VA looking into marijuana for PTSD treatment of vets....

Thank You, OP. Moon comes close to the point, which is taking the THC out of the smoke and applying it to PTSD, not a zillion other maladies. They are defenseless against the aggressive interjections of their memories. These are coming from a machinic unconscious.

They can extract the cannabinoids that get people high (THC) leaving only the medicinal cannabinoids (CBD and 111 others)

Any takers? No?
What you've said is quite true. But in spite of the fact that actual medical evidence of the effectiveness of CBD in treating seizures in children there are government officials and various corporate (lobbying) interests who strenuously object to supporting advanced research in this and many other medicinal benefits of cannabis.

Pot makes a lot of people paranoid.
A lot of people? Really? Any hint of what percentage of pot users
A lot of people? Really? Any hint of what percentage of pot users that would be? How much is "a lot?"

The medical opinion holds that ingesting too much (overdosing on) marijuana can induce paranoia (among other psychological aberrations) in those individuals who are predisposed to that disorder. Aside from that contingency, paranoid delusion does not commonly follow or accompany marijuana use by mentally stable persons.
Practically everyone I know who smoked pot had multiple paranoid reactions to it. I have no idea what % overall does. I just know from experience with potheads myself.

The reason why I dislike pot so is because I too have learned from the experience of being around potheads.

I had a friend that was a big head. Nothing was more important to him than toking up. His career, his GF, his friends, etc.. He was one of those it’s not about getting high, it’s about getting well clowns.

A lot of people? Really? Any hint of what percentage of pot users that would be? How much is "a lot?"

The medical opinion holds that ingesting too much (overdosing on) marijuana can induce paranoia (among other psychological aberrations) in those individuals who are predisposed to that disorder. Aside from that contingency, paranoid delusion does not commonly follow or accompany marijuana use by mentally stable persons.

You know, I had a conversation with a 420 shop worker one time while I was in his shop, and I asked them what kind of impact legalization had on them.

Know what the first thing he said? He said he noticed that the day after CO legalized it, he no longer felt paranoid about lighting up because it was now legal.

He said his paranoia came from it being illegal, but when it was legalized, all of it went away.

The reason why I dislike pot so is because I too have learned from the experience of being around potheads.
Aha! Finally, the glimmer of cause.

Your example is not at all unusual. Your reformer's posture is the result of negative personal exposure. Some basic research into the Temperance mentality will reveal that the most vigorous prohibitionists were motivated by personal proximity to individuals who were damaged by beverage alcohol.

The question I have is why do you, and so many others of the anti-pot persuasion, ignore the valuable lesson learned from alcohol Prohibition? Can't you see that every effort made to eliminate marijuana use has been destructively and wastefully counter-productive?

Tipsy, have YOU ever served? If so, did you serve in any combat zones?

If not, STFU.
Ohh bullshit. PTSD is an admission that you are weak and can't handle the stress of battle or stress of much else.

For thousands of years men went to battle, real battle, hand to hand combat battle, came home and went to work. What's PTSD? You can learn a lot by looking at those who don't have PTSD. Gang bangers don't get PTSD, not even when they disembowel children as an exercise is "sucking it up". Terrorists don't get PTSD. Serial killers don't get PTSD. Has anyone in the Mafia ever suffered from PTSD? John Gotti for instance, Al Capone, or an American, John Dillinger?

What is it about the modern man that has so reduced him to a babbling, blithering infant that needs drugging up?

Just what I thought, you never served.

Thank You, OP. Moon comes close to the point, which is taking the THC out of the smoke and applying it to PTSD, not a zillion other maladies. They are defenseless against the aggressive interjections of their memories. These are coming from a machinic unconscious.
They don't understand that pure liquid THC is already being used on humans with seizures and it works for them..

Tipsy, have YOU ever served? If so, did you serve in any combat zones?

If not, STFU.
Ohh bullshit. PTSD is an admission that you are weak and can't handle the stress of battle or stress of much else.

For thousands of years men went to battle, real battle, hand to hand combat battle, came home and went to work. What's PTSD? You can learn a lot by looking at those who don't have PTSD. Gang bangers don't get PTSD, not even when they disembowel children as an exercise is "sucking it up". Terrorists don't get PTSD. Serial killers don't get PTSD. Has anyone in the Mafia ever suffered from PTSD? John Gotti for instance, Al Capone, or an American, John Dillinger?

What is it about the modern man that has so reduced him to a babbling, blithering infant that needs drugging up?

Just what I thought, you never served.

Which means nothing since there are obviously so many so-called MEN who never should have served in the first place.

They don't understand that pure liquid THC is already being used on humans with seizures and it works for them..
I took a marinol pill back in my 20's....that was the highest I've ever been in my life. Lol

I pretty much stopped messing with dope after that.

You know, I had a conversation with a 420 shop worker one time while I was in his shop, and I asked them what kind of impact legalization had on them.

Know what the first thing he said? He said he noticed that the day after CO legalized it, he no longer felt paranoid about lighting up because it was now legal.

He said his paranoia came from it being illegal, but when it was legalized, all of it went away.
I walked to a dispensary and carried my child proof zip top bag proudly in the open and noticed no cops pulled over to ask me what's in the bag...Such a true feeling of freedom..

I took a marinol pill back in my 20's....that was the highest I've ever been in my life. Lol

You gonna complain about guys with long hair now?

This ain't the 70's, bruh.

I picked up an orange hair bouquet and am enjoying a relatively good buzz after a day of manual labor..No I didn't need a book to work..

I walked to a dispensary and carried my child proof zip top bag proudly in the open and noticed no cops pulled over to ask me what's in the bag...Such a true feeling of freedom..

I'll do ya one better.................my cousin lives in Greeley CO, and every time I go up there, I buy a couple of pre rolled joints at the 420 store, and we would sit on her FRONT PORCH, and watch the sunset while the neighbors went by and waved.

Coolest time was when a police officer went by and we waved while we were smoking a joint, and he waved back.

Yep, I don't ever feel paranoid while smoking in CO.

This ain't the 70's, bruh.
My hair is still there...

I'll do ya one better.................my cousin lives in Greeley CO, and every time I go up there, I buy a couple of pre rolled joints at the 420 store, and we would sit on her FRONT PORCH, and watch the sunset while the neighbors went by and waved.

Coolest time was when a police officer went by and we waved while we were smoking a joint, and he waved back.

In the mid 1970's cops would smoke with us at concerts.. I also sold to a deputy sheriff .. My aunt was married to a county sheriff and she sold doctor/lawyer bud in the 1990's...Unfortunately it was 2k a pound...

In the mid 1970's cops would smoke with us at concerts.. I also sold to a deputy sheriff .. My aunt was married to a county sheriff and she sold doctor/lawyer bud in the 1990's...Unfortunately it was 2k a pound...

Dude...................unless you had to buy the whole pound, that's not a bad price. There are 16 ounces in a pound, and if you divide 2,000 by 16, it comes out to 125 and ounce, which is pretty decent price wise, if it was the high quality bud and not some Mexican pressed brick.

Dude...................unless you had to buy the whole pound, that's not a bad price. There are 16 ounces in a pound, and if you divide 2,000 by 16, it comes out to 125 and ounce, which is pretty decent price wise, if it was the high quality bud and not some Mexican pressed brick.
We used to call Mexican brick "welfare weed".

We used to call Mexican brick "welfare weed".

Well, I've got a water pipe of my own design and invention that filters through 3/4 gal. of water, and no smoke ever hits the air except what comes out of your lungs.

It also concentrates the smoke, which means that even brick weed (or welfare weed as you called it), would turn out to be pretty decent.

Although, I've noticed that if I smoke cheap stuff out of it, it gets dirty quicker than if I smoke high grade stuff out of it.

Forum List

Back