VA looking into marijuana for PTSD treatment of vets....

Catlover did not walk the PTSD path, and is not clued up. The victim does not have a choice when invoking the memories. The memories attack the victim.
It is what is done with the memories. It's called suck it up and go on.

You know, there is a LOT of research and evidence of what marijuana does and does not do medically. We've got data going all the way back to when they first approved it for medical purposes, and now we have data for what happens when it is legalized for recreational purposes also.

Not only is it good for the treatment of PTSD, but there are many other medical benefits as well, one of which is pain relief, and the NFL players are pushing to be allowed to smoke marijuana rather than take opiates for pain.

And................if it works, and gets people off of a huge daily pill regimen, what is the harm?

You know, there is a LOT of research and evidence of what marijuana does and does not do medically. We've got data going all the way back to when they first approved it for medical purposes, and now we have data for what happens when it is legalized for recreational purposes also.

Not only is it good for the treatment of PTSD, but there are many other medical benefits as well, one of which is pain relief, and the NFL players are pushing to be allowed to smoke marijuana rather than take opiates for pain.

And................if it works, and gets people off of a huge daily pill regimen, what is the harm?

There’s a lot of people that would argue there’s plenty of harm. The thing is is people like getting high, so they pretend pot is a wonder drug. I can almost respect the argument if I like getting high and leave me alone, but all this other shit is bs.

There’s a lot of people that would argue there’s plenty of harm. The thing is is people like getting high, so they pretend pot is a wonder drug. I can almost respect the argument if I like getting high and leave me alone, but all this other shit is bs.

How much research have you actually done into marijuana? Not only does it help with PTSD, but there is Alzheimer's, epileptic seizures and cancer.

Currently, there is a treatment facility in the NE that is looking into using marijuana to treat heroin addiction instead of methadone. The reason they are trying it? Because of the way CO's opiate overdoses have dropped and continue to drop.

How much research have you actually done into marijuana? Not only does it help with PTSD, but there is Alzheimer's, epileptic seizures and cancer.

Currently, there is a treatment facility in the NE that is looking into using marijuana to treat heroin addiction instead of methadone. The reason they are trying it? Because of the way CO's opiate overdoses have dropped and continue to drop.

I’ve heard it cures every illness on the face of the earth, and I don’t believe any of it. I know for a fact it triggers psychosis in people with schizophrenia. I dunno maybe you really believe there are medical benefits to pot, but most of the pot advocates simply want to get high.

My sister is a doctor and she exposed me to a lot of people with mental illnessses that have suffered a great deal because pot exacerbated d their illnesses. But hey don’t believe me. Smoke away.
Your sister exposed you to a lot of people with mental illnesses?

I suspect the intended arrangement of that comment would be, you exposed yourself to your sister because you have a mental illness which your doctor said is untreatable.

My sister is a doctor and she exposed me to a lot of people with mental illnessses that have suffered a great deal because pot exacerbated d their illnesses. But hey don’t believe me. Smoke away.
Your sister exposed you to a lot of people with mental illnesses?

I suspect the intended arrangement of that comment would be, you exposed yourself to your sister because you have a mental illness which your doctor said is untreatable.

Ok whatever

You know, when CO legalized marijuana for recreational purposes, I started going there to visit the 420 shops and see what was going on. I also wear a US Navy (Retired) ballcap wherever I go, and other veterans come up and say hi when they see me.

Many of them told me that when they came back from the war, they had PTSD really bad, and were on a pill regimen of 10 to 15 pills/day, and were suffering ill health because of the side effects. When CO legalized marijuana, many of them turned to marijuana for treatment of their PTSD and many were able to wean themselves off of pills.

Tonight, on the nightly news, I saw a story that talked about the same thing. Seems that the VA is looking into a study to see if PTSD can successfully be treated with marijuana.

About time. It works, and I have many friends who have said as much.

Here is a link to what tonight's story said.

Pot helped treat PTSD, some veterans say

Wanna know a way better treatment for PTSD?

Bring our troops home and stop meddling in foreign entanglements.

Right and common sense tells us things that make us paranoid are good for us.
Calories make us fat when we ingest too many of them. Marijuana can cause paranoid ideation if we use too much of it. And too much water can drown us.

Such a disingenuous argument. We need calories, we need water, we don’t need pot. And don’t tell me you can’t get paranoid by taking one puff. I’ve seen it happen. Next you’ll tell me pot doesn’t negatively affect motor skills.

Pot makes a lot of people paranoid.
A lot of people? Really? Any hint of what percentage of pot users that would be? How much is "a lot?"

The medical opinion holds that ingesting too much (overdosing on) marijuana can induce paranoia (among other psychological aberrations) in those individuals who are predisposed to that disorder. Aside from that contingency, paranoid delusion does not commonly follow or accompany marijuana use by mentally stable persons.

A lot of people? Really? Any hint of what percentage of pot users that would be? How much is "a lot?"

The medical opinion holds that ingesting too much (overdosing on) marijuana can induce paranoia (among other psychological aberrations) in those individuals who are predisposed to that disorder. Aside from that contingency, paranoid delusion does not commonly follow or accompany marijuana use by mentally stable persons.
Practically everyone I know who smoked pot had multiple paranoid reactions to it. I have no idea what % overall does. I just know from experience with potheads myself.

Tipsy, have YOU ever served? If so, did you serve in any combat zones?

If not, STFU.
Ohh bullshit. PTSD is an admission that you are weak and can't handle the stress of battle or stress of much else.

For thousands of years men went to battle, real battle, hand to hand combat battle, came home and went to work. What's PTSD? You can learn a lot by looking at those who don't have PTSD. Gang bangers don't get PTSD, not even when they disembowel children as an exercise is "sucking it up". Terrorists don't get PTSD. Serial killers don't get PTSD. Has anyone in the Mafia ever suffered from PTSD? John Gotti for instance, Al Capone, or an American, John Dillinger?

What is it about the modern man that has so reduced him to a babbling, blithering infant that needs drugging up?

Practically everyone I know who smoked pot had multiple paranoid reactions to it. I have no idea what % overall does. I just know from experience with potheads myself.

The reason why I dislike pot so is because I too have learned from the experience of being around potheads.

Forum List

Back