Va Primary: Gingrich, Perry fail to get on ballot.

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
Looks like Romney will win Virginia's Primary, so he can focus on other Super Tuesday states. It is beginning to look like Romney will be the main man for Republicans because of his steady base of support.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has failed to qualify for Virginia's March 6 Republican primary, a development that adds to the challenges faced by the recent frontrunner in the GOP presidential race.
"After verification, RPV has determined that Newt Gingrich did not submit required 10k signatures and has not qualified for the VA primary," the Republican Party of Virginia announced early Saturday on its Twitter website.
Perry also fell short of the 10,000 signatures of registered voters required for a candidate's name to be on the primary ballot, but former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Rep. Ron Paul will be on the ballot.
My Way News - GOP: Gingrich, Perry will not be on Va. Ballot

I do hope Gingrich makes it for the book signings. I believe that's the second serious Presidential candidate to ever do that..run a book tour and campaign. Cain was probably the first.

Man..Republicans are ambidextrous!

Romney's religion is his worst enemy. Mormons aren't Christians according to the religious right. Of course, he's the only candidate that has any chance.

It ain't Romney's religion that's going to sink him. He's already populating he's "cabinent" with ex-Bush PNAC'ers and talking about attacking Iran.

That..and just about every day he says something that is just golden for Democratic ads.

Romney's religion is his worst enemy. Mormons aren't Christians according to the religious right. Of course, he's the only candidate that has any chance.

It ain't Romney's religion that's going to sink him. He's already populating he's "cabinent" with ex-Bush PNAC'ers and talking about attacking Iran.

That..and just about every day he says something that is just golden for Democratic ads.
Given your prerogatives, then if by some miracle, Mr. Sallow, a Republican should win, who that is left would you like to see in the White HOuse? It sounds like you don't care for any war talk, regardless of the circumstances. Early this morning, I saw on television that a firm link between AlQaeda and Iran was established and announced by the Obama administration. It sounded like war talk coming from the left aisle. What's the deal?

Looks like Romney will win Virginia's Primary, so he can focus on other Super Tuesday states. It is beginning to look like Romney will be the main man for Republicans because of his steady base of support.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has failed to qualify for Virginia's March 6 Republican primary, a development that adds to the challenges faced by the recent frontrunner in the GOP presidential race.
"After verification, RPV has determined that Newt Gingrich did not submit required 10k signatures and has not qualified for the VA primary," the Republican Party of Virginia announced early Saturday on its Twitter website.
Perry also fell short of the 10,000 signatures of registered voters required for a candidate's name to be on the primary ballot, but former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Rep. Ron Paul will be on the ballot.

Just another example of the Republican Establishment trying to rig the game for Romney.

I really have to ask the question, if Romney is the strongest candidate the GOP has, then why do the party operatives have to pull out every stop to help him? And if he can't really stand toe to toe with Gingrich and Perry, both of whom have their flaws and shortcomings, what chance is he going to have against Obama, who is very charismatic, is going to have a billion dollar warchest and doesn't belong to a batshit crazy religion anymore?

Well, not to worry about politics today, Mr. Sallow ...
Merry Christmas everyone
gingerbread-man.jpg

credits and recipe
I nominate The Gingerbread Man for President, this Christmas Eve's Day. :)

Last edited:

Well, a couple things on that. First, you are assuming that hostility towards Mormonism is the exclusive domain of the "Religious Right". It isn't. Gallup took a poll that says that 22% of the population won't vote for a Mormon. Which, by the way, should be a good enough reason for EVERY Republican to do a double take about this guy.

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

BUt if you go into the numbers, 18% of Republicans won't support a Mormon, but a whopping 27% of Democrats won't, either. The number for indepedents is 19%.

Religiously, 23% of protestants wont, with 16% of Catholics and 22% of "non-Christians".

And here's the thing. It really is a liability. Mormons believe in some truly weird stuff, and they have a really bizarre history. Things the MSM will be happy to inform us of- AFTER Romney secures the nomination.

Secondly, beyond his religion, Romney has a lot of other problems. He made his money screwing working folks, a fact Obama will not neglect to remind people of. He's stiff and robotic and generally not likable. He occassionally says insentive things like "Corporations are people, too" and "I'll bet you $10,000." and my personal favorite, 'My sons working on my campaign is serving their country".

Now if you want to argue that he's stronger than the other six dwarves, you can argue that. I think Perry would be a stronger candidate if he can rise above the media character assassination of him. I think Gingrich would be a stronger candidate because he's smart and articulate. I think both men have been sandbagged by a GOP establishment that drank the koolaid on Romney.

I do hope Gingrich makes it for the book signings. I believe that's the second serious Presidential candidate to ever do that..run a book tour and campaign. Cain was probably the first.

Man..Republicans are ambidextrous!

Cain is doing the same thing.

Just another example of the Republican Establishment trying to rig the game for Romney.

I really have to ask the question, if Romney is the strongest candidate the GOP has, then why do the party operatives have to pull out every stop to help him? And if he can't really stand toe to toe with Gingrich and Perry, both of whom have their flaws and shortcomings, what chance is he going to have against Obama, who is very charismatic, is going to have a billion dollar warchest and doesn't belong to a batshit crazy religion anymore?

A very perceptive and prescient post.

Romney is the weakest GOP candidate the establishment has picked ever. This derives from their absolute fear of the social conservatives, aka 'religious right', taking over the GOP, so the establishment stiff arms the Sco-cons.

Soon the Soc-cons will take their toys and go play elsewhere and hand the national politics to the Democrats for the next twenty years, afterwhich the soc-cons will dominate the political scene for decades.

All because the GOP establishment has devolved into a bunch of reactionary, dim-witted Christ haters and cant allow the Soc-cons power for even a single term in the Oval Office. They threw a fit over Reagan and spent the four years of GHW Bushes term purging Soc-cons from the GOP national leadership.

Politics in this country has become so Byzantine the leadership groups cannot accomplish the simplest of goals that require even the slightest sacrifice of their own interest for the common good, even within political parties for their own long-term gain.

They deserve the obliteration that is coming to them.

Wait a minute. What does the "establishment GOP" have to do with the Little Dumber Boy and the Gingrich who Stole Christmas not getting the required number of signatures to be on the ballot?

Given your prerogatives, then if by some miracle, Mr. Sallow, a Republican should win, who that is left would you like to see in the White HOuse? It sounds like you don't care for any war talk, regardless of the circumstances. Early this morning, I saw on television that a firm link between AlQaeda and Iran was established and announced by the Obama administration. It sounded like war talk coming from the left aisle. What's the deal?

There is no "Aisle" anymore. Those in power want to stay in power and war is one of the tools they use to do that.

How about another democrat lie.

Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum fail to make Va. ballot - Virginia Politics - The Washington Post

Republican presidential candidates Michele Bachmann, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum failed to qualify for the Virginia ballot, according to state GOP officials.

Four candidates — former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) — turned in thousands of signatures by the deadline

To be a democrat IS to lie. They will lie about anything. The entire democratic party and all of the democrat voters have lying as the very basis of their party.

Four candidates — former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) — turned in thousands of signatures by the deadline

Yes, they did turn in thousands of signatures by the deadline. But the reason you would read news from today instead of stopping with that cliffhanger from yesterday is that it turns out they didn't have enough validated signatures:

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich and Texas Gov. Rick Perry failed to submit enough valid signatures to qualify for the Virginia primary ballot, state GOP officials said Friday evening and early Saturday.

The Republican Party of Virginia announced early Saturday that Gingrich and Perry failed to submit 10,000 signatures of registered voters required to get their names on the ballot for the March 6 primary.

“After verification, RPV has determined that Newt Gingrich did not submit required 10k signatures and has not qualified for the VA primary,” the party announced on Twitter.

The rejection is a significant setback for the Gingrich campaign since he is leading the polls in Virginia among likely Republican voters and is seen as a strong contender for the nomination.

Perry’s campaign told state election officials it had submitted 11,911 signatures, and Gingrich’s campaign said it submitted 11,050 signatures. State party officials spent Friday night validating the signatures.

Gingrich is the guy who overuses the word "fundamentally" in all of his appearances right?:bang3: :lol: :eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:

Yes, they did turn in thousands of signatures by the deadline. But the reason you would read news from today instead of stopping with that cliffhanger from yesterday is that it turns out they didn't have enough validated signatures:

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich and Texas Gov. Rick Perry failed to submit enough valid signatures to qualify for the Virginia primary ballot, state GOP officials said Friday evening and early Saturday.

The Republican Party of Virginia announced early Saturday that Gingrich and Perry failed to submit 10,000 signatures of registered voters required to get their names on the ballot for the March 6 primary.

“After verification, RPV has determined that Newt Gingrich did not submit required 10k signatures and has not qualified for the VA primary,” the party announced on Twitter.

The rejection is a significant setback for the Gingrich campaign since he is leading the polls in Virginia among likely Republican voters and is seen as a strong contender for the nomination.

Perry’s campaign told state election officials it had submitted 11,911 signatures, and Gingrich’s campaign said it submitted 11,050 signatures. State party officials spent Friday night validating the signatures.

This crap happens every election in our office. Some candidate gathers ONLY the required number of signatures (despite us telling them to gather MUCH MORE than the required amount) and doesn't turn them in until the last minute. If they don't end up with enough valid signatures, they are left with not enough time to get them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back