shop the iRobot Store to buy a home robot that tackles dirty jobs so you don't have to. Find out why iRobot cleaning robots are the smarter way to get it done.
I use these when they crap out I just get another one.
I have one large rug that gets the kirby treatment, the rest of the house is terrazzo and cat hair, so the dirt dog works fine.
I just sweeps the hard floor no need to vacuum.

I had a kirby, I gave that monster away. I used it for 1 year.

All I wanted to do was vacuum, *crikey*

My idea of cleaning my house has nothing to do with assembling, and cleaning the roller brush every 5 minutes. Plus I needed to wear steel toed boots to protect my toes :D

Roomba work , they require some maintenance as well its nice to leave the house and have the floors kleaneed while your gone.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yczxUJLPhkg]YouTube - Kirby Can Lift a VW[/ame]

When you have a lot of pet hair around your house, you have to do some preventive maintenance to keep standard vacuum cleaners working right. In a standard upright, beneath the bag should be a small filter which leads to the vacuum motor- that filter has to be kept clean or the suction will drop and hair will stay on the carpet.
The rolling beater also should be routinely checked for hair around the axles, as it also aids in picking hair out of carpet fiber.
Using those two tips should extend the useful life of any upright you purchase.

I worked for Tri Star, which sell for around 2,000 but they are awesome vacuum cleaners.
I think the best thing to put in a new house is a central vac, they work the best and they are easy to use.

My in-laws HATE their central vac. Just sayin. I would go with a Dyson Animal myself.

It is cool looking, but beauty doesn't clean. I do not want a wind tunnel type of vacuum, I want bags or water. I despise the bagless uprights

I worked for Tri Star, which sell for around 2,000 but they are awesome vacuum cleaners.
I think the best thing to put in a new house is a central vac, they work the best and they are easy to use.

My in-laws HATE their central vac. Just sayin. I would go with a Dyson Animal myself.

It is cool looking, but beauty doesn't clean. I do not want a wind tunnel type of vacuum, I want bags or water. I despise the bagless uprights

I know ppl who swear by the Rainbow type with water... 'spensive, but really does the job and does it well...

Little secret. $60 rigid shop vac. Throw a little water in the tank below the filter line and you'll suck up earth worms under the house.

Little secret. $60 rigid shop vac. Throw a little water in the tank below the filter line and you'll suck up earth worms under the house.

Ya know, I was thinking about that yesterday, who says that a shop vac is only for the shop? They are cheap, lightweight and the maintenance is a breeze.

The only problem is will it suck up the carpet fibers? :confused:

Central vacs are inefficient and costly to maintain. Good idea that should have stayed on paper......now.....my automatic snow removal system for driveways is another story.....

Ya know, I was thinking about that yesterday, who says that a shop vac is only for the shop? They are cheap, lightweight and the maintenance is a breeze.

The only problem is will it suck up the carpet fibers? :confused:

It can depending on the type of carpet so if you need a buffer then get a $10 brush attachment...it will help pull up the pet hair without pulling up the carpet. They are also great for spills.....soak the area with soapy water, take the filter out of the vac (a 30 second task) and vacuum everything up. The best part is it removes the spilled liquid (like wine) instead of simply neutralizing it with a cleaner. Those vacs have any type of attachment you would need for tight corners and such. They now have a 3.5 hp model so you wouldn't need the standard larger 5.0 hp model.

Forum List

Back