US Having Its Coolest Year On Record

Just like when you start a fire in the fireplace, adjacent rooms get colder. If it's warmer somewhere in the world, adjacent areas get colder.

Meanwhile, back in the real world....

Last month was the warmest September in historical temperature records that date back more than 130 years, NASA said Sunday in its monthly global temperature report.

The global average temperature for September 2014 was 0.77°C (1.38°F) above the 1951-1980 historical average for the month, the agency reported Oct. 12 in its monthly Global Land-Ocean Temperature Index, which shows the temperature anomalies for each month of the year going back to 1880.

NASA September 2014 Hottest In Recorded Weather History Richard Dawkins Foundation

If you wish to duplicate, time series is annual, contig. US. Average temperature, 2004 to 2014.

Note this is a -0.12 deg F/decade change.

Climate at a Glance National Climatic Data Center NCDC

DATESVALUERANKANOMALY (53.32°F)
2004-2013 BASE PERIOD
200401 - 20041253.10°F5-0.22°F
200501 - 20051253.64°F70.32°F
200601 - 20061254.25°F90.93°F
200701 - 20071253.65°F80.33°F
200801 - 20081252.29°F1-1.03°F
200901 - 20091252.39°F2-0.93°F
201001 - 20101252.98°F4-0.34°F
201101 - 20111253.18°F6-0.14°F
201201 - 20121255.28°F101.96°F
201301 - 20131252.42°F3-0.90°F
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Just like when you start a fire in the fireplace, adjacent rooms get colder. If it's warmer somewhere in the world, adjacent areas get colder.

That is so untrue on so many levels. The rooms do not get colder because another room get warmer.

Think of it another way, when hurricanes cross over warm water they get stronger by sucking up the warmth from the water. So do thunderstorms over land. So if warmer air and water make storms stronger, what' sthe result for the air and water now deprived of that warmth? It gets colder.

Globally then, if it's warmer in one place, it's drawing heat from adjacent places. Colder here, means our heat is being drawn away to somewhere else.

If you wish to duplicate, time series is annual, contig. US. Average temperature, 2004 to 2014.

[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Do you understand the difference between US data and global data?

Which would you say are more relevant in assessing climate change?

Also - are blogs as reliable as scientific organisations, would you say?

Freewill........a person who really tries to present himself as a deep thinker.....is a climate change denier.

It does not compute.

You cannot be considered intelligent and aware if you deny that climate change is happening and that human activity impacts it.

This is no longer a debatable subject. What to do about it is....but the existence of a problem is decided.

Did you read the OP subject line?

Where do you presume the most accurate temperature data is taken?

Did you even notice I made no statement on whether or not the climate was changing?

Being a child of the 60s and 70s I once was fooled by data that said this or that was GOING to effect me and the world and that never happened. So instead of listening to the same gloom and doom that never happens I look out the window and see another sunny day. I think a little warmer would be a good thing, why do you apparently think colder is a good thing?

Freewill -

I would just prefer these debates to stick to facts, science and reality wherever possible.

That means using real scientific sources, and in terms of temperatures it means that the global perspective is more important than the local angle.

At this stage I think almost everyone is aware that the climate IS changing, and that human acitivity is a factor in that. It's a given.

Hence threads that start with an entirely contrived "scientific" premise from some blog have very little value.

Did you read the OP subject line?

Where do you presume the most accurate temperature data is taken?

Did you even notice I made no statement on whether or not the climate was changing?

Being a child of the 60s and 70s I once was fooled by data that said this or that was GOING to effect me and the world and that never happened. So instead of listening to the same gloom and doom that never happens I look out the window and see another sunny day. I think a little warmer would be a good thing, why do you apparently think colder is a good thing?

Anyone who watches a day's worth of the Weather Channel understands temperature and climate change. Isn't advanced concept science. Your pathetic attempt at disputing climate change by putting foward how it's cold here therefore climat change isn't happening was woefully transparent.

Freewill........a person who really tries to present himself as a deep thinker.....is a climate change denier.

It does not compute.

You cannot be considered intelligent and aware if you deny that climate change is happening and that human activity impacts it.

This is no longer a debatable subject. What to do about it is....but the existence of a problem is decided.

Why isn't it debatable, because what we see is not what was predicted?

You have closed your mind, I have not. As proof of your closed mind you didn't bother looking at the NOAA site I provided. Had you bothered, and had the wherewithall to figure it out. You would have seen that indeed it indicates that global temperatures have apparently increased. But you don't bother because your mind is made up. You don't bother with fact, even when handed to you, because in your mind everything is settled.

That said, go back to the OP and quote me directly where I said anything concerning GW one way or the other.

BTW when can I expect my climate to change to tropical?

Forum List

Back