Zone1 Urim and Thummim

Where does it say it ended? And if it did, why did it end? Because Hebrews was written later by Paul with the two priesthoods.
the last line I quoted, "cf. Sot. 9:12: "After the former (i.e., pre-exilic) prophets died, the Urim and Thummim became extinct"" (bold mine)

Sad. All you have is lies and insults. Not a very good representative for your cult.
Back at you with ten fingers attacking me. Stop with your insults. I’m simply pointing out your inabilities to understand.

:oops:
Al-righty then. :scared1:
The bible says the Lord reveals his secrets to his servants, the prophets. Amos 3:7.
Jesus said to his Apostles who are prophets to not share everything with the people at that time. Today, the restoration and restitution of all things, we have more secrets revealed to us. This helps us understand our relationship with the Savior better and with each other as well.
Revelation has some of this information as well. Part is also in Genesis but clarified better on why Jesus has power to come between Man and Satan.

the last line I quoted, "cf. Sot. 9:12: "After the former (i.e., pre-exilic) prophets died, the Urim and Thummim became extinct"" (bold mine)
These are the times of the restitution of all things. We have prophets so the Urim and Thumim are again available. The extinction was due to the apostasy or falling away Paul stated would happen. The heavens are again open and God is speaking again to us.

These are the times of the restitution of all things. We have prophets so the Urim and Thumim are again available. The extinction was due to the apostasy or falling away Paul stated would happen. The heavens are again open and God is speaking again to us.
but the same source that you cited to explain the authority says that prophecy has ended. Why are you relying on it for one statement but ignoring it for another?

but the same source that you cited to explain the authority says that prophecy has ended. Why are you relying on it for one statement but ignoring it for another?
Prophecy ended many times in the OT. But, as the people humbled themselves and climbed out of apostasy, prophets were again established and the Urim and Thumim were again available. An analogy for you. We haven't had a rex roam the earth for 65 million years. But, it is becoming more and more possible to bring back extinct creatures from the past. It's not so much a science fiction thing as it used to be in the past. Extinction doesn't mean forever. Anymore than death has to be forever because of the atonement of Jesus Christ. Resurrection of the dead or extinct persons is now possible.

Prophecy ended many times in the OT. But, as the people humbled themselves and climbed out of apostasy, prophets were again established and the Urim and Thumim were again available. An analogy for you. We haven't had a rex roam the earth for 65 million years. But, it is becoming more and more possible to bring back extinct creatures from the past. It's not so much a science fiction thing as it used to be in the past. Extinction doesn't mean forever. Anymore than death has to be forever because of the atonement of Jesus Christ. Resurrection of the dead or extinct persons is now possible.
Jesus is the fulfillment of everything I'm the OT. All anyone needs is Jesus.

you are avoiding the point -- the text you rely on says that the Urim and Tumim were no longer used (the exact wording, at least in translation is "From the time when the early prophets died the Urim VeTummim was nullified.") The talmudic text discusses those elements which ceased not ones which have come back. If you want to make an argument based on an analogy to dinosaurs, feel free, but if you rely on talmudic statements, then you should rely on talmudic statements.

Forum List

Back