Zone1 Used car and truck market.

lol you have no idea at ll what he's talking about. That's par for commies and their Useful Idiots.

In real news, it takes 47 years for an EV to break even on it's production pollution; they don't even last 15 years. They never break even on total pollution produced. They produce twice the ozone per mileas well.
Funny thing is, is that this stuff has been tried throughout the year's or centuries, and I bet that Jay Leno has the evidence in his vast collection of cars and their failures. Jet cars, EVs, steam powered and more. I know, I know, but, but, but, but they'll say it's different now therefore going against literally hundreds of years of tried and tested concepts that ended in what was the most practical, sustainable, affordable, reliable concepts that we use today, but somehow they know better. 😆

Nothing wrong with trying new thing's or concepts, but when it's linked to political power In hopes to control thing's all to the benefit of the few elites, when all the while the people in mass begin to suffer greatly is when we have a huge should have been avoidable crisis on our hands.

Last edited:
I have an EV myself, and I love the thing, so it's not like it's some ideological fetish with me. But it's obvious Ev's are a joke as a replacement, especially in the timelines these loons are demanding it be done.
Kuddos to your play toy, and yes I agree with your post .. 👍

You didn't understand.

The comparison is made up of three parts -

1- carbon footprint to manufacture the vehicle (raw materials etc)

2- refueling/charging (which is the only bit you're thinking of)

3- the carbon footprint to breakdown and recycle the vehicle.

Hence why the size of the battery, the worst part of an EV, alters the 13% to 30% figure.

To make and EV, the carbon footprint is very high and it takes a few years to break even with an ICE vehicle. But if it's written off due to a minor prang before the break even part, EV's are worse for the environment than fossil fuels.

So if step 2 is short for an EV, they're dreadful for your imaginary cause.

You didn't understand.

Hence why the size of the battery, the worst part of an EV, alters the 13% to 30% figure.

To make and EV, the carbon footprint is very high and it takes a few years to break even with an ICE vehicle. But if it's written off due to a minor prang before the break even part, EV's are worse for the environment than fossil fuels.

And now they are saying the heavy weight of the vehicle degrades tires much faster than ICE vehicles, and creates more particulate pollution than an ICE car...

You didn't understand.

Post your source.

Post your source.
This lists the figures, it's actually 17% to 30%. The report I read a few years, explained the breakdown. If I find the EU Report, I will supply the link.

They looked at the carbon footprint of making the vehicles, running and servicing the vehicles, and scrapping them over their lifetime. It stated the battery size gave rise to the 17% to 30% range. Then they tried to beef the figures up in more favour of the EV's by stating the charging figures included fossil fuel made electric.

But, EV's cost quite a bit more in co2 to manufacture due to the raw materials to make the batteries, that's built into the figures.

Emissions are usually higher in the production phase of electric cars, but these are more than offset by lower emissions in the use phase over time.

That's ^^ the part where it says, "Over time", but what time. More co2 to produce, more co2 to scrap, the saving is in the middle. How long does the middle need to be to get the co2 saving. With insurance companies quick to scrap them, EV's are not really a bed of roses.

Edit - in the link, there's a link to the PDF report

Last edited:
otto105

This is where you take transport co2 output, of that figure, take the co2 produced by cars, vans, lorries, buses. Then take 17% to 30% of that as a possible saving.

I saw this a year or two ago on a forum analysed out, and the figure ain't big. So the conclusion was, all this upheaval and inconvenience for a small saving, the alarmists came galloping in screaming, "It's a start".

Pick one off the roadside for nothing once the Big Die Off is in full swing .
There will not be enough police to be interested and by then market prices will have imploded .

Forum List

Back