Talk to me about TEMU......we don't have a commerce board so I'm here with it

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
They obviously spend massvie amounts of money on advertising. I can't escape the damn thing! It's on my phone, my desktop my streaming services on TV....geezus I have never seen
a blanket coverage l like that with anything else ever. It has to cost a God-damned fortune to advertise that pervasively. It's obviously a China based effort and the inexpensive products
are most likely too going to be true although I wouldn't know because I have an aversion to handing out my financial info to sites like that. It never fails to burn you and they also REQUIRE that
you download an app before you can do business with them which to me is a real red-flag.

Has anyone tried it....what's the lead time on the shipping? Do they Track? I know many of the Chinese companies offer tracking that does not work. Do they use third party pay services like Paypal?
The BBB has given them a C rating ( that's not good )....and currently there is a huge lawsuit in Illinois against them.

Just curious

Last edited:
From what I'm hearing it's a Chi-Com rubber dog vomit outlet.
Their advertising budget has got to be literally billions.....never seen such a pervasive ad campaign like...EVER My god as I'm typing this its popping up on the top ribbon.

They obviously spend massvie amounts of money on advertising. I can't escape the damn thing! It's on my phone, my desktop my streaming services on TV....geezus I have never seen
a blanket coverage l like that with anything else ever. It has to cost a God-damned fortune to advertise that pervasively. It's obviously a China based effort and the inexpensive products
are most likely too going to be true although I wouldn't know because I have an aversion to handing out my financial info to sites like that. It never fails to burn you and they also REQUIRE that
you download an app before you can do business with them which to me is a real red-flag.

Has anyone tried it....what's the lead time on the shipping? Do they Track? I know many of the Chinese companies offer tracking that does not work. Do they use third party pay services like Paypal?
The BBB has given them a C rating ( that's not good )....and currently there is a huge lawsuit in Illinois against them.

Just curious
don't do it, too good to be true in my gut feeling.

but check the better business bureau for any complaints, and read only the negative reviews for items as a BUYER BEWARE.

Its direct marketing by china to US consumers that cuts out local US retailers who would normally import the stuff to America and then sell it

Yes it can be slightly cheaper for consumers but in the long run very damaging to our economy

It should be a prime target for tariffs

And if you choose to buy, use PayPal or another like service that protects you from scams.

Yes...paypal goes right after the thieves....one of the reasons a lot of these slimy sites will not use paypal.

Just curious
To me, it looks like the classic Walmart strategy:

Operate at a loss until your competitors go out of business.

Just curious
I’ve used it a lot. It’s cheap, and you can get all sorts of reasonable quality stuff delivered to your door (think dollar store stuff). They used to give free shipping with a $10 order, but they just upped it to $20. You can also get some more expensive stuff(mini guitar effect pedals for me), but it’s all Chinese products. They’re good about refunds if you receive something that’s defective, and they guarantee 10 day shipping. They even gave me a full refund when their system thought I hadn’t received a package that actually arrived. They do accept PayPal and offer tracking. All in all, I recommend them for a cheap fix if you like buying stuff. I recently got a 24 pack of kitchen scrubby-sponges for under $3. They will pester you with messages for deals, too. Always this little spinning discount wheel that always gives you the best discounts.

Last edited:
I’ve used it a lot. It’s cheap, and you can get all sorts of reasonable quality stuff delivered to your door (think dollar store stuff). They used to give free shipping with a $10 order, but they just upped it to $20. You can also get some more expensive stuff(mini guitar effect pedals for me), but it’s all Chinese products. They’re good about refunds if you receive something that’s defective, and they guarantee 10 day shipping. They even gave me a full refund when their system thought I hadn’t received a package that actually arrived. They do accept PayPal and offer tracking. All in all, I recommend them for a cheap fix if you like buying stuff. I recently got a 20 pack of kitchen scrubby-sponges for under $2. They will pester you with messages for deals, too. Always this little spinning discount wheel that always gives you the best discounts.
Did you have to download an app?

Did you have to download an app?
Yes, but I've been using it consistently for about a year now. I use the paypal option, and have had no problems whatsoever. The only annoyance is you get a lot of notifications for discounts and such. It's totally legit. No sneaky or hidden charges. Most of the stuff you buy there is smaller than you think it'll be, though.
This arrived Saturday:
ScreenShot_20240212100940.png

There has also been a couple times where I left $40-$50 guitar pedals in my cart and gotten notice that I've been offered a huge discount. Got them both for about $12 each, shipped (when they still had the $10 min for shipping).

Last edited:
Yes, but I've been using it consistently for about a year now. I use the paypal option, and have had no problems whatsoever. The only annoyance is you get a lot of notifications for discounts and such. It's totally legit. No sneaky or hidden charges. Most of the stuff you buy there is smaller than you think it'll be, though.
This arrived Saturday:
View attachment 901174
Hmmm

There has also been a couple times where I left $40-$50 guitar pedals in my cart and gotten notice that I've been offered a huge discount. Got them both for about $12 each, shipped (when they still had the $10 min for shipping).
Lol.... neat trick!

Forum List

Back