VA looking into marijuana for PTSD treatment of vets....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know, when CO legalized marijuana for recreational purposes, I started going there to visit the 420 shops and see what was going on. I also wear a US Navy (Retired) ballcap wherever I go, and other veterans come up and say hi when they see me.

Many of them told me that when they came back from the war, they had PTSD really bad, and were on a pill regimen of 10 to 15 pills/day, and were suffering ill health because of the side effects. When CO legalized marijuana, many of them turned to marijuana for treatment of their PTSD and many were able to wean themselves off of pills.

Tonight, on the nightly news, I saw a story that talked about the same thing. Seems that the VA is looking into a study to see if PTSD can successfully be treated with marijuana.

About time. It works, and I have many friends who have said as much.

Here is a link to what tonight's story said.

Pot helped treat PTSD, some veterans say

My sister is a doctor and she exposed me to a lot of people with mental illnessses that have suffered a great deal because pot exacerbated d their illnesses. But hey don’t believe me. Smoke away.

I would believe that cannabis helps with PTSD, I have even heard that MDMA in a therapeutic setting helps PTSD sufferers open up and get over their negative experiences.

It is by no means a cure all, and there are those that use PTSD or whatever as an excuse to get high. But it clearly helps a lot of people. I've heard the phrase "it is the only thing that turns off the switch".

PTSD is a scam. It's supposed to excuse every reprehensible act.
In my opinion, veteran's who were in WWll, Korean war, and Vietnam, have a valid case for some form of PTSD.

But I have trouble equating the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as anywhere near the horrific level of stress the soldiers of the earlier wars had to endure.

Yet it seems like every other soldier today is using PTSD as a way to get money and benefits from the government. ..... :cool:

My sister is a doctor and she exposed me to a lot of people with mental illnessses that have suffered a great deal because pot exacerbated d their illnesses. But hey don’t believe me. Smoke away.
The pills did nothing, the pot did..There's a real confession from a vet...

In my opinion, veteran's who were in WWll, Korean war, and Vietnam, have a valid case for some form of PTSD.

But I have trouble equating the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as anywhere near the horrific level of stress the soldiers of the earlier wars had to endure.

Yet it seems like every other soldier today is using PTSD as a way to get money and benefits from the government. ..... :cool:
They had to swab the deck with greater intensity than before...

The pills did nothing, the pot did..There's a real confession from a vet...
oh chit, i misread the thread, i thought it was referring to vetenarians

It's a puzzle.

Many of the homeless vets are homeless because of drug use and substance abuse problems. We are expected to believe that more drugs will help.

No.

You know, when CO legalized marijuana for recreational purposes, I started going there to visit the 420 shops and see what was going on. I also wear a US Navy (Retired) ballcap wherever I go, and other veterans come up and say hi when they see me.

Many of them told me that when they came back from the war, they had PTSD really bad, and were on a pill regimen of 10 to 15 pills/day, and were suffering ill health because of the side effects. When CO legalized marijuana, many of them turned to marijuana for treatment of their PTSD and many were able to wean themselves off of pills.

Tonight, on the nightly news, I saw a story that talked about the same thing. Seems that the VA is looking into a study to see if PTSD can successfully be treated with marijuana.

About time. It works, and I have many friends who have said as much.

Here is a link to what tonight's story said.

Pot helped treat PTSD, some veterans say
Can't you get a vaping device and the Maryjane syrup to put into it ?!

That's a lot safer than smoke.

I think heroin is a better option. Just re-up and specify Afghaniland.
Semper and Fi have plenty to help you out.It's what they do.

Better smokeless THC followed by gradual withdrawal, the question then being which was more therapeutic: the will or the drug (Deepak Chopra, Quantum Healing). The idea is to wean from the chronic effects of the obsessive-compulsive imaging drive.....catlover, few clues; sunni tries to force all genomes into a Masonic boy-scout template. OP does not mention the drug in the pills, the reader can't evaluate what "pill" actually does.

People using PTSD as an excuse to legally smoke weed is just a scam. .... :cool:
Do you think it is a scam in every case ??

My dad used to scream in the night while he slept. He was a WW2 tank commander vet.

I used to get up from my bed in my room and run in to wake him from his nightmares.
Did your Dad use PTSD as an excuse to beat the family? Kick the dog? Get drunk or drugged on a daily basis.

Millions of men returned from battles, went to work, raised their families, took care of business and never ran around bleating that PTSD is the go to excuse for putting their kid's bodies in the garage freezer.

Catlover did not walk the PTSD path, and is not clued up. The victim does not have a choice when invoking the memories. The memories attack the victim.

Forum List

Back