US Farmers Losing Market Share in China

So, according to today's Crop Progress report from the USDA corn is now 45% planted and Soy Beans are 13% planted. Both are now back on track with the 5 year average.

Want to tell me again how beans are planted before corn?

who said before corn fuck face

sure go try again

Corn Planting Map | Agweb.com

You did when you attacked me for saying that beans are planted later than corn. You are a fraud

hey dummy your own link shows that corn and beans are being planted at the same time

So in your little partisan world 45% is the same as 13% well that explains a lot.

Let me help you out here the beans are at a lower percent because the starting time for their planting was later than the corn

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

yes retard who know the circumstances as to why the numbers are what they are

fact is your link clearly demonstrated that corn and soy do get planted at the same time

Let me help you out here the beans are at a lower percent because the starting time for their planting was later than the corn

--LOL nope

the real factor is the temp of the ground

to plant beans it is desired to to have the next two days after planting be at or above 50 degrees

farmers want them in as soon as possible because you get much better yields

but thanks for playing along --LOL

you can have the last say retard

Thanks poser, I will take it.

What you are missing and what your days to maturity miss is the additional time required to let the corn dry enough that you are not paying either the Energy cost to dry it or paying the silo to do it.

i didnt miss anything all of your post was off topic

silo pay for it--LOL

try elevator --LOL

--LOL if you had any brains you would have known

the price per bushel is set by humidity factor of the grain

--LOL

i didnt miss anything all of your post was off topic

silo pay for it--LOL

try elevator --LOL

--LOL if you had any brains you would have known

the price per bushel is set by humidity factor of the grain

--LOL

You are correct, I used the wrong term, elevator is the correct term.

Just as moisture is the correct term, not humidity.

And yes, the price is set based upon the moisture content of the corn, so the drier they can get it prior to sending to the elevator, the better price they get. Thus it is planted before beans as they want the extra time to let it dry before harvest

Doesn't hold a candle to the damage done by Agri-Business and Democrats.

Monsanto is a problem to be sure, but not being able to sell your crop will end the farmers.

Again hyperbole.
Again... only 14% of corn in America is exported. And that is to 70 countries.
Take out a few percentages out of ONLY China's and it amounts to not a helluva lot overall.
No farmer is faced with "not selling his crops". :rolleyes:

Do you have any connection to the Ag industry. Have you spoken with anyone from the Ag industry that agrees with your views?

have you?
All I am doing is giving you actual numbers for perspective. You can make up your own mind if you think single digit percentage drops is the end of the world.
Anytime someone from the investor side of the industry comes out "defending" the family farm you should be very suspect. They couldn't give a rat's ass about the family farmer. In fact, they have nearly wiped out the family farms themselves.

It is what I do for a living, I am a statistician in the Ag industry. I speak with farmers on a weekly basis, and I have not spoken to a single one that is not worried about the trade war.

We started this year with more surplus corn and beans from last year than expected, which drives down the price farmers receive for their crops. Take away a major market and dump that product on the US markets and the prices drop even more. Soybeans are a much larger problem now than corn. Roughly 25% of the us Soybean crop makes it way to China. This year more soybeans were planned to be planted than corn, for only the third time in the history of the country. If that holds true and we lose the Chinese market the soybean price will drop to where nobody makes any more selling them. The late spring makes it likely that soybeans will indeed outpace the acreage of corn. All those things mixed together are a recipe for disaster for farmers.

The Sec of Ag speaking to farmers in Michigan (I think it was) said that Trump himself told him to find a way to mitigate some of the pain the farmers will be feeling. Pretty much everyone but the partisans on this board think this will be bad for the farmers.
/----/ Good News Gator:
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
Tomorrow, the House will vote on a strong Farm Bill, which includes work requirements. We must support our Nation’s great farmers!

Monsanto is a problem to be sure, but not being able to sell your crop will end the farmers.

Again hyperbole.
Take out a few percentages out of ONLY China's and it amounts to not a helluva lot overall.

Do you have any connection to the Ag industry. Have you spoken with anyone from the Ag industry that agrees with your views?

have you?
All I am doing is giving you actual numbers for perspective. You can make up your own mind if you think single digit percentage drops is the end of the world.
Anytime someone from the investor side of the industry comes out "defending" the family farm you should be very suspect. They couldn't give a rat's ass about the family farmer. In fact, they have nearly wiped out the family farms themselves.

It is what I do for a living, I am a statistician in the Ag industry. I speak with farmers on a weekly basis, and I have not spoken to a single one that is not worried about the trade war.

We started this year with more surplus corn and beans from last year than expected, which drives down the price farmers receive for their crops. Take away a major market and dump that product on the US markets and the prices drop even more. Soybeans are a much larger problem now than corn. Roughly 25% of the us Soybean crop makes it way to China. This year more soybeans were planned to be planted than corn, for only the third time in the history of the country. If that holds true and we lose the Chinese market the soybean price will drop to where nobody makes any more selling them. The late spring makes it likely that soybeans will indeed outpace the acreage of corn. All those things mixed together are a recipe for disaster for farmers.

The Sec of Ag speaking to farmers in Michigan (I think it was) said that Trump himself told him to find a way to mitigate some of the pain the farmers will be feeling. Pretty much everyone but the partisans on this board think this will be bad for the farmers.
/----/ Good News Gator:
Tomorrow, the House will vote on a strong Farm Bill, which includes work requirements. We must support our Nation’s great farmers!
Or not.

Again hyperbole.

have you?

/----/ Good News Gator:
Or not.

They voted...they voted NO :21::21::21::21:

Trump and Cellblock...wrong again

have you?

/----/ Good News Gator:
Or not.

/----/ Well you are correct it didn't pass. All I said it was coming up for a vote and it did. That being said it looks like Washington as usual gumming up a clean bill with unrelated stuff ike immigration and spending.
The House rejected a $867 billion farm bill on Friday — after spending days negotiating with key conservatives in an attempt to pass the bill without the support of Democrats.

The vote was 198 to 213. Every Democrat voted against the measure, as did 30 Republicans. Many of the GOP lawmakers are members of the House Freedom Caucus and voted no after failing to get concessions on spending and a future vote on immigration in exchange for their support.

The future of the bill is uncertain. Republican leaders are discussing ways to bring it up again. A revote could hinge on whether GOP leaders agree to a vote on a controversial immigration bill that many Republican moderates oppose. Those members, many running for re-election in competitive districts, are pressing, instead, for a vote on a measure that gives a path to citizenship for children of undocumented workers.

have you?

/----/ Good News Gator:
Or not.

/----/ Well you are correct it didn't pass. All I said it was coming up for a vote and it did. That being said it looks like Washington as usual gumming up a clean bill with unrelated stuff ike immigration and spending.
The House rejected a $867 billion farm bill on Friday — after spending days negotiating with key conservatives in an attempt to pass the bill without the support of Democrats.

The vote was 198 to 213. Every Democrat voted against the measure, as did 30 Republicans. Many of the GOP lawmakers are members of the House Freedom Caucus and voted no after failing to get concessions on spending and a future vote on immigration in exchange for their support.

The future of the bill is uncertain. Republican leaders are discussing ways to bring it up again. A revote could hinge on whether GOP leaders agree to a vote on a controversial immigration bill that many Republican moderates oppose. Those members, many running for re-election in competitive districts, are pressing, instead, for a vote on a measure that gives a path to citizenship for children of undocumented workers.

The gop will be back again. To be honest, I haven't even seen what's in it.... beyond the hyperbole of "they're cutting food stamps." For agriculture, I think the issue is more "trade." And I don't like the way its trending for America.

/----/ Good News Gator:
Or not.

The gop will be back again. To be honest, I haven't even seen what's in it.... beyond the hyperbole of "they're cutting food stamps." For agriculture, I think the issue is more "trade." And I don't like the way its trending for America.

The thing most of the farmers I have spoken to in our area talked about was the change in the source for the numbers for Crop insurance payouts. As it stands now NASS county estimates are used and if there was not enough data to set an estimate for a county then they used RMA numbers.

The new farm bill will flip/flop that and RMA data will be the primary source and NASS the secondary.

More evidence that Trump's Trade Taxes are hurting farmers.

Disquiet among farmers grew in June as crop prices fell thanks to benevolent U.S. weather and additional duties expected from China on products like soybeans, for which it is the U.S.’s top customer. The total value of this year’s U.S. corn, soybean and wheat crops dropped about $13 billion, or 10%, in June, said Chris Hurt, an agricultural economist at Purdue University. On Monday, U.S. soybean prices continued their downward spiral, heading toward the lowest level in a decade.

The planned tariffs on U.S. soybean exports come as farmers nationwide have boosted plantings of the crop, betting on the oilseeds to deliver stronger returns than corn during a yearslong slump in the farm economy.

For farmers like Mr. Smith, who grows corn and soybeans on 1,500 acres in Cotton Plant, Ark., the 16% decline in soybean prices alone translates into a nearly $100 per-acre drop in the value of his crop. “That’s $100,000 that has disappeared into thin air,” he said. “We were already in the red, and now it’s even worse.”

Researchers at the University of Illinois and Ohio State University estimate that over four years, a 25% tariff on U.S. soybean imports by Beijing would result in an average 87% decline in income for a midsize Illinois grain farm. The loss would pressure farmland prices, they say, prompting a more than $500,000 decline in the farm’s net worth by 2021.

Trade Fight Threatens Farm Belt Businesses

As soybeans hit a 10-year low.

Soybean prices fell to the lowest point in almost a decade on Monday, as looming Chinese tariffs threatened to kill off demand from the U.S.’s largest customer.

Futures for July fell 1.2% to $8.48 1/2 a bushel at the Chicago Board of Trade, the lowest close since March 2009.

The market tumbled 15% in June as soybeans, which became a crucial cash crop for beleaguered American farmers in recent years, got caught up in a trade dispute between China and the U.S.

Beijing said it plans to introduce tariffs on U.S. soybean imports starting Friday, part of a package of measures retaliating against the Trump administration’s own threatened duties against hundreds of billions of dollars worth of Chinese goods. Soybean buyers in China—the world’s largest consumer of oilseed, which gobbles up around a third of all the U.S.-grown crop—have sharply slowed their purchases in anticipation of the duties.​

Soybeans Tumble Near 10-Year Low

Disquiet among farmers grew in June as crop prices fell thanks to benevolent U.S. weather and additional duties expected from China on products like soybeans, for which it is the U.S.’s top customer. The total value of this year’s U.S. corn, soybean and wheat crops dropped about $13 billion, or 10%, in June, said Chris Hurt, an agricultural economist at Purdue University. On Monday, U.S. soybean prices continued their downward spiral, heading toward the lowest level in a decade.

The planned tariffs on U.S. soybean exports come as farmers nationwide have boosted plantings of the crop, betting on the oilseeds to deliver stronger returns than corn during a yearslong slump in the farm economy.

For farmers like Mr. Smith, who grows corn and soybeans on 1,500 acres in Cotton Plant, Ark., the 16% decline in soybean prices alone translates into a nearly $100 per-acre drop in the value of his crop. “That’s $100,000 that has disappeared into thin air,” he said. “We were already in the red, and now it’s even worse.”

Researchers at the University of Illinois and Ohio State University estimate that over four years, a 25% tariff on U.S. soybean imports by Beijing would result in an average 87% decline in income for a midsize Illinois grain farm. The loss would pressure farmland prices, they say, prompting a more than $500,000 decline in the farm’s net worth by 2021.

Soybean prices fell to the lowest point in almost a decade on Monday, as looming Chinese tariffs threatened to kill off demand from the U.S.’s largest customer.

Futures for July fell 1.2% to $8.48 1/2 a bushel at the Chicago Board of Trade, the lowest close since March 2009.

The market tumbled 15% in June as soybeans, which became a crucial cash crop for beleaguered American farmers in recent years, got caught up in a trade dispute between China and the U.S.

Beijing said it plans to introduce tariffs on U.S. soybean imports starting Friday, part of a package of measures retaliating against the Trump administration’s own threatened duties against hundreds of billions of dollars worth of Chinese goods. Soybean buyers in China—the world’s largest consumer of oilseed, which gobbles up around a third of all the U.S.-grown crop—have sharply slowed their purchases in anticipation of the duties.​

They think that having a 300 billion dollar a year surplus is a good thing for them.

THey are fighting to keep it.

They are benefiting from selling more to US then they buy. It gets them vast wealth with which to build their country.

They get that vast wealth from US. At our expense.

They think that having a 300 billion dollar a year surplus is a good thing for them.

They are benefiting from selling more to US then they buy. It gets them vast wealth with which to build their country.

Lol at the virtue signaling hypocrites pretending to "care about the farmers."

Your grocery store gets vast wealth at your expense every time you shop there, they think having a surplus with you is good.

You need to stop letting them do that to you, stand up for yourself and demand they start to buy things from you instead of you just buying from them all the time.

How can you let this injustice stand?

Your grocery store gets vast wealth at your expense every time you shop there, they think having a surplus with you is good.

You need to stop letting them do that to you, stand up for yourself and demand they start to buy things from you instead of you just buying from them all the time.

All you just did there, was show that you can make a bad analogy.

Actually it is the perfect analogy. We have a trade deficit because we the people choose to buy things from other countries, the very same reason you have a trade deficit with your grocery store, you choose to buy things from them.

Actually it is the perfect analogy. We have a trade deficit because we the people choose to buy things from other countries, the very same reason you have a trade deficit with your grocery store, you choose to buy things from them.

1. Where is the analogy for the internal production?

2. Where is the analogy for the unfair competition that the grocery store is using to uncut the internal production?

3. Where is the analogy for the middle man making money off the trade?

4. Where is the analog for the lose of revenue to the buyer, by the whole sale act of everyone going to that grocery store?

5. Where is the analogy for some one in charge of the house hold, who's job it is to regulate and order the market to prevent such abuses, who is drunk and passed out in the garage?

6. Where is the analogy for the fact that the grocery shopping is being done on a credit card and is unsustainable?

All you did, was show that you can make bad analogies.

Agricultural products is one of America's largest exports, and China is one of America's largest export markets. Trump's Trade War and trade taxes are beginning to hurt in states that supported him in the last election.

The U.S.-China trade spat is cutting into the flow of soybeans, pork and other commodities from U.S. farms to one of the world’s biggest markets.

Since early April, when China announced tariffs on some U.S. agricultural goods and threatened to target others, Chinese importers have canceled purchases of corn and cut orders for pork while dramatically reducing new soybean purchases, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data. Chinese importers’ new orders of sorghum, a grain used in animal feed, have dwindled while cancellations increased.

The chill in agricultural trade is sending jitters through the U.S. Farm Belt, which for years has dispatched farmers on trade missions to cultivate the Chinese market.

“As the summer persists and if nothing’s been resolved, it will start showing up as a pretty big hole in U.S. exports, ” said Soren Schroder, chief executive of Bunge Ltd., one of the world’s largest processors and traders of soybeans. ...

“If [the Chinese] market closes, it could be devastating for local communities across the Midwest,” Sen. Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa) said in a statement.​

U.S. Farmers Are Already Suffering From Lost Chinese Orders for Corn, Soybeans and Pork

Ya see there ? !!! Gonna starve them yeller muffukz to death !!! God Blass tRump !
The rest of the world is shitholes that caint produce no soybeans, pork and other commodities like ol Numero Uno ! ( they aint got no Mezkins to pick neether)

Starve the rich people, perhaps, as they're the ones who buy the foreign products. The poor eat rice or noodles.

Agricultural products is one of America's largest exports, and China is one of America's largest export markets. Trump's Trade War and trade taxes are beginning to hurt in states that supported him in the last election.

The U.S.-China trade spat is cutting into the flow of soybeans, pork and other commodities from U.S. farms to one of the world’s biggest markets.

Since early April, when China announced tariffs on some U.S. agricultural goods and threatened to target others, Chinese importers have canceled purchases of corn and cut orders for pork while dramatically reducing new soybean purchases, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data. Chinese importers’ new orders of sorghum, a grain used in animal feed, have dwindled while cancellations increased.

The chill in agricultural trade is sending jitters through the U.S. Farm Belt, which for years has dispatched farmers on trade missions to cultivate the Chinese market.

“As the summer persists and if nothing’s been resolved, it will start showing up as a pretty big hole in U.S. exports, ” said Soren Schroder, chief executive of Bunge Ltd., one of the world’s largest processors and traders of soybeans. ...

“If [the Chinese] market closes, it could be devastating for local communities across the Midwest,” Sen. Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa) said in a statement.​

U.S. Farmers Are Already Suffering From Lost Chinese Orders for Corn, Soybeans and Pork
/-----/ So you're picking the winners and losers. What about the $35,000 Chink tariff on Buicks?
trade wars are not capitalism, either. just more "regulation".

1. Where is the analogy for the internal production?

2. Where is the analogy for the unfair competition that the grocery store is using to uncut the internal production?

3. Where is the analogy for the middle man making money off the trade?

4. Where is the analog for the lose of revenue to the buyer, by the whole sale act of everyone going to that grocery store?

5. Where is the analogy for some one in charge of the house hold, who's job it is to regulate and order the market to prevent such abuses, who is drunk and passed out in the garage?

6. Where is the analogy for the fact that the grocery shopping is being done on a credit card and is unsustainable?

All you did, was show that you can make bad analogies.

Your analogies are all bad analogies.

The problem is Trump thinking that he can undo overnight the thousands of international trade deals that have been set in place since nafta came into being and expect no serious repurcussions. He's becoming the bull in the china shop . Let's admit it Trump fans, we've probably created a monster electing his guy.

And there it is at last, the first sensible post about trade.

Forum List

Back