US aircraft carriers in worst shape in decades

IdI take a guess at underwater listening devices. Accustic mines which is a guess and used in places like the GIUK gap

I ignored the question about conducting exercises in the South Pacific. It was irrelevant to Sweden’s use of diesel subs. And I simply pointed out that Sweden using them to defend their coast didn’t seem like nothing. A boat that is incredibly hard to find makes a very credible threat.

If we were doing exercises in Long Island Sound, it would make sense for us to have diesel-electric subs. Since we don't, ...

BTW, have you ever heard of a diesel-boats arch enemy? It's called active sonar. Maybe you have heard of it.

Yes, I have heard of it. It makes you an excellent target.

Also, there is a range limitation for sonar. If you know there is a sub in the area, it is great. Also, subs can sit on the bottom and confuse active sonar.

You are so full of shit! What was your rating while on the sub? SK was it? I think you have watched too many WWII movies and think those rules still apply.

Active sonar kills diesel subs because they have no defense. It does not make the surface ship a target. Also, there are these little things called sonobuoys that work exceptionally well. Those can be active too, you know!

Without getting into classified information, it is readily apparent that you are simply talking out of your ass.

Active sonar can indeed make a surface ship a target. The diesel sub is no more vulnerable to sonar than a nuke boat. And I guarantee that the sun already knows where the surface fleet ships are, because of the noise they make.

And sonobuoys are great. But I know for a fact that they have a very limited range. You have to know where to deploy them, so you have to have a good idea where the sub is before you put them out there.

Just curious, where & when did you earn your dolphins?

Again, you are using WWII tactics and technology for your assessment. Punt, Bama, punt!

USS John C. Calhoun (SSBN-630) Gold 1980.

“Punt, Bama, punt”? That was in 1972. You might look to something a bit more recent.

But my favorite part of the last decade is that auburn won y’alls 2nd national championship and Alabama has won 5 national championships.

There are electrical potentials between layers of ocean waters. There are these things called 'solar panels' that efficiently transform light into electricity. There are hydrogen storage tanks...
There are lots of 'clues' as how to make a submarine independently electric, silent and 'cool'. It would require a little imagination, though. Some have it, others....

The right wing has no real agenda other than cutting taxes. Tax cut economics.

Not at all; There is no "war on crime, drugs, or terror" if the right wing refuses to pay wartime tax rates for them. Nothing but right wing propaganda concerning, Discretionary not Entitlement Spending.

Wars on crime, drugs, and terror require wartime tax rates, not tax cut economics.

Exactly what is “wartime tax rates”?
In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

So capitalism is strictly a peacetime economic model? Horseshit.
actually, yes, it is.

WWII brought us out of the Great Recession and it was through command economics, not capitalism.

Capitalism can, simply not be trusted, when it is really really important.

Your economic ignorance is only exceeded by your desire to share it with the rest of us. During the run up to and through World War II, the U.S. government purchased massive amounts of war materials which stimulated our capitalist system. In addition, the war took 12 million men and women out of the work force. That is what finally ended the Great Depression. American capitalism created, in four short years, more war materials than was created by all other participants in the war.
Command economics.

They were Told what to produce and had a reliable consumer.

The American command economy won the war. It was so rich it could play the game of further enriching capitalists while poor people's children died.
The U.S. outproduced all the other nations largely because they were bombed flat.
Reconstructing the rest of the world after the war increased U.S. economic power. Arms and war are rat holes for money; they don't end economic problems.

The American command economy won the war. It was so rich it could play the game of further enriching capitalists while poor people's children died.
The U.S. outproduced all the other nations largely because they were bombed flat.
Reconstructing the rest of the world after the war increased U.S. economic power. Arms and war are rat holes for money; they don't end economic problems.
The right wing is willing justify anyThing and everyThing for the common defense but not the General Welfare.

If we were doing exercises in Long Island Sound, it would make sense for us to have diesel-electric subs. Since we don't, ...

BTW, have you ever heard of a diesel-boats arch enemy? It's called active sonar. Maybe you have heard of it.

Also, there is a range limitation for sonar. If you know there is a sub in the area, it is great. Also, subs can sit on the bottom and confuse active sonar.

You are so full of shit! What was your rating while on the sub? SK was it? I think you have watched too many WWII movies and think those rules still apply.

Active sonar kills diesel subs because they have no defense. It does not make the surface ship a target. Also, there are these little things called sonobuoys that work exceptionally well. Those can be active too, you know!

Without getting into classified information, it is readily apparent that you are simply talking out of your ass.

Active sonar can indeed make a surface ship a target. The diesel sub is no more vulnerable to sonar than a nuke boat. And I guarantee that the sun already knows where the surface fleet ships are, because of the noise they make.

And sonobuoys are great. But I know for a fact that they have a very limited range. You have to know where to deploy them, so you have to have a good idea where the sub is before you put them out there.

Again, you are using WWII tactics and technology for your assessment. Punt, Bama, punt!

“Punt, Bama, punt”? That was in 1972. You might look to something a bit more recent.

But my favorite part of the last decade is that auburn won y’alls 2nd national championship and Alabama has won 5 national championships.

Kick six?

There are electrical potentials between layers of ocean waters. There are these things called 'solar panels' that efficiently transform light into electricity. There are hydrogen storage tanks...
There are lots of 'clues' as how to make a submarine independently electric, silent and 'cool'. It would require a little imagination, though. Some have it, others....

Some have it, others live in the real world where things like hydrogen goes "boom" and the sun's light doesn't penetrate deep into the oceans where submarines live.

Get some engineering experience before you shoot off your mouth again. If it could be done, it would have been done.

All you are doing is proving your ignorance.

The right wing is willing justify anyThing and everyThing for the common defense but not the General Welfare.

General Welfare does not mean TANF, but you knew that, didn't you?

Kick six?

Better.

Welfare for the poor and unwilling; isn’t the General Welfare. It benefits only a specific group. Not everyone...

Exactly what is “wartime tax rates”?
In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

So capitalism is strictly a peacetime economic model? Horseshit.
actually, yes, it is.

WWII brought us out of the Great Recession and it was through command economics, not capitalism.

Capitalism can, simply not be trusted, when it is really really important.

Your economic ignorance is only exceeded by your desire to share it with the rest of us. During the run up to and through World War II, the U.S. government purchased massive amounts of war materials which stimulated our capitalist system. In addition, the war took 12 million men and women out of the work force. That is what finally ended the Great Depression. American capitalism created, in four short years, more war materials than was created by all other participants in the war.
Command economics.

They were Told what to produce and had a reliable consumer.

No command economics. No one was ordered to produce anything. Government controlled and allocated strategic resources, but the vast majority of war goods were produced by contracts, between government and willing suppliers. Many non military consumer goods were stopped by edict, but the manufacturers were already directing their production to the much more lucrative military needs.

If it could be done, it would have been done.
This quote demonstrates perfectly the antiquated nature of your knowledge, and experience. You’re a dinosaur, desperately trying to attain street cred on an anonymous message board. Kinda sad...

Welfare for the poor and unwilling; isn’t the General Welfare. It benefits only a specific group. Not everyone...
General means just that; it is not major or specific or common.

General Welfare does not mean TANF, but you knew that, didn't you?
It is a General power; it means whatever Congress claims it is supposed to mean.

Better solutions at lower cost!

The defense is not truly "common"; it is disproportionate. Certain interests and class segments benefit and profit much more from what the populace in general provides in security. This is conveniently forgotten when it comes to parting out the fruits of America's wealth.

Everything done today is something that hadn't been done or thought of before.
It is exactly thinking like the past that destroys the present and prevents a future.

Kick six?
I heard Auburn has a large trophy case full of ALMOST TROPHIES........they almost beat Alabama.........LOL

The defense is not truly "common"; it is disproportionate. Certain interests and class segments benefit and profit much more from what the populace in general provides in security. This is conveniently forgotten when it comes to parting out the fruits of America's wealth.
the right wing complains about general welfare services not common offense or general warfare services.

The Obama reference aside, I beg to differ.. The article makes a quantum leap in assumption by claiming "U.S. Carriers are in he worst shape in decades" based on the number of deployments. I ain't got a freaking clue why Reuters would make up a story like this. It isn't hard to find references to the new Nimitz class Gerald Ford as well as the USS Reagan and the Carl Vinson. Despite the 8 years of the Obama administration the U.S. remains the greatest Naval fighting force that the world has ever seen.

Forum List

Back