US aircraft carriers in worst shape in decades

5bad0df4fc7e93444f8b45fa.jpg

Thank you Obama. Your efforts to weaken America seem to have worked out as you planned.

Analysis of deployment data for the past 50 years show that the US Navy currently has fewer carriers than ever, the United States Naval Institute (USNI) reported Wednesday. Only 15 percent of them were committed to operational deployments this year, compared to a 28 percent average for the rest of the era of the War on Terror. For 22 days this summer the Navy did not have a single aircraft carrier group underway anywhere in the world – the longest such gap in the entire 50 years studied.

The report says the Navy faces a significant challenge, as it needs to return its aircraft carrier force into good shape while preserving their global presence at a level that would not compromise US military dominance.

Much more of this @ Crumbling dominance: US aircraft carriers in worst shape in decades - report

U.S. Aircraft Carrier Deployments Are At A 25 Year Low @ War News Updates: U.S. Aircraft Carrier Deployments Are At A 25 Year Low & Aircraft Carrier Deployments at 25 Year Low as Navy Struggles to Reset Force

They're still shaped the same as always. long and flat.

The Obama reference aside, I beg to differ.. The article makes a quantum leap in assumption by claiming "U.S. Carriers are in he worst shape in decades" based on the number of deployments. I ain't got a freaking clue why Reuters would make up a story like this. It isn't hard to find references to the new Nimitz class Gerald Ford as well as the USS Reagan and the Carl Vinson. Despite the 8 years of the Obama administration the U.S. remains the greatest Naval fighting force that the world has ever seen.
Some are getting old..........and getting more expensive to keep them going...........time to replace some.

There are electrical potentials between layers of ocean waters. There are these things called 'solar panels' that efficiently transform light into electricity. There are hydrogen storage tanks...
There are lots of 'clues' as how to make a submarine independently electric, silent and 'cool'. It would require a little imagination, though. Some have it, others....

If it could be done, it would have been done.
This quote demonstrates perfectly the antiquated nature of your knowledge, and experience. You’re a dinosaur, desperately trying to attain street cred on an anonymous message board. Kinda sad...

So, let's see your examples of this technology! Opps! It doesn't exist!

I really want to see a solar powered submarine! Didn't you work for Solyndra at one time?

Next stupid assertion from the ignorant among us!

You are so full of shit! What was your rating while on the sub? SK was it? I think you have watched too many WWII movies and think those rules still apply.

Active sonar kills diesel subs because they have no defense. It does not make the surface ship a target. Also, there are these little things called sonobuoys that work exceptionally well. Those can be active too, you know!

Without getting into classified information, it is readily apparent that you are simply talking out of your ass.

Active sonar can indeed make a surface ship a target. The diesel sub is no more vulnerable to sonar than a nuke boat. And I guarantee that the sun already knows where the surface fleet ships are, because of the noise they make.

And sonobuoys are great. But I know for a fact that they have a very limited range. You have to know where to deploy them, so you have to have a good idea where the sub is before you put them out there.

Just curious, where & when did you earn your dolphins?

Again, you are using WWII tactics and technology for your assessment. Punt, Bama, punt!

USS John C. Calhoun (SSBN-630) Gold 1980.

“Punt, Bama, punt”? That was in 1972. You might look to something a bit more recent.

But my favorite part of the last decade is that auburn won y’alls 2nd national championship and Alabama has won 5 national championships.

Kick six?
I heard Auburn has a large trophy case full of ALMOST TROPHIES........they almost beat Alabama.........LOL

No. Auburn did beat Alabama and Georgia last year, the two teams that met in the national championship game.

If Saban blows another Iron Bowl, he can win as many national championships as he wants, but people at Bama will start calling for his head!

There are electrical potentials between layers of ocean waters. There are these things called 'solar panels' that efficiently transform light into electricity. There are hydrogen storage tanks...
There are lots of 'clues' as how to make a submarine independently electric, silent and 'cool'. It would require a little imagination, though. Some have it, others....

This quote demonstrates perfectly the antiquated nature of your knowledge, and experience. You’re a dinosaur, desperately trying to attain street cred on an anonymous message board. Kinda sad...

I really want to see a solar powered submarine! Didn't you work for Solyndra at one time?

Solar?! What the fuck are you prattling on about now? Senility...

Obama did a tremendous amount of damage to our country, especially the military.

It will take awhile to fix what he broke.

Thank god Crooked Hillary didn't win because then it would have been worse.

Obama gave the military 600 Billion a year, and they couldn't keep the aircraft carriers in shape, that's kind of on them, isn't it?

The real problem, of course, is that after 17 years of a war on an emotional state, people just don't want to sign up anymore.

Active sonar can indeed make a surface ship a target. The diesel sub is no more vulnerable to sonar than a nuke boat. And I guarantee that the sun already knows where the surface fleet ships are, because of the noise they make.

And sonobuoys are great. But I know for a fact that they have a very limited range. You have to know where to deploy them, so you have to have a good idea where the sub is before you put them out there.

Just curious, where & when did you earn your dolphins?

Again, you are using WWII tactics and technology for your assessment. Punt, Bama, punt!

USS John C. Calhoun (SSBN-630) Gold 1980.

“Punt, Bama, punt”? That was in 1972. You might look to something a bit more recent.

But my favorite part of the last decade is that auburn won y’alls 2nd national championship and Alabama has won 5 national championships.

Kick six?
I heard Auburn has a large trophy case full of ALMOST TROPHIES........they almost beat Alabama.........LOL

No. Auburn did beat Alabama and Georgia last year, the two teams that met in the national championship game.

If Saban blows another Iron Bowl, he can win as many national championships as he wants, but people at Bama will start calling for his head!

If he loses another Iron Bowl people will most certainly not be calling for his head. He has built the best dynasty in the history of college football. He is the best coach in college football. He isn't going anywhere unless he wants to go.

And yes, auburn best Bama last year. And since 2009, someone has beaten Bama every year. But Bama won the National Championship. Again.

One of my posts wound him up. Without imagination, he can't cope with "out of the box" ideas and has to insult to distract.

Can't read the thread? Not my problem.

One of my posts wound him up. Without imagination, he can't cope with "out of the box" ideas and has to insult to distract.

I insult people who are stupid. Most of the time they are so stupid they don't even recognize it.

I need only bother at the moment with reading your response to me. Your failure to differentiate statements made by separate posters is your problem. And your problem alone. You’re a joke. And as the combined results of this thread indicate; no takes you seriously. Nor have you given anyone reason to.

I insult people who are stupid. Most of the time they are so stupid they don't even recognize it.
You insult because you seek validation, and status. Something you failed to achieve in the Navy (if you ever actually served); and are now relegated to seeking it on anonymous message boards...

I need only bother at the moment with reading your response to me. Your failure to differentiate statements made by separate posters is your problem. And your problem alone. You’re a joke. And as the combined results of this thread indicate; no takes you seriously. Nor have you given anyone reason to.

I didn't differentiate because you are all laughable!

I find it funny that you say I am a joke when others, which you apparently do not read, have posted information that agrees with my position.

That is a testament to your ignorance and lack of reading skills. Once again, you are starting to bore me. Got anything else other than that? If not, off to iggy land for you!

You insult because you seek validation, and status. Something you failed to achieve in the Navy (if you ever actually served); and are now relegated to seeking it on anonymous message boards...

I am sorry that you seem to think that I was a failure. Your jealousy of my accomplishments are readily apparent. What exactly did you accomplish in life? Have you moved out of Mom's basement yet?

I didn't differentiate because you are all laughable!

I find it funny that you say I am a joke when others, which you apparently do not read, have posted information that agrees with my position.

That is a testament to your ignorance and lack of reading skills. Once again, you are starting to bore me. Got anything else other than that? If not, off to iggy land for you!
Struck a nerve. I see I was right. You may now return to jerking your meat to reruns of Das Boot, and Hunt for Red October...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back