USMB Moderation Announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, if you use active topics, you SHOULD actually read the OP to see what bounds that discussion. And right above the OP -- without even scrolling for it -- is the name of the forum that you are in...

Can you please direct me to what i'm obviously missing above the OP flacaltenn ?
thx

~S~

Can you please direct me to what i'm obviously missing above the OP flacaltenn ?
thx

~S~

Heavens, Sparky... take that light-bulb out of your mouth - it won't shed any light on anything anyway.

Near the top of every page, and also on the first, right above the thread title, you find what is sometimes called the "breadcrumbs", which tells you where (in which forum) the thread you are reading resides. In this thread, it reads:

Forums > Global Discussion > Israel and Palestine

There's been complaints from both sides about how "non conflict" thread themes and titles are moderated. You have a right to expect that posting GOOD things about either Israeli or Palestinian life should be respected and "protected" from "thread bombers". The way we're reading the complaints is that you want MORE protection of those themes.

The Israel/Palestine forum is NOT supposed to be a forum only about conflict in the Holy Land. It is listed in the Global section of USMB with other countries and regions to allow all manner of threads and titles about those countries and regions. So -- there should be threads that are FREE from diverting the topic to the "ugly" things.

Problem has been that the Zone2 rules that the I/P forum is under allows quite a bit of latitude in what is considered "on topic'. And to solve that problem we need some special rules for these "non-conflict" threads. So we're gonna experiment with a special Sub-Forum to Israel/Palestine with rules that make it clear the threads within it are NOT to be contentious in any way. IDEALLY -- everyone understands what "non-contentious" is and virtually NO moderation will be required. But realize, this sub forum will be under TIGHTER moderation rules than the parent I/P forum. And they WILL be enforced.

ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT is that you create titles and themes that are SPECIFIC enough to allow moderation to "protect" them. Best to be VERY SPECIFIC about what the theme of the thread will be. Because we don't censor or delete post content that actually addresses the tittle/theme of your threads.

Draft of the sticky rules for this forum..

// ********************************************************************************************************* //
New Sub Forum name.
Modern Daily Life in the Holy Land

No arguments about history of the region.
No political combat.
No Thread Bombing or conflict discussion
No regional politics.
No pics or vids of civil unrest or conflict.

Suggested topics --

Art, music culture, sports
Business and innovation
Social outreach, education, innovation
Cooperative efforts aimed at reconciliation
Travel, recreation and tourism
Archaeology, holy places
Food, recipes, shopping, real estate
Any other "non-combative" topics that shed light on daily life in the region.

The "theme" of the threads will be "the topic". Specific thread titles and themes are better than General. That way you can zero in on specific aspects of life in the region and leave lots of room for other topics. Topics with very broad themes (such as "Life in Israel" or "Life in Palestine" may be closed). Religious celebrations and practice is a fair topic, but must be kept non-combative.

If your goal is to carry the "conflict" to these threads --- you will become warned and thread or forum banned. The goal is to provide a place to celebrate life as it really is in the Holy Land. It's fine to be inquisitive and challenge assertions to some extent, but Zone1 rules are in effect. In addition, the specific themes of the thread WILL BE ENFORCED for as long as they are active.

Threads may be moved to the parent Israel/Palestine if there is any large chance of conflict and or confrontation. We hope there will be little need to moderate here. Post here as though it's a Civil Discussion Area..

// ********************************************************************************************************* //

AyeCantSeeYou WillHaftawaite Coyote

Comments,questions and replies to this concept are welcome. We may revise the rules and format based on your input. But IMPORTANTLY -- for the purposes of THIS thread ------------------------------------

Don't discuss OTHER moderation/member issues here. Contact Mod Staff via Private Message conversations. Don't get personal or mention members/mods.
I think it's unhealthy to create sections which are exempt from discussion of conflicting ideas. If what you're talking about is changing the topic from one thing to another entirely different thing, in order to make the thread topic negative, that's already covered under "Derailment".
Bu it is healthy keeping the the trolls in check.

That gives no indication whatsoever of 'zone'

So, having been here a decade, either i've a viable concern, or am the internets biggest ignoramous

That said , whoever wrote the software for this place has installed more bells and whistles than most mess boards have even dreamed of doing.

I see no reason zones could not be more apparent for us active thread junkies

otherwise what we have is the proverbial speed limit sign hidden behind a bush

~S~

That gives no indication whatsoever of 'zone'

So, having been here a decade, either i've a viable concern, or am the internets biggest ignoramous

That said , whoever wrote the software for this place has installed more bells and whistles than most mess boards have even dreamed of doing.

I see no reason zones could not be more apparent for us active thread junkies

otherwise what we have is the proverbial speed limit sign hidden behind a bush

~S~

Yes, it does give you a hint as to the zones. Flacaltenn explained them in post #55 above, which is copied from this introductory text, which you should have read about half a decade ago.

Keep your eyes open, and you shall see that speed limit sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back