Upside down flag..

It is now only because they were forced by law. The interview was removed from the source I have, but they even said it on national TV.

what is now? sorry, i'm not following you

They were banning people who were even suspected of being gay from the scouting program until someone sued.

as far as i know, they still do on the national level.

i don't agree with it, and i know some people on the national level who don't either. i think it will change as the older leadership retires, although the LDS involvement inscouting is somewhat problematic vis a vis homosexuality.

scouts do have a really good youth protection program for the kids, anyway. sexuality really shouldn't be part of the program, hetero, homo, asexual, whatever. it's about teaching kids life skills and self reliance, and s'mores.

mmmmmmm, forbidden s'mores.

They were banning people who were even suspected of being gay from the scouting program until someone sued.

i don't agree with it, and i know some people on the national level who don't either. i think it will change as the older leadership retires, although the LDS involvement inscouting is somewhat problematic vis a vis homosexuality.

scouts do have a really good youth protection program for the kids, anyway. sexuality really shouldn't be part of the program, hetero, homo, asexual, whatever. it's about teaching kids life skills and self reliance, and s'mores.

Oh yeah, the dark and the light, intermingling with hot, gooey goodness, running down my chin.

Yeah, don't ask-don't tell when eating s'mores. :eusa_shhh:

Well according to oblah blah, the country IS in distress. Maybe we ALL ought to be flying our flags upside down... :eusa_eh:

I don't believe in it either, and disagree with the lawsuit on a different stance. Kids are usually safer with gay people (they can't have any of their own so they tend to be protective of others) and about the worst that will happen is that they may try to subvert the parental connection to replace them (but that's all conjecture). South Park did a great episode on it, Big Gay Al was a scout master who everyone went to court to sue for his 'right' to lead the scouts, when he finally had his say in the matter (after all the mess) he said simply "They shouldn't be forced to do it, and even if I could be back in there, why would I want to work with people who will resent me anyway." A decent attitude. As long as they don't take government money, it's none of our business. Scout masters do it for free, so they are not employees.

Guy down the road has an flag pole in his yard.. Flies the American flag all the time..

Prior to the election they also had a McCain/Palin yard sign near the road..

Ever since the election the American flag has been flying upside down..

Anyone else notice this type of thing near them??

He's obviously making a statement that he thinks he is in distress due to the outcome of the election. He would be more correct to fly the flag at half mast as a sign of his mourning, as he isn't in any distress himself.

Or is he?

Take him at his word. He is in distress, and needs to be rescued. Perhaps a company of fire fighters with axes and hoses could save him from his distress, or maybe he needs a full SWAT team. He doesn't say just what his distress is, or what he needs to be rescued from. Perhaps the National Guard is needed.

Well according to oblah blah, the country IS in distress. Maybe we ALL ought to be flying our flags upside down... :eusa_eh:

We ARE in danger because of a depression that can't be stopped unless we spend trillions of government dollars. <Sarcasm, by the way.>

I still fly my flag correctly, though. Afterall, this is STILL the greatest country in the known history of this planet.

Kids are usually safer with gay people...

I could NOT DISAGREE MORE... I VEHEMENTLY disagree. There is much data and facts collected and compiled that prove JUST THE OPPOSITE. I know, I've dug it up many, many times. But this isn't the thread to start this in so I'll just leave it at that.

You are WRONG KK... dead wrong. Sorry.

Some thoughts on the American Flag:

When I see it flown during times of duress for our country, like when 9/11 happened, it brought great pride and tears in my eyes. People of all walks of life waved/put out their flags.
The picture of Iwo Jima, and the men putting up the American flag, still stirs me, for all it stands for.

My dad proudly flying the flag on our front porch while I was growing up. He is a veteran, as is my brother. I salute all those who have or do serve in the military, and what our flag symbolizes for you.

The flag in my classroom at school, and listening to children of all different walks of life saying the pledge (if they choose to that is) with their little hands over their hearts.

I didn't vote for Bush the last 2 elections, but I would never even DREAM of flying the American Flag upside down.

o fuck me running...after 9/11 a bunch of damned patrioteers put out their flags made in china....big fucking deal...do you really salute all those who served in the military...do you salute willam calley? or the soldiers who raped the 14 yr old in japan? just some valid questions

Oh for pity sake, I doubt the people who hung the flag after 9-11 gave a tinkers damn to where it was made. It was their symbol.. And why when somebody says something nice about the military to you have to shit on it do ya think? I'd be proud to have an american president who wanted to wear a flag,, and a wife who took less than 45 years to find pride in her country.. yes, that's the ticket shit on the military. every single time.

echo didnt mean to sound so harsh...but people who fly the flags made in china make me crazy...just like the suckers with support our troops ribbons who walk by the dav booth and dont donate or buy a cheap ass buck raffle ticket....i dont believe in supporting any cause without question....i guess growing up as an "army brat" i know that its not all rainbows and roses....the army has all kinds of people...from the great ones...to the downright fake ones...

perhaps i should have simply not said anything...o hell we know that aint happening...then del with the boy scouts....that just kinda pushed me over the line...not that it would take much right now....

the boy scouts are a good solid organization...but do some damned stupid shit at times...but then i guess everyone does

WTF. China owns the US. Stuff used to say 'made in Japan'. Japan owns us too.

Last edited:
Guy down the road has an flag pole in his yard.. Flies the American flag all the time..

Prior to the election they also had a McCain/Palin yard sign near the road..

Ever since the election the American flag has been flying upside down..

Anyone else notice this type of thing near them??

upside down american flag means the country is in trouble.

This country is in distress and has been for a long time.

Its a symbol and if this guy feels his country is in distress I see nothing wrong with symbolizing it this way.

I would never do it or desicrate a flag. Not for the flags sake but for the sake of the people who would be highly disturbed by the action. I would fight to the death to keep the right for any individual American to make that choice themselves. Its called freedom of speech.

Its not the symbol that is important its the people and their freedoms which are important.

That you, in your opinion believe this country is in distress is just that ... your opinion. And no, it ISN'T okay to cry wolf. It is an emergency signal for help.

It IS the symbol that is important if your convoluted idea of freedom of speech costs another person his/her life because no one resonds to a distress signal because you have devalued its meaning with your self-absorbed, extremist politics.

All well and good to TALK "fight to the death ..." Perhaps the person/people in distress aren't so willing to needlessly sacrifice their lives for your political extremism?

Special note:

It is law, and an old sign of respect, to burn the flag in many cases. You cannot toss it in the garbage, that's illegal, when the flag is no longer suitable you are suppose to burn it in respect for what it stands, tossing it in the garbage is far more insulting. So here's something you can do, when it is burnt in protest, salute the burning flag to show your respect, it takes the steam out of the protest because then they are just doing their civil duty and disposing of an unusable flag in the proper manner.

I can't believe you actually posted this. Ridiculous is an understatement.

You haven't heard of burning something old out of respect for it? What do you do with an old flag? Let mice make a nest of it?

You haven't heard of burning something old out of respect for it? What do you do with an old flag? Let mice make a nest of it?

I fully understand proper disposal of the US flag. Equating some political extremist nutcase's actions to that is absurd. To begin with, they are ADMITTEDLY burning it in protest, not "disposing of an old flag."

I fully understand proper disposal of the US flag. Equating some political extremist nutcase's actions to that is absurd. To begin with, they are ADMITTEDLY burning it in protest, not "disposing of an old flag."

The sad thing Gunny, when you realize what I was saying you will likely blush.

I was saying, when the protester burns the flag in their protest, salute the flag instead. Turn it into them disposing of it correctly instead of a protest. Protesters want attention, thus when you scream and yell about something they do they will repeat it as often as they can (kinda like terrorists), but when you turn what they are doing into what their duty is suppose to be it takes the wind from their sails. Suddenly they are now conforming instead of protesting.

This country is in distress and has been for a long time.

Its a symbol and if this guy feels his country is in distress I see nothing wrong with symbolizing it this way.

I would never do it or desicrate a flag. Not for the flags sake but for the sake of the people who would be highly disturbed by the action. I would fight to the death to keep the right for any individual American to make that choice themselves. Its called freedom of speech.

Its not the symbol that is important its the people and their freedoms which are important.

That you, in your opinion believe this country is in distress is just that ... your opinion. And no, it ISN'T okay to cry wolf. It is an emergency signal for help.

It IS the symbol that is important if your convoluted idea of freedom of speech costs another person his/her life because no one resonds to a distress signal because you have devalued its meaning with your self-absorbed, extremist politics.

All well and good to TALK "fight to the death ..." Perhaps the person/people in distress aren't so willing to needlessly sacrifice their lives for your political extremism?

Yeah.. EMT crews rush to this guys house daily now that the flag is upside down on his pole.. and Tom Hanks and Wilson are all alone on a dessert island with their flag upside down waiting for rescue..

If your at sea dont fly the US flag uspide down unless your distressed.. but the coast guard couldnt see this guys flag with the Hubble space telescope so I doubt anyone has had issues with an at sea rescue becuase he is flying his flag upsided down hundres of miles from the shore..

I saw a lot of this when Clinton was elected the first time. All an upside down flag tells me is that that particular homeowner is probably no fun at parties.

I saw a lot of this when Clinton was elected the first time. All an upside down flag tells me is that that particular homeowner is probably no fun at parties.

Update..

the upside down flag guy has replaced the American flag with a Yellow Dont Tread on Me Flag with a coiled snake the resemebles flags used during the American Revolution.

Somebody also told me it is the same flag used in the TV show Jericho?

The sad thing Gunny, when you realize what I was saying you will likely blush.

I was saying, when the protester burns the flag in their protest, salute the flag instead. Turn it into them disposing of it correctly instead of a protest. Protesters want attention, thus when you scream and yell about something they do they will repeat it as often as they can (kinda like terrorists), but when you turn what they are doing into what their duty is suppose to be it takes the wind from their sails. Suddenly they are now conforming instead of protesting.

I'm not going to blush. Good luck with THAT. Your little "idea" is nothing more than meeting dishonesty with more dishonesty. Or delusion.

Reality is, saluting in that circumstance would be misconstrued into saluting the protest so fast it would be followed by a sonic boom.

Forum List

Back