Va Primary: Gingrich, Perry fail to get on ballot.

Romney is the only one capable of beating Barach Obama and for that reason and that alone he has my support,

That is a myth. You dont know that, no one can know that. And it doesnt justify bumping five of seven candidates from the ballot.

...BTW, he is a fiscal conservative, you might try reading his record and his book, I have done both and am very, very comfortable with Romney as President of the U.S.

I dont doubt that Romnuts is an economic conservative, but I want a full fledged conservative, one who is conservative on social and security issues as well.

I had considered Romuts my fourth choice for President behind PAul, Perry and Gingrich untill this Virginia fiasco took place. This proves that Romnnuts is bought and paid for by the GOP establishment and who knows what deals he has struck with those evil bastards.

That makes me completely disgusted with the way he is running for the party nomination. After this weekend I will vote for the goddamned anti-Christ before I vote for Romnuts.

No one that has any respect for the voters right to choose can rest easy with what happened with the Virginia primary. Some group who has nothing but complete contempt for democracy is behind him now and that is far worse than anything Obama might ever do.

If the spin is that the GOP is fixing their own intra-party elections, how can they be trusted to be fair players when they are running against the people they really hate?

They cant be trusted, and that is the point.

If they will use rule technicalities to disqualify five of seven candidates, then what respect can they possibly have for the voters of this nation?

Answer: none at all.

Personally, I would rather have four more years of Obama than a bunch of closet fascists behind Romnuts in the White House.

Looks like Romney will win Virginia's Primary, so he can focus on other Super Tuesday states. It is beginning to look like Romney will be the main man for Republicans because of his steady base of support.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has failed to qualify for Virginia's March 6 Republican primary, a development that adds to the challenges faced by the recent frontrunner in the GOP presidential race.
"After verification, RPV has determined that Newt Gingrich did not submit required 10k signatures and has not qualified for the VA primary," the Republican Party of Virginia announced early Saturday on its Twitter website.
Perry also fell short of the 10,000 signatures of registered voters required for a candidate's name to be on the primary ballot, but former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Rep. Ron Paul will be on the ballot.
My Way News - GOP: Gingrich, Perry will not be on Va. Ballot

We're down to a Virginia ballot that will consist of Romney and possibly Ron Paul if he doesn't get disqualified too. All other GOP candidates failed to meet Virginia's requirements.

Republican presidential candidates Michele Bachmann, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum failed to qualify for the Virginia ballot, according to state GOP officials.

Four candidates — former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) — turned in thousands of signatures by the deadline.

Candidates had until 5 p.m. to collect 10,000 signatures from across the state, including 400 from each congressional district.

Virginia, an increasingly important swing state, will hold its primary on Super Tuesday, March

The signatures still must be certified by Republican Party of Virginia. Garren Shipley, a party spokesman, said he expects that to be completed by Friday.

Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum not on Va. primary ballot | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Something that makes you want to go HMMM--doesn't it?

I said this months ago -- back when Perry...then Cain were rising stars:

The GOP will leave the dance with Mitt Romney and have make-up-sex in the backseat of his dad's Chevrolet.

I'm thinking, again, I'll be right.

:lol:

Because your a gutless twat.

Voters will never accept a candidate that is placed at the top of the ticket by the GOP elites using every dirty trick to run off and disqualify all of his opponents.

Better Obama than fascists running Romnuts from behind the scenes.

Last edited:
You are so full of shit.

..." technicalities to disqualify five of seven candidates"...
Bachmann, Santorum and Huntsman didn't even try to get on the ballot.

Show us, brainfart, where they even HANDED IN any signatures. G'head.

Then try and rearrange your spin so you're not looking like any more of a pinhead pretzel than you already are.

I said this months ago -- back when Perry...then Cain were rising stars:

The GOP will leave the dance with Mitt Romney and have make-up-sex in the backseat of his dad's Chevrolet.

I'm thinking, again, I'll be right.

:lol:

Because your a gutless twat.

Voters will never accept a candidate that is at the top of the ticket by the GOP elites using every dirty trick to run off and disqualify all of his opponents.

Better Obama than fascists running Romnuts from behind the scenes.

It's one thing for a single candidate to blow it in obtaining signatures in a state--BUT when ALL OF THEM do--and Virginia is left with one or possibly two candidates--out of 8 GOP candidates----something stinks to high heaven.

Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum not on Va. primary ballot | Richmond Times-Dispatch

If the spin is that the GOP is fixing their own intra-party elections, how can they be trusted to be fair players when they are running against the people they really hate?

If they will use rule technicalities to disqualify five of seven candidates, then what respect can they possibly have for the voters of this nation?

Personally, I would rather have four more years of Obama than a bunch of closet fascists behind Romnuts in the White House.

In this we agree.

The number one reason why I am voting for Obama is to avoid giving them a controlled government. They scare the shit out of me.

It was the busiest time of the year for shoppers.

People were out and about ~~~everywhere~~~.

The state of Virgina has on order of about 4 million registered voters

Newt knew MONTHS in advance of the requirements.

And STILL, he could not collect a measy 15,000 signatures. What the hell does that tell you?

In this we agree.

The number one reason why I am voting for Obama is to avoid giving them a controlled government. They scare the shit out of me.

You all need to work with your GOP in your own states. First of all these candidates knew full well the election laws of Virginia, they were warned by the GOP in Virginia on the 15th of November to get busy or else. They did not comply.

The GOP is not and can not be responsible for collecting signatures for individual candidates, that is the entire responsibility of the Candidate's committee, the managers of the candidate and all of their volunteers. It is absolutely against the laws of any GOP at the state level to get involved with the individual candidates during the primary season, they can not show favor of any kind. It is the responsibility of the candidate to get on the ballot and to know the different state laws in order to do that and respond with an organization in place to make sure the candidate complies with that state's election laws through their state managers and all the volunteers under that state manager.

You all need to quit whining, they knew the laws and were fully aware of them,Virginia has had these election laws in place for many elections, this was no surprise to them. They failed to act and have an organization in place to respond to the requirements of Virginia election law. They torpeoded their own boats.

And STILL, he could not collect a measy 15,000 signatures. What the hell does that tell you?

1. He’s not serious about being president.
2. He lacks the resources to run a Nation-wide campaign.
3. If somehow nominated, he’d stand no chance against Obama.

In this we agree.

You all need to work with your GOP in your own states. First of all these candidates knew full well the election laws of Virginia, they were warned by the GOP in Virginia on the 15th of November to get busy or else. They did not comply.

The GOP is not and can not be responsible for collecting signatures for individual candidates, that is the entire responsibility of the Candidate's committee, the managers of the candidate and all of their volunteers. It is absolutely against the laws of any GOP at the state level to get involved with the individual candidates during the primary season, they can not show favor of any kind. It is the responsibility of the candidate to get on the ballot and to know the different state laws in order to do that and respond with an organization in place to make sure the candidate complies with that state's election laws through their state managers and all the volunteers under that state manager.

You all need to quit whining, they knew the laws and were fully aware of them,Virginia has had these election laws in place for many elections, this was no surprise to them. They failed to act and have an organization in place to respond to the requirements of Virginia election law. They torpeoded their own boats.

I'm not whining. I'm laughing my ass off at right wing stupidity.

Not only did he know months in advance he and the other candidates were warned about this on November 15th by the Virginia GOP to get busy or else don't be included on the ballot. What's really embarrassing for Newt is that he has lived in Virginia for the last 12 years and was the heavy favorite in that State, talk about giving it away. :cuckoo:

Swampland | Political insight from the Beltway and beyond | TIME.com

Many of us Newt all along: It was just a grand book sales tour.

Last edited:

Many of Newt all along: It was just a grand book sales tour.

He is not a serious contender, not if you can't make it on the ballot in the state you reside in, where you are heavily favored. Really embarrassing, he did not have his volunteers out there collecting those signatures, that's what this boils down to, they did not do their job. Some of the lunies on the board are trying to make this out to be some conspiracy, ridiculous.

How in the hell did Gingrich allow this to happen? I highly doubt he couldn't find 10K signatures in the state of VA.

What a blunder.

Perry on the other hand, probably couldn't find 10K signatures in VA.

The both had more than 10k, but Bolling and his cronies in the VA GOP machine simply tossed out enough to keep them off the ballot.

Keyes got enough in 2008 and wasnt considered a major candidate, so the GOP changed the rules this year so they could legally throw out as many signatures as they want.

But whatever happened to your respect for the voters? You really think that these ridiculous rules were meant to enable the choices for Virginian voters?

Of course not, it wasmeant to hand the state over to Romney, but he might get a huge surprise in March.

OK, Braniac: how many signatures did Keyes collect in 2008?

How in the hell did Gingrich allow this to happen? I highly doubt he couldn't find 10K signatures in the state of VA.

What a blunder.

Perry on the other hand, probably couldn't find 10K signatures in VA.

The both had more than 10k, but Bolling and his cronies in the VA GOP machine simply tossed out enough to keep them off the ballot.

Keyes got enough in 2008 and wasnt considered a major candidate, so the GOP changed the rules this year so they could legally throw out as many signatures as they want.

But whatever happened to your respect for the voters? You really think that these ridiculous rules were meant to enable the choices for Virginian voters?

Of course not, it wasmeant to hand the state over to Romney, but he might get a huge surprise in March.

Good point. I think that Romney is going to find a lot of the rank and file are sick of tricks like this...

Forum List

Back