US Soldier Freed From Captivity in Afghanistan

With all the hoopla about the "marine" taking three very powerful guns into Mexico, running from police and winding up in Jail, many conservatives seem to have forgotten an American soldier actively fighting in Afghanistan was being held by the Taliban.

He's free today..thanks to President Obama.

Now give the Prez some sugar.

:D
Glad to see this hero has been set free....

Uh....you have a little on your chin...

Uh, not to make light of the young man's captivity, but walking off your post with some locals because they promised alcohol is not the act of a hero. It's something a very silly, very young man would do.

Yeah..because like..no one in the military..like..drinks alcohol.

I am also happy for the 5 detainees who spent many years illegally held in Gitmo and where never formally charged or convicted of anything.

Now they will finally be reunited with their families. .. :cool:

Illegally?

According to who's law?

While I agree our government fucked up, gitmo isn't full of innocent people. I can fucking rest assured that the flea bitten goat fucking scumbags that held this dipshit soldier aren't interested the release of innocent people, they want fighters back.

I'm happy for him and happy for his family just as I'm sure the five Taliban who were exchanged for him are happy the can go back and rejoin the fight.

Well they have to spend a year in Qatar.

It's sorta doubtful they be "rejoining" any fight any time soon.

I'm happy for him and happy for his family just as I'm sure the five Taliban who were exchanged for him are happy the can go back and rejoin the fight.

You assume they will spend a year there terrorist who are returned to the middle east have a habit of not ending up where there supposed to maybe these five will but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Glad to see this hero has been set free....

Uh....you have a little on your chin...

Uh, not to make light of the young man's captivity, but walking off your post with some locals because they promised alcohol is not the act of a hero. It's something a very silly, very young man would do.

Yeah, and because like... only one dumbfuck... out of millions of us... was stupid enough to get himself captured off post alone... in order to cop a bottle of liquor.

Quite a quandary..

First you conservatives bitch about Obama not freeing a law breaking marine.

Then you attack the soldier actually freed by the work of President Obama.

You guys really can't get it together..can ya?

Yeah, and because like... only one dumbfuck... out of millions of us... was stupid enough to get himself captured off post alone... in order to cop a bottle of liquor.

Americans don't get captured?

What other tall tales you got?

You assume they will spend a year there terrorist who are returned to the middle east have a habit of not ending up where there supposed to maybe these five will but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Yes because it's in Qatar's interest..which does a huge amount of business with America, to piss off America.

:lol:

Well, until the negative fuckers and O haters are able to bring a half million plus demonstrators to Washington DC every year for over 25 years demanding that no one gets left behind it seems only fair to listen to the people who do. Not Forgotten and everyone comes home.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=try017nQ_vw]ROLLING THUNDER XXVI - YouTube[/ame]

Well, until the negative fuckers and O haters are able to bring a half million plus demonstrators to Washington DC every year for over 25 years demanding that no one gets left behind it seems only fair to listen to the people who do. Not Forgotten and everyone comes home.

ROLLING THUNDER XXVI - YouTube

You don't see many people in this thread rejoicing about that.

Remember when Osama bin Laden was offed?

New York and maybe DC were the only places to have parties.

Rest of the US? Especially red states?

That was an awful time.

Yes because it's in Qatar's interest..which does a huge amount of business with America, to piss off America.

This might come as a shock to you but I didn't say the government of Qatar would free them radicals inside the country or ones coming into it could free these guys something not out of the realm of possibility given a fairly a high number of freed gitmo detainees return to the battlefield.

With all the hoopla about the "marine" taking three very powerful guns into Mexico, running from police and winding up in Jail, many conservatives seem to have forgotten an American soldier actively fighting in Afghanistan was being held by the Taliban.

The only American soldier held prisoner in Afghanistan has been freed by the Taliban in exchange for the release of five Afghan detainees from the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Obama administration officials said Saturday.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was handed over to U.S. special forces by the Taliban Saturday evening, local time, in an area of eastern Afghanistan, near the Pakistani border. Officials said the exchange was not violent and the 28-year-old Bergdahl was in good condition and able to walk.

In a statement, President Barack Obama said Bergdahl's recovery "is a reminder of America's unwavering commitment to leave no man or woman in uniform behind on the battlefield."
US Soldier Freed From Captivity in Afghanistan - ABC News

Obabble will direct that he get on the waiting list at the VA in Arizona...see if he survives that.

This might come as a shock to you but I didn't say the government of Qatar would free them radicals inside the country or ones coming into it could free these guys something not out of the realm of possibility given a fairly a high number of freed gitmo detainees return to the battlefield.

Here's a shock for you.

Most of the people in Gitmo have never been on a battlefield.

Nor have they committed any crimes.

They are there because they pissed off a neighbor or someone wanted a bounty.

They can't be charged with anything?

Why? Because they haven't done anything.

And they can't be released. Why? Because no country wants them, and those that do? Want to toss them to terrorists for beheadings.

This was actually a stroke of genius. America gets to release five guys unlawfully held and gets an American soldier back in return.

Sun Tzu would be proud.

To bad you folks are so full of bile you can't see why..

The only American soldier held prisoner in Afghanistan has been freed by the Taliban in exchange for the release of five Afghan detainees from the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Obama administration officials said Saturday.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was handed over to U.S. special forces by the Taliban Saturday evening, local time, in an area of eastern Afghanistan, near the Pakistani border. Officials said the exchange was not violent and the 28-year-old Bergdahl was in good condition and able to walk.

In a statement, President Barack Obama said Bergdahl's recovery "is a reminder of America's unwavering commitment to leave no man or woman in uniform behind on the battlefield."

Obabble will direct that he get on the waiting list at the VA in Arizona...see if he survives that.

There's nothing to survive.

Issa might hold an investigation..which would be laughable.

And President Obama simply has to try to appoint someone or get more money for the VA.

Both moves would be blocked by the Republicans.

Wash..rinse..repeat.

Very good news.

Let’s hope this is indeed a symbolic indication that all American servicemen and servicewomen will soon be home, bringing at last an end to GWB’s tragic and illegal wars, the consequence of failed and reckless conservative foreign policy dogma, hubris, and stupidity.

Here's a shock for you.

Most of the people in Gitmo have never been on a battlefield.

Nor have they committed any crimes.

They are there because they pissed off a neighbor or someone wanted a bounty.

They can't be charged with anything?

Why? Because they haven't done anything.
Would you care to back that up? You'll really swallow anything if it's an op-ed on some dingbat lefty site.

Forum List

Back