Zone1 Used car and truck market.

Dropped a fresh remanufactured motor in my ride 30K miles ago, for a tad over $7,000.

Even with the replacement of peripherals that will eventually wear out and some body work, I'll still be thousands ahead in the end.
Unless parts become a huge issue, then what ?

otto105
Cars now are required to have many extra features for mpg, emissions control, safety, etc., and then more features are considered necessary by buyers. Besides raising the price, the result is often a fragile car that becomes junk before the loan is paid. Used cars that still run may be more valuable than new cars with fragile parts and faulty designs.
Especially the ones with these particulate filters or DEF systems. It's killing the big truck industry in this nation. Way too many repairs to that bull shite system.

I think the vehicle market in general are gouging us. New AND used. Average new car prices have risen about 30% since 2019 and then the last 3 years, because of the chip shortage, they were selling used vehicles for almost the price of a new one.

I’m just wondering how long it will be before the auto industry collapses or they get another bailout. Average new car price is $47,000 and average payment is over $700 per month. At that rate, and considering that used vehicles are almost as expensive as new vehicles, people are simply not going to be able to afford to buy them anymore unless you take out 10+ year loans, which I find to be utterly ridiculous.

These auto makers are going to price themselves out of business.
I think they've already done it. Millions are turning away from buying new, and if they somehow manage to buy new, they are financially ruined by it in 5 years if not careful. Pick-ups for 80 grand ? No vehicle is worth that kind of money, and especially with the cheapness of them these days. The big truck industry is suffering bad due to buying fleets that aren't holding up to the quality standards expected in the $200,000 + per unit purchase ranges or prices they are paying now. The DEF system's are killing them in repairs.

And,

Bullshit.

The anti-Americans have stated their goals.

The goal of cash for clunkers was to pay people to destroy perfectly serviceable vehicles.

The preliminary goal is to de-industrialize the USA.

Fuck you, bitches. You will die trying.
Dude. I just retired from the auto industry last September. Dealerships had little to no inventory. Rental companies stopped selling us cars because they couldn’t get new ones. We were literally buying cars from other dealerships. After covid the word came down from corporate to only sell cars MSRP. No discounts. I bought a $20,000 car just before this happened. 2 weeks later the same car was selling for $15,000 more.

Pollution legacy pieces of shit.
To manufacture a vehicle, to run and maintain it, then to scrap it over an average vehicle lifespan, EV's are only 13% to 30% less polluting. That was determined by an EU commissioned report. The percentage difference is to do with battery size choice, a larger battery = greater carbon footprint.

But, and a big but. The bulk of an EV's pollution/carbon footprint is at the manufacture stage, then as the years go by, you will hit a break even stage with a ICE equivalent, then start to show the pollution/co2 saving. But, and a big but, insurance companies are writing EV's off when you prang them, and if write off is before the break even point, you are creating a greater carbon footprint.

So kinda a one step forward and two steps back.

otto105@DudleySmith
Unless they are lying about it, many so called supply chains are suffering or they've been severed altogether..... Not sure on where the many parts are coming in from or maybe they've been stockpiled, but all we hear is that the part is on backorder or due to supply chain issues the part is delayed until further notice.

During the Covid Spring, I was looking to trade in the Jeep on a late model used pickup truck, something no more than two model years old. The last dealer I bought new from, quoted me a price, $2000 dollars higher than what the truck listed for brand new, saying it was due to the chip shortage.
I had the Jeep painted. It runs great!
1712459711588.png

Surely that is not your Jeep. You are an unusual person, but anybody that would paint or buy a Jeep that color should have there ass sewn shut, probably as a health hazard to others.
The post was suggesting that it was your jeep... 😆

To manufacture a vehicle, to run and maintain it, then to scrap it over an average vehicle lifespan, EV's are only 13% to 30% less polluting. That was determined by an EU commissioned report. The percentage difference is to do with battery size choice, a larger battery = greater carbon footprint.

But, and a big but. The bulk of an EV's pollution/carbon footprint is at the manufacture stage, then as the years go by, you will hit a break even stage with a ICE equivalent, then start to show the pollution/co2 saving. But, and a big but, insurance companies are writing EV's off when you prang them, and if write off is before the break even point, you are creating a greater carbon footprint.

So kinda a one step forward and two steps back.
No, no it's not. The breakout stage is year two.

Electric Vehicles Contribute Fewer Emissions Than Gasoline-Powered Cars Over Their Lifetimes - FactCheck.org

lol you have no idea at ll what he's talking about. That's par for commies and their Useful Idiots.

In real news, it takes 47 years for an EV to break even on it's production pollution; they don't even last 15 years. They never break even on total pollution produced. They produce twice the ozone per mileas well.

lol you have no idea at ll what he's talking about. That's par for commies and their Useful Idiots.

In real news, it takes 47 years for an EV to break even on it's production pollution; they don't even last 15 years. They never break even on total pollution produced. They produce twice the ozone per mileas well.
Wow, hilariously stupid fuckup.

Just making shit up are ya dud.

Wow, hilariously stupid fuckup.

Just making shit up are ya dud.
lol easy to look up, something you're too stupid to accomplish, since you just rely on parroting Daily Kos or some other site Useful Idiots get groomed at. Now run along and rape a stray puppy or something, whatever you deviants and commies do for fun.

Forum List

Back