US aircraft carriers in worst shape in decades

Sweden has diesel electric subs that can stay submerged for weeks without charging. They have 5 and recently they gave the surface Navy fits trying to find them.

Were they conducting the exercise in the south Pacific? Coastal use not far from home means nothing.

Defense of your coast doesn't seem like nothing. Sweden typically doesn't meddle as much in the affairs of others.

So you want to demand that everyone else leave us alone. And when we need something, we go and take it by force because we need it?

And you don't see any problem with this?

I don’t believe there’s anything we need that we don’t already have here in the USA. In fact I think we could get rid of some things... Puerto Rico, Fuam, the Virgin Islands, etc...

However, in the unlikely event that there was something, say oil, that we needed and didn’t have enough of, we would seek to obtain it from a nearby source, say Canada. I mean, it’s not like they’re really doing anything with that land up there. Of course the Canadians would likely resist, which would require eradicating them.

Sweden has diesel electric subs that can stay submerged for weeks without charging. They have 5 and recently they gave the surface Navy fits trying to find them.

Were they conducting the exercise in the south Pacific? Coastal use not far from home means nothing.

Defense of your coast doesn't seem like nothing. Sweden typically doesn't meddle as much in the affairs of others.

My God, you are thick!

We don't need them.

:banana2:
So you want to demand that everyone else leave us alone. And when we need something, we go and take it by force because we need it?

And you don't see any problem with this?

I don’t believe there’s anything we need that we don’t already have here in the USA. In fact I think we could get rid of some things... Puerto Rico, Fuam, the Virgin Islands, etc...

However, in the unlikely event that there was something, say oil, that we needed and didn’t have enough of, we would seek to obtain it from a nearby source, say Canada. I mean, it’s not like they’re really doing anything with that land up there. Of course the Canadians would likely resist, which would require eradicating them.

Fuam?

My God, you are thick!

We don't need them.

I never said we did. Maybe that reading comprehension course at auburn didn't do as much as you thought.

But not every nation uses their navy the same way we do.

My God, you are thick!

We don't need them.

I never said we did. Maybe that reading comprehension course at auburn didn't do as much as you thought.

I asked you a question. Do you know what a question is? Take "a second" and see if can figure it out.

My God, you are thick!

We don't need them.

I asked you a question. Do you know what a question is? Take "a second" and see if can figure it out.

I ignored the question about conducting exercises in the South Pacific. It was irrelevant to Sweden’s use of diesel subs. And I simply pointed out that Sweden using them to defend their coast didn’t seem like nothing. A boat that is incredibly hard to find makes a very credible threat.

[QUOTE="Admiral Rockwell Tory”]Faum?[/QUOTE]

Again, nice to see you admit you have no counter argument by focusing on a typographical error.

I do most of my posting on a cell phone, and my fingers tend to miss their intended targets fairly regularly as I try to type at the same speed I’m thinking. It’s fine in a regular keyboard but not so great on the phone. If the errors offend you so much, please feel free to put me on ignore.

Obama did a tremendous amount of damage to our country, especially the military.

It will take awhile to fix what he broke.

Thank god Crooked Hillary didn't win because then it would have been worse.

[QUOTE="Admiral Rockwell Tory, post: 20903563”]Guam?

Again, nice to see you admit you have no counter argument by focusing on a typographical error.

I do most of my posting on a cell phone, and my fingers tend to miss their intended targets fairly regularly as I try to type at the same speed I’m thinking. It’s fine in a regular keyboard but not so great on the phone. If the errors offend you so much, please feel free to put me on ignore.[/QUOTE]

He’s spent the majority of the thread seeking validation of his self professed experience on the subject matter (on an anonymous message board no less); and precious little effort demonstrating any modern relevance of his purported experience in the face of new technology.
Not typically the behavior one would ascribe to an “expert in the field”...

Submarines could be entirely electric. Then, no noise, no ir.
Many and small is the ticket.
Big and expensive is ego satisfying for captains and admirals.
Engaging and destroying the opposition is impressive to enemies.
Japan had the two biggest battle ships ever built.

[QUOTE="Admiral Rockwell Tory”]Faum?

I do most of my posting on a cell phone, and my fingers tend to miss their intended targets fairly regularly as I try to type at the same speed I’m thinking. It’s fine in a regular keyboard but not so great on the phone. If the errors offend you so much, please feel free to put me on ignore.[/QUOTE]

Naah! I could never put you o ignore. I love laughing at your pathetic attempts at rational discussion too much to do that!

Fat fingers affect your reading ability? Who knew?

My God, you are thick!

We don't need them.

I ignored the question about conducting exercises in the South Pacific. It was irrelevant to Sweden’s use of diesel subs. And I simply pointed out that Sweden using them to defend their coast didn’t seem like nothing. A boat that is incredibly hard to find makes a very credible threat.

If we were doing exercises in Long Island Sound, it would make sense for us to have diesel-electric subs. Since we don't, ...

BTW, have you ever heard of a diesel-boats arch enemy? It's called active sonar. Maybe you have heard of it.

Submarines could be entirely electric. Then, no noise, no ir.
Many and small is the ticket.
Big and expensive is ego satisfying for captains and admirals.
Engaging and destroying the opposition is impressive to enemies.
Japan had the two biggest battle ships ever built.

Entirely electric? Where are you getting the power to generate the electricity?

You don't have a clue, do you?

5bad0df4fc7e93444f8b45fa.jpg

Thank you Obama. Your efforts to weaken America seem to have worked out as you planned.

Analysis of deployment data for the past 50 years show that the US Navy currently has fewer carriers than ever, the United States Naval Institute (USNI) reported Wednesday. Only 15 percent of them were committed to operational deployments this year, compared to a 28 percent average for the rest of the era of the War on Terror. For 22 days this summer the Navy did not have a single aircraft carrier group underway anywhere in the world – the longest such gap in the entire 50 years studied.

The report says the Navy faces a significant challenge, as it needs to return its aircraft carrier force into good shape while preserving their global presence at a level that would not compromise US military dominance.

Much more of this @ Crumbling dominance: US aircraft carriers in worst shape in decades - report

U.S. Aircraft Carrier Deployments Are At A 25 Year Low @ War News Updates: U.S. Aircraft Carrier Deployments Are At A 25 Year Low & Aircraft Carrier Deployments at 25 Year Low as Navy Struggles to Reset Force
Trumps been office how long now? His war ships now!

My God, you are thick!

We don't need them.

If we were doing exercises in Long Island Sound, it would make sense for us to have diesel-electric subs. Since we don't, ...

BTW, have you ever heard of a diesel-boats arch enemy? It's called active sonar. Maybe you have heard of it.

Yes, I have heard of it. It makes you an excellent target.

Also, there is a range limitation for sonar. If you know there is a sub in the area, it is great. Also, subs can sit on the bottom and confuse active sonar.

My God, you are thick!

We don't need them.

Yes, I have heard of it. It makes you an excellent target.

Also, there is a range limitation for sonar. If you know there is a sub in the area, it is great. Also, subs can sit on the bottom and confuse active sonar.

You are so full of shit! What was your rating while on the sub? SK was it? I think you have watched too many WWII movies and think those rules still apply.

Active sonar kills diesel subs because they have no defense. It does not make the surface ship a target. Also, there are these little things called sonobuoys that work exceptionally well. Those can be active too, you know!

Without getting into classified information, it is readily apparent that you are simply talking out of your ass.

That Only applies to the Republicans; they can't do it.

So you believe the Articke and Section of the Constitution thst lays out and limits the Powers of Congress only applies to Republicans? That’s interesting.

They COULD d it. They’re just simply Leftist hacks like their brethren in the Democratic Party and unwilling to live within their prescribed limits.
LOL. Yes, it is called, the Republican Doctrine.

Forum List

Back