Va Primary: Gingrich, Perry fail to get on ballot.

your support for continued corruption is noted.

Dude, supporting the GOP as it bends and breaks anyrules and laws it wants to to get their annointed one on the ballot and keep all but one rival off, that is not corruption?

Yes, the whole process runs on corruption in one form or another, and most of it is far more subtle.

All you can really do these days is draw the line at how blatant the corruption can be that you are willing to ignore.

This VA ballot crosses the line as it isnt just corrupt but takes valid choices from the GOP voters and is blatantly anti-democratic.

For Christ's sake why not just have these assholes just annoint their pick 12 months before the general election and let everyone stuff it if they dont like it? Oh, because then they would have no chance inthe general election as real Americans prefer a democratic process, not this corrupt bullshit the GOP is pushing on everyone now.

Lets clarify...................

You are getting all pissy because a State Gop changed the rules that is allowed by law, so because you are butt hurt you stated you are willing to vote for criminals.

What type of idiot does that?
Actually, those GOP primary rules have been in place for a long time. Jimmy is making things up from red blogs he finds that reconfirm what he wants to hear.

And for the posters who like reading actual journalistic sources:

"Perry’s campaign told state election officials it had submitted 11,911 signatures, and Gingrich’s campaign said it submitted 11,050 signatures. State party officials spent Friday night validating the signatures."

Gingrich, Perry disqualified from Va. primary ballot - Virginia Politics - The Washington Post

lol, CNN isnt a news source when it contradicts you?

lololol
CNN was saying what Gingrich said:

"On Wednesday, Gingrich assured a crowd of supporters he had met the threshold for appearing on the ballot, saying he had gathered anywhere from 12,000 to 14,000 signatures."

There you go again with the stupid, listening to Gingrich.

Yeah, like listening to a lapdog like Romney is any better.

This isn't something up for debate, fuckwit. The number of signatures delivered is a fixed & known number. It was 11,050.

I am not disputing that that is Bollings machines count. I am disputing that Bolling, the chairman of the Romeny campaign in VA and his cronies are honestly validating signatures and one look at the rules they are using this years makes that plain enough even for morons like you.

Gingrich failed. Man enough up and accept it.

You wouldnt know jackshit about what being a man means, twat-face.

Jimmy is making things up from red blogs he finds that reconfirm what he wants to hear.

Lol, looka t how stupid you are.

You just said that I am making things up FROM OTHER BLOGS.

Lol, you cant even makeup a good lie.

Please go sober up and then come back to play.

At some point, a person realizes they are dealing with someone who obviously has some sort of brain injury and accepts the futility of trying to reason with them.

It just dawned on me that's who I'm dealing with. Good luck in your treatments, JimBoy.

You are getting all pissy because a State Gop changed the rules that is allowed by law, so because you are butt hurt you stated you are willing to vote for criminals.

Wow, I am surprized to see you have basically pawned your brain for party loyalty.

The GOP establishment is proving themselves to be not only corrupt but anti-democratic by not letting the members of their own party vote for all of the top four candidates.

That should piss you off, but it doesnt because apparently to you it doesnt matter what slimey things the GOP leash-holders are doing.

All you care about is voting GOP.

You are selling your party off to thieves. And you dont care as long as you think your party has a better chance of winning against Obama.

Jesus Christ, things are worse than I thought.

At some point, a person realizes they are dealing with someone who obviously has some sort of brain injury and accepts the futility of trying to reason with them.

It just dawned on me that's who I'm dealing with. Good luck in your treatments, JimBoy.

Dont go away mad because the facts make you out to be a moron.

Just go away.

tumblr_lutfikBWB81r6akeno1_1280.jpg

"Someday, in the future, I will create fawning easily-led republican soldiers who will believe all I say and on connected computers I will teach them to give me rhetorical blowjobs."

Virginia requires candidates to obtain 10,000 signatures from registered voters, with at least 400 signatures coming from each of the commonwealth's 11 congressional districts. Prior to this year, these numbers were not hard to hit.

Hell, even Keyes got on the ballot back in 2008.

The difference is that the Virginia GOP changed the process this year:
Virginia’s GOP Primary Ballot: Romney, Paul… And That’s It. - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

Those signature requirements, by the way, were 10,000 signatures including 500 in each of the state’s congressional districts. What apparently tripped up Gingrich and Perry was the requirement that petition signers list their addresses.

A Gingrich campaign official prior to the move by the RPV said the problem is how the rules are set up, arguing that the party is, for apparently the first time, cross-checking the addresses that signature-givers gave against the electronic voter database file for accuracies. A name without a proper address match was tossed, the official said.

“What one needs to ask is ‘what percentage of valid, registered voters self-identify a current address that matches voter rolls that the voter might not have updated since 2008”?
Are you 100% certain that your address you and all of your neighbors matches current voter rolls? It strikes me that this is not an accurate means to identify registered voters signing for ANY candidate, not just Gingrich,” the official wrote.

But guess what? If you turned in a magic number of signatures, the state would not even validate ANY of the signatures you turned in:

VA Ballot Access – No Way to Choose a President | RedState

The Washington Examiner ran a gleeful hit piece Friday night quoting an anonymous “source with knowledge of the Republican Party of Virginia (RPV) petition signature verification process” who said Perry was “dead on arrival” and didn’t follow the “simple” rules required in VA...

The article also notes that the rules were sent to “all the Republican presidential campaigns” in March, but later admits that Perry’s campaign may not have received the detailed instructions because he didn’t enter the race until August.

The Richmond Times-Dispatch informs us that the Romney campaign had their petitions personally delivered by none other than Lt. Governor Bill Bolling, Romney’s VA campaign chairman. ...

The blog goes on to describe the process of gaining ballot access, which is likely the most burdensome in the country:

“A minimum of 10,000 petition signatures collected statewide, including at least 400 from each of its 11 congressional districts. That’s hard enough. But then there are the additional restrictions: The petition circulators must be registered or eligible to vote in Virginia. The signatures must be gathered using the State Board of Elections’ official form, a two-page document which must be reproduced as double-sided. (Single-sided stapled forms are not accepted.) Signatures must be collected on forms that are specific to each city, county and congressional district. Only “qualified” voters may sign a petition. And every single petition form must be sworn and notarized

The blogger claims to know top political consultants who turned town lucrative offers working on presidential campaigns because they thought the task could not be accomplished.

To make matters worse, the Republican Party of Virginia appears to have rigged the system in favor of candidates who were able to gather a comfortable excess of names on petitions. Chairman of the Republican Party of Virginia, Pat Mullins, issued the following (undated) directive:

“Any candidate who submits at least 15,000 signatures of registered voters on valid petitions
statewide and has at least 600 signatures of registered voters
on valid petitions from each of the 11 Congressional Districts shall be deemed to have met the threshold for qualification and will be certified
(provided, of course, that other requirements of State law have also been met)”

“If any candidate submits fewer than 15,000 signatures of registered voters on valid petitions statewide or fewer than 600 signatures of registered voters on valid petitions in one or more of the 11 Congressional Districts, the Republican Party of Virginia will individually verify signatures until the 10,000 signature statewide threshold and/or 400 per Congressional district is met.”

In other words, if a candidate can gather 50% more signatures than actually required, the standard for those signatures is lower than for the signatures of candidates who gather 14,999 signatures or less. It appears that the Romney campaign, which boasted of gathering “some 16,000″ signatures was able to escape the scrutiny of having every signature individually verified.

The chairman for the Romney campaign is also the Lt Govenor of Virginia!

Virginia and Washington, DC endorsements of Mitt Romney

Bolling ties 2013 hopes to Romney - Washington Times

Yeah, no conflict of interest there! Perry was not notified of the state requirements, too damn bad for him! Since he cant read Bollings mind thousands of miles away, he is obviously not qualified to run! And Gingriches signatures were not valid, obviously since he didnt stuff enough of them to get over a 15,000 count! Yerp, the more you cheat the less scrutiny you get in Virginia.

The GOP establishment has totally destroyed one Tea PArty candidate after another: Palin, Bachman, Perry, Cain, Gingrich is sinking and the guns starting on Ron Paul now, whom the establishment apparently thinks is too extreme to really challenge Romney.

They have a surprise coming. They are alienatingmore voters than votes they can steal, and even if Romney wins the nomination, he will definately to lose to Obama because the GOP base, the social conservatives, are sick of the dirty tricks, the slander, and the cronyism of the GOP establishment. After Obama wins re-election the social conservative and Tea PArty groups will get more funding than the GOP establishment ever dreamed of. They may try to go back and fight the rigged game the GOP has now, but my bet is that they will split off and form a new party.

It worked in Canada and there is no reason to believe it canot work in the USA.

Wow, I am surprized to see you have basically pawned your brain for party loyalty.

The GOP establishment is proving themselves to be not only corrupt but anti-democratic by not letting the members of their own party vote for all of the top four candidates.

That should piss you off, but it doesnt because apparently to you it doesnt matter what slimey things the GOP leash-holders are doing.

All you care about is voting GOP.

You are selling your party off to thieves. And you dont care as long as you think your party has a better chance of winning against Obama.

Jesus Christ, things are worse than I thought.

Your comment is in part why I am messing with you. I havent voted for the GOP since 2004, Not a single one.

But the issue here is you providing a willingness to vote for criminals.

Address that and we move on.

"Someday, in the future, I will create fawning easily-led republican soldiers who will believe all I say and on connected computers I will teach them to give me rhetorical blowjobs."

Lol, you get more stupid by the nanosecond.

No one fawns over Gingrich, in fact I can think of four other candidates I prefer off hand.

I dont like rigged elections and that is what the VA GOP is giving us.

But your OK with that because you are a moron.

Your comment is in part why I am messing with you. I havent voted for the GOP since 2004, Not a single one.

But the issue here is you providing a willingness to vote for criminals.

Address that and we move on.

You seem to think that only some of the candidates are bankrolled by criminals.

Which of them are not?

These days our choices are for the lesser of two criminals and so far the Dems have not blatantly rigged a primary like this anywhere I have seen. Hell even the Chicago Daley machine doesnt kick almost all of the candidates off the ballot.

Todays GOP establishment is no more criminal than the Dems, but this primary ballot for VA shows that they *are* more willing to openly censor the democratic process itself.

That is more dangerous for our Republic than the run-of -the-mill Tammany Hall typoe criminal machine.

This tells you how smart the 'smartest man in the room' is.

After belting loose on the "Failed System" in his own state after HIS incompetency, he said this:

"Voters deserve the right to vote for any top contender, especially leading candidates," Gingrich campaign director Michael Krull said in a statement. "We will work with the Republican Party of Virginia to pursue an aggressive write-in campaign to make sure that all the voters of Virginia are able to vote for the candidate of their choice."

Cept Newt DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE IS NO WRITE OPTION!
In his own state.

"However, state law says this about primary write-in campaigns: "No write-in shall be permitted on ballots in primary elections."

"Virginia code prohibits write-ins in primaries. He can't do it," said Carl Tobias, a law professor at University of Richmond."

Gingrich Campaign Slams Virginia Primary System After Failing To Qualify For Ballot | Fox News

Thank you & Merry Christmas, Newton, Fig.

Virginia requires candidates to obtain 10,000 signatures from registered voters, with at least 400 signatures coming from each of the commonwealth's 11 congressional districts. Prior to this year, these numbers were not hard to hit.

Hell, even Keyes got on the ballot back in 2008.

The difference is that the Virginia GOP changed the process this year:
Virginia’s GOP Primary Ballot: Romney, Paul… And That’s It. - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

Those signature requirements, by the way, were 10,000 signatures including 500 in each of the state’s congressional districts. What apparently tripped up Gingrich and Perry was the requirement that petition signers list their addresses.

A Gingrich campaign official prior to the move by the RPV said the problem is how the rules are set up, arguing that the party is, for apparently the first time, cross-checking the addresses that signature-givers gave against the electronic voter database file for accuracies. A name without a proper address match was tossed, the official said.

“What one needs to ask is ‘what percentage of valid, registered voters self-identify a current address that matches voter rolls that the voter might not have updated since 2008”?
Are you 100% certain that your address you and all of your neighbors matches current voter rolls? It strikes me that this is not an accurate means to identify registered voters signing for ANY candidate, not just Gingrich,” the official wrote.

But guess what? If you turned in a magic number of signatures, the state would not even validate ANY of the signatures you turned in:

VA Ballot Access – No Way to Choose a President | RedState

The Washington Examiner ran a gleeful hit piece Friday night quoting an anonymous “source with knowledge of the Republican Party of Virginia (RPV) petition signature verification process” who said Perry was “dead on arrival” and didn’t follow the “simple” rules required in VA...

The article also notes that the rules were sent to “all the Republican presidential campaigns” in March, but later admits that Perry’s campaign may not have received the detailed instructions because he didn’t enter the race until August.

The Richmond Times-Dispatch informs us that the Romney campaign had their petitions personally delivered by none other than Lt. Governor Bill Bolling, Romney’s VA campaign chairman. ...

The blog goes on to describe the process of gaining ballot access, which is likely the most burdensome in the country:

“A minimum of 10,000 petition signatures collected statewide, including at least 400 from each of its 11 congressional districts. That’s hard enough. But then there are the additional restrictions: The petition circulators must be registered or eligible to vote in Virginia. The signatures must be gathered using the State Board of Elections’ official form, a two-page document which must be reproduced as double-sided. (Single-sided stapled forms are not accepted.) Signatures must be collected on forms that are specific to each city, county and congressional district. Only “qualified” voters may sign a petition. And every single petition form must be sworn and notarized.”

The blogger claims to know top political consultants who turned town lucrative offers working on presidential campaigns because they thought the task could not be accomplished.

To make matters worse, the Republican Party of Virginia appears to have rigged the system in favor of candidates who were able to gather a comfortable excess of names on petitions. Chairman of the Republican Party of Virginia, Pat Mullins, issued the following (undated) directive:

“Any candidate who submits at least 15,000 signatures of registered voters on valid petitions
statewide and has at least 600 signatures of registered voters
on valid petitions from each of the 11 Congressional Districts shall be deemed to have met the threshold for qualification and will be certified
(provided, of course, that other requirements of State law have also been met)”

“If any candidate submits fewer than 15,000 signatures of registered voters on valid petitions statewide or fewer than 600 signatures of registered voters on valid petitions in one or more of the 11 Congressional Districts, the Republican Party of Virginia will individually verify signatures until the 10,000 signature statewide threshold and/or 400 per Congressional district is met.”

In other words, if a candidate can gather 50% more signatures than actually required, the standard for those signatures is lower than for the signatures of candidates who gather 14,999 signatures or less. It appears that the Romney campaign, which boasted of gathering “some 16,000″ signatures was able to escape the scrutiny of having every signature individually verified.

The chairman for the Romney campaign is also the Lt Govenor of Virginia!

Virginia and Washington, DC endorsements of Mitt Romney

Bolling ties 2013 hopes to Romney - Washington Times

Yeah, no conflict of interest there! Perry was not notified of the state requirements, too damn bad for him! Since he cant read Bollings mind thousands of miles away, he is obviously not qualified to run! And Gingriches signatures were not valid, obviously since he didnt stuff enough of them to get over a 15,000 count! Yerp, the more you cheat the less scrutiny you get in Virginia.

The GOP establishment has totally destroyed one Tea PArty candidate after another: Palin, Bachman, Perry, Cain, Gingrich is sinking and the guns starting on Ron Paul now, whom the establishment apparently thinks is too extreme to really challenge Romney.

They have a surprise coming. They are alienatingmore voters than votes they can steal, and even if Romney wins the nomination, he will definately to lose to Obama because the GOP base, the social conservatives, are sick of the dirty tricks, the slander, and the cronyism of the GOP establishment. After Obama wins re-election the social conservative and Tea PArty groups will get more funding than the GOP establishment ever dreamed of. They may try to go back and fight the rigged game the GOP has now, but my bet is that they will split off and form a new party.

It worked in Canada and there is no reason to believe it cannot work in the USA.

This tells you how smart the 'smartest man in the room' is.

After belting loose on the "Failed System" in his own state after HIS incompetency, he said this:

"Voters deserve the right to vote for any top contender, especially leading candidates," Gingrich campaign director Michael Krull said in a statement. "We will work with the Republican Party of Virginia to pursue an aggressive write-in campaign to make sure that all the voters of Virginia are able to vote for the candidate of their choice."

Cept Newt DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE IS NO WRITE OPTION!
In his own state.

"However, state law says this about primary write-in campaigns: "No write-in shall be permitted on ballots in primary elections."

"Virginia code prohibits write-ins in primaries. He can't do it," said Carl Tobias, a law professor at University of Richmond."

Gingrich Campaign Slams Virginia Primary System After Failing To Qualify For Ballot | Fox News

Thank you & Merry Christmas, Newton, Fig.

Oh, bullshit, you think ROMNEY knows all the laws for qualifying for every state in the US?

Of course not. That is why he hires pros to run this kind of thing for him.

Newts rise in the last month or so has made a time crunch for him as his campaign expands and he makes his best effort with the people he has lately been able to hire.

All of which, once again, proves that you are a lying twat.

Forum List

Back