What does "from the river to the sea, Palestine must be free" mean?

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
This is primarily a question for Team Palestine.

"From the river to the sea, Palestine must be free". What does this mean to you? How will we know that Palestine is free? What are the conditions which much be met?

"From the river to the sea, Palestine must be free". What does this mean to you? How will we know that Palestine is free? What are the conditions which much be met?
It's not what it means to me, it's what it means period
Jordan river to the Med. In other words all of Israel must be Islamofascist and Jews eradicated.

The women are going to throw off their burka's and run naked into the sea?

I can get behind that. :113:

Marc might be an undercover Hamas plant.

If so, he's right at home here at a pro Hamas website .
He did find a comfortable home with the Democratic Party and CNN Leftie fake news.

Not to worry, there's more where that came from.

If so, he's right at home here at a pro Hamas website .
He did find a comfortable home with the Democratic Party and CNN Leftie fake news.

Not to worry, there's more where that came from.
I know that some of CNN news is anti-Israel. Which is no reason to accuse all of CNN as giving false news, which is what the US President would like all his followers to believe.

Not all Republicans are for Israel. Not all Democrats are anti Israel.

Let us look at each news separately without generalizing everyone in one organization, Station, etc.

Lamont did go to the UN and say what he said at the UN.

CNN did the right thing.
Who invited him to speak there, I do not know.
It was definitely not the right thing to do. Clearly a pro Palestinian, anti Israel group was responsible for granting him a time to speak at the UN, which we know ( as full of anti Jews/Israel people/countries, as it is) was going to let him, or anyone else speak against Israel and not bring any actual point of contribution to ending the conflict, except for repeating the Arab/Muslim mantra, of "No Israel, no Peace, No Anything with non Muslims.

And all the people at the UN clapped.

Which will not happen. SHERI

It happened, why, because we all know about Israel and their occupation.
Since the Pres. of CNN is a jew and his second hand is as well, what do you expect, he got fired.

“ From the River to the Sea Palestine will be set free” is the Eradication of Israel. SHERI. It has nothing to do with the Pres. of CNN.
If someone on a major Network stated the same thing about Israel and they were fired you would be in your glory. Just more proof you are a Racist bigoted. :ahole-1:

Ok. I will bite.

To me it means that we have to first define what it means to be free. To me it means freedom from oppressive rule, a representative form of government, a recognition of basic rights and freedoms: freedom to worship, travel, speak and a free media. It neans equality of fundamental rights across the population.

In regards to Palestine, it means and end to ambiguosly governed territories where a segment of the population resides under military law and the under the far more rights conscious civil law.

It means that those territories either become fully autonomous or they become fully Istaeli with complete and equal citizenship for all residents in either case, and a constitutional protection for the freedom of minorities.

Ok. I will bite.

To me it means that we have to first define what it means to be free. To me it means freedom from oppressive rule, a representative form of government, a recognition of basic rights and freedoms: freedom to worship, travel, speak and a free media. It neans equality of fundamental rights across the population.

In regards to Palestine, it means and end to ambiguosly governed territories where a segment of the population resides under military law and the under the far more rights conscious civil law.

It means that those territories either become fully autonomous or they become fully Istaeli with complete and equal citizenship for all residents in either case, and a constitutional protection for the freedom of minorities.

Ok. I will bite.

You are forgetting six words; From the River to the Sea” which includes ALL of Israel which is referred to as Palestine.
Since you believe in “ equality “ tell us please why Abbas stating “ No Israelis in Palestine” or the PLO states Israelis have no rights to the Western Wall

Ok. I will bite.

Ok. I will bite.

You are forgetting six words; From the River to the Sea” which includes ALL of Israel which is referred to as Palestine.
Since you believe in “ equality “ tell us please why Abbas stating “ No Israelis in Palestine” or the PLO states Israelis have no rights to the Western Wall
She won't answer that, she supports the murder of all Jews but pretends to not do so. This is further proof of that.

Ok. I will bite.

Ok. I will bite.

To be fair, Coyote is responding to what the first post asks, which is What Does It Mean To You? Her post says what it means to her, from what she understands of it.

Now, it should only be fair to bring up the origin of that saying and what the PLO meant by it, and what Hamas and Abbas, and others actually mean by it. Does it have the same meaning to them as to the PLO, has the meaning changed since 1964?

So, I would hope that pro Palestinians would read the information below, think about it and tell us if they agree with it, and why. Does it mean to YOU, the same as it meant to the PLO when they coined the phrase :

"Palestine from the river to the sea" was claimed as Palestine by the PLO[65] from its establishment in 1964 until the signing of the Oslo Accords.[78] The PLO claim was originally set on areas, controlled by the State of Israel prior to 1967 War, meaning the combined Coastal Plain, Galilee, Yizrael Valley, Arava Valley and Negev Desert, but excluding West Bank (controlled then by Jordan) and Gaza Strip (occupied between 1959 and 1967 by Egypt). In a slightly different fashion "Palestine from the river to the sea" is still claimed by Hamas,[79] referring to all areas of former Mandatory Palestine.

From the River to the Sea (Arabic: min al-nahr ila al-bahr ) is, and forms part of, a popular political slogan used by Palestinian nationalists. It contains the notion that the land which lies between the River Jordan and the Mediterranean Sea be entirely placed under Arab rule at the cost of the State of Israel, excluding the contested Golan Heights, conquered from Syria in 1967 and unilaterally annexed in 1981.[80] It has been used frequently by Arab leaders[81][82] and is often chanted at anti-Israel demonstrations.[83]

The slogan is versatile with numerous variations including "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free,"[84] "Palestine is ours from the river to the sea," "Palestine is Islamic from the river to the sea,"[85] Islamic scholars also claim the Mahdiwill also declare the slogan in the following format: "Jerusalem is Arab Muslim, and Palestine — all of it, from the river to the sea — is Arab Muslim."[86]

Palestinian nationalism - Wikipedia

Ok. I will bite.

I have a couple of comments and questions, but I'd like to start with...

What would full autonomy look like? How will we know when it is achieved?

Forum List

Back