US Farmers Losing Market Share in China

So Monsanto will make less profits....
ZZZzzzz

Nope, they will still charge the same amount for their seeds and other items. THe farmers will make less profit, but who really cares about them anyhow.

Nope... only 14% of corn grown in America is exported. And that is to 70 different countries.
China is the largest of that, but we are only talking single percentages here...like 2 or 3 %...tops.
This is nothing but hyperbole.

ZZZzzzz

Nope, they will still charge the same amount for their seeds and other items. THe farmers will make less profit, but who really cares about them anyhow.

Nope... only 14% of corn grown in America is exported. And that is to 70 different countries.
China is the largest of that, but we are only talking single percentages here...like 2 or 3 %...tops.

Corn, soybeans, sorghum...just to name a few.

What do you suppose happens to the domestic grain market when all that extra grain is dumped on the us market?

I love how all the "experts" on this forum claim this is no big deal yet the farmers themselves disagree with you, the Ag industry disagrees with you, even the USDA and Pres Trump disagree with you as they are working on ways to alleviate some of the pain this causes the farmers. Sonny stated that Trump himself told him a way to help the farmers.

Perhaps you should tweet Trump and let him know this is no big deal

Agricultural products is one of America's largest exports, and China is one of America's largest export markets. Trump's Trade War and trade taxes are beginning to hurt in states that supported him in the last election.

The U.S.-China trade spat is cutting into the flow of soybeans, pork and other commodities from U.S. farms to one of the world’s biggest markets.

Since early April, when China announced tariffs on some U.S. agricultural goods and threatened to target others, Chinese importers have canceled purchases of corn and cut orders for pork while dramatically reducing new soybean purchases, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data. Chinese importers’ new orders of sorghum, a grain used in animal feed, have dwindled while cancellations increased.

The chill in agricultural trade is sending jitters through the U.S. Farm Belt, which for years has dispatched farmers on trade missions to cultivate the Chinese market.

“As the summer persists and if nothing’s been resolved, it will start showing up as a pretty big hole in U.S. exports, ” said Soren Schroder, chief executive of Bunge Ltd., one of the world’s largest processors and traders of soybeans. ...

“If [the Chinese] market closes, it could be devastating for local communities across the Midwest,” Sen. Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa) said in a statement.​

U.S. Farmers Are Already Suffering From Lost Chinese Orders for Corn, Soybeans and Pork

I figure Trumpis is more concerned with smaller and intermediate producers/farmers than big ag./corporate agriculture and processors/traders.

Big Agriculture and Democrats.. strange bedfellows .. :highfive: .. not really

Why Corporate Agriculture is a Problem | COC

And the small to intermediate farmers are the ones this will hurt the most. They are the ones that are never more than one bad season from bankruptcy.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Why would they be hurt in your opinion, I would figure they cater to products sold local or regionally for American consumers mostly...

Small farmers don’t cater to regional product. They look for a reliable pay check. One crop and done works for people who want reliable income.

ZZZzzzz

What do you suppose happens to the domestic grain market when all that extra grain is dumped on the us market?

I love how all the "experts" on this forum claim this is no big deal yet the farmers themselves disagree with you, the Ag industry disagrees with you, even the USDA and Pres Trump disagree with you as they are working on ways to alleviate some of the pain this causes the farmers. Sonny stated that Trump himself told him a way to help the farmers.

Doesn't hold a candle to the damage done by Agri-Business and Democrats.

Agricultural products is one of America's largest exports, and China is one of America's largest export markets. Trump's Trade War and trade taxes are beginning to hurt in states that supported him in the last election.

The U.S.-China trade spat is cutting into the flow of soybeans, pork and other commodities from U.S. farms to one of the world’s biggest markets.

Since early April, when China announced tariffs on some U.S. agricultural goods and threatened to target others, Chinese importers have canceled purchases of corn and cut orders for pork while dramatically reducing new soybean purchases, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data. Chinese importers’ new orders of sorghum, a grain used in animal feed, have dwindled while cancellations increased.

The chill in agricultural trade is sending jitters through the U.S. Farm Belt, which for years has dispatched farmers on trade missions to cultivate the Chinese market.

“As the summer persists and if nothing’s been resolved, it will start showing up as a pretty big hole in U.S. exports, ” said Soren Schroder, chief executive of Bunge Ltd., one of the world’s largest processors and traders of soybeans. ...

“If [the Chinese] market closes, it could be devastating for local communities across the Midwest,” Sen. Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa) said in a statement.​

U.S. Farmers Are Already Suffering From Lost Chinese Orders for Corn, Soybeans and Pork

I figure Trumpis is more concerned with smaller and intermediate producers/farmers than big ag./corporate agriculture and processors/traders.

Big Agriculture and Democrats.. strange bedfellows .. :highfive: .. not really

Why Corporate Agriculture is a Problem | COC

And the small to intermediate farmers are the ones this will hurt the most. They are the ones that are never more than one bad season from bankruptcy.

Why would they be hurt in your opinion, I would figure they cater to products sold local or regionally for American consumers mostly...

Small farmers don’t cater to regional product. They look for a reliable pay check. One crop and done works for people who want reliable income.

Small farmers sell their crops to the same people large one do. A soybean farmer with 10 acres sells his soybeans on the same market as one with 10000 acres

ZZZzzzz

That was a quick change of direction. :21::21::21::290968001256257790-final:

Went from no damage to "less than...." in record time!

ZZZzzzz

Monsanto is a problem to be sure, but not being able to sell your crop will end the farmers.

ZZZzzzz

Monsanto is a problem to be sure, but not being able to sell your crop will end the farmers.

Again hyperbole.
Again... only 14% of corn in America is exported. And that is to 70 countries.
Take out a few percentages out of ONLY China's and it amounts to not a helluva lot overall.
No farmer is faced with "not selling his crops". :rolleyes:

ZZZzzzz

Monsanto is a problem????
Try the end of family farms across the nation.

Again hyperbole.
Take out a few percentages out of ONLY China's and it amounts to not a helluva lot overall.

Do you have any connection to the Ag industry. Have you spoken with anyone from the Ag industry that agrees with your views?

Again hyperbole.

Do you have any connection to the Ag industry. Have you spoken with anyone from the Ag industry that agrees with your views?

have you?
All I am doing is giving you actual numbers for perspective. You can make up your own mind if you think single digit percentage drops is the end of the world.
Anytime someone from the investor side of the industry comes out "defending" the family farm you should be very suspect. They couldn't give a rat's ass about the family farmer. In fact, they have nearly wiped out the family farms themselves.

Again hyperbole.

have you?
All I am doing is giving you actual numbers for perspective. You can make up your own mind if you think single digit percentage drops is the end of the world.
Anytime someone from the investor side of the industry comes out "defending" the family farm you should be very suspect. They couldn't give a rat's ass about the family farmer. In fact, they have nearly wiped out the family farms themselves.

It is what I do for a living, I am a statistician in the Ag industry. I speak with farmers on a weekly basis, and I have not spoken to a single one that is not worried about the trade war.

We started this year with more surplus corn and beans from last year than expected, which drives down the price farmers receive for their crops. Take away a major market and dump that product on the US markets and the prices drop even more. Soybeans are a much larger problem now than corn. Roughly 25% of the us Soybean crop makes it way to China. This year more soybeans were planned to be planted than corn, for only the third time in the history of the country. If that holds true and we lose the Chinese market the soybean price will drop to where nobody makes any more selling them. The late spring makes it likely that soybeans will indeed outpace the acreage of corn. All those things mixed together are a recipe for disaster for farmers.

The Sec of Ag speaking to farmers in Michigan (I think it was) said that Trump himself told him to find a way to mitigate some of the pain the farmers will be feeling. Pretty much everyone but the partisans on this board think this will be bad for the farmers.

Again hyperbole.

have you?

It is what I do for a living, I am a statistician in the Ag industry. I speak with farmers on a weekly basis, and I have not spoken to a single one that is not worried about the trade war.

We started this year with more surplus corn and beans from last year than expected, which drives down the price farmers receive for their crops. Take away a major market and dump that product on the US markets and the prices drop even more. Soybeans are a much larger problem now than corn. Roughly 25% of the us Soybean crop makes it way to China. This year more soybeans were planned to be planted than corn, for only the third time in the history of the country. If that holds true and we lose the Chinese market the soybean price will drop to where nobody makes any more selling them. The late spring makes it likely that soybeans will indeed outpace the acreage of corn. All those things mixed together are a recipe for disaster for farmers.

The Sec of Ag speaking to farmers in Michigan (I think it was) said that Trump himself told him to find a way to mitigate some of the pain the farmers will be feeling. Pretty much everyone but the partisans on this board think this will be bad for the farmers.

Congratulations.
I ain't buying it.
Anytime there is even a whisper of change in anything in the investor markets...outcome the doomsayers every time. If there is one thing China can count on in winning a trade war with the U.S. is the media is on their side....100%.
China cheats us, screws us and steals from us.

--LOL

virtually non of the corn is planted through the midwest because of the late spring ya retard

right now the rush is to try and find short term seed

i understand you want and need for the farmer to fail

so you can blame trump

Actually what the late spring means is that even more acres of Soybeans will be planted, making the trade war even harder on the farmers.

Right now corn is only 10% behind the 5 year average, and there was a 12% jump last week so they are catching up. The 2017 number is an outlier as it was an incredibly early spring and the farmers took advantage of it.

Planting progress right now is mirroring 2015, the last late spring.

I don't want or need the farmer to fail, I work in the Ag industry, my very livelihood is tied to the farmers. That is why Trump's trade war pisses me off so much.

And if you do not think that the farmers are no concerned about it, that is because you have not spoken to any farmers.

Actually what the late spring means is that even more acres of Soybeans will be planted

reposted

you do not know what the fuck you are talking about

beans require more btu days then corn

mods if you need to delete this post again go ahead --LOL

60 to a 100 days to mature

while soy

is 95 to 150 days

So, according to today's Crop Progress report from the USDA corn is now 45% planted and Soy Beans are 13% planted. Both are now back on track with the 5 year average.

Want to tell me again how beans are planted before corn?

who said before corn fuck face

sure go try again

Corn Planting Map | Agweb.com

You did when you attacked me for saying that beans are planted later than corn. You are a fraud

hey dummy your own link shows that corn and beans are being planted at the same time

Again hyperbole.

have you?

Congratulations.
I ain't buying it.
Anytime there is even a whisper of change in anything in the investor markets...outcome the doomsayers every time. If there is one thing China can count on in winning a trade war with the U.S. is the media is on their side....100%.

That is the great thing about our country. People are allowed to ignore facts and remain ignorant in their prejudices.

Again hyperbole.

have you?

Congratulations.
I ain't buying it.

That is the great thing about our country. People are allowed to ignore facts and remain ignorant in their prejudices.

That is very refreshing for someone to admit fault.... you got some respect from me for that.

Actually what the late spring means is that even more acres of Soybeans will be planted, making the trade war even harder on the farmers.

Right now corn is only 10% behind the 5 year average, and there was a 12% jump last week so they are catching up. The 2017 number is an outlier as it was an incredibly early spring and the farmers took advantage of it.

Planting progress right now is mirroring 2015, the last late spring.

I don't want or need the farmer to fail, I work in the Ag industry, my very livelihood is tied to the farmers. That is why Trump's trade war pisses me off so much.

And if you do not think that the farmers are no concerned about it, that is because you have not spoken to any farmers.

Actually what the late spring means is that even more acres of Soybeans will be planted

reposted

while soy

is 95 to 150 days

So, according to today's Crop Progress report from the USDA corn is now 45% planted and Soy Beans are 13% planted. Both are now back on track with the 5 year average.

sure go try again

You did when you attacked me for saying that beans are planted later than corn. You are a fraud

hey dummy your own link shows that corn and beans are being planted at the same time

So in your little partisan world 45% is the same as 13% well that explains a lot.

Let me help you out here the beans are at a lower percent because the starting time for their planting was later than the corn

have you?

Congratulations.
I ain't buying it.

That is very refreshing for someone to admit fault.... you got some respect from me for that.

One of us has listed facts the other one has no ties to the Ag industry and has ignored the facts.

Damn shame your partisanship will not ever let you admit you have no clue what you are talking about

reposted

while soy

is 95 to 150 days

sure go try again

So in your little partisan world 45% is the same as 13% well that explains a lot.

Let me help you out here the beans are at a lower percent because the starting time for their planting was later than the corn

yes retard who know the circumstances as to why the numbers are what they are

fact is your link clearly demonstrated that corn and soy do get planted at the same time

--LOL nope

the real factor is the temp of the ground

to plant beans it is desired to to have the next two days after planting be at or above 50 degrees

farmers want them in as soon as possible because you get much better yields

but thanks for playing along --LOL

you can have the last say retard

Just face the fact the trade deficit went down and and exports are at all time high. Not get back in your cry closet and pout.

Exports rose in March to a record $208.5 billion, led by shipments of civilian aircraft and soybeans. Imports slipped 1.8 percent to $257.5 billion.

I never claimed otherwise, and I am still laughing my ass off at you for posting an article that quoted the Bush admin. :21::21::21::21::290968001256257790-final:

I'm just thankful that under Trump polio has been almost eradicated in the United States.

Forum List

Back