Peanuts for Poor Kids!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Suspect peanuts sent to schools - Washington Post- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - Peanut Corporation of America sold 32 truckloads of roasted peanuts and peanut butter to the federal government for a free-lunch program for poor children even as the company's internal tests showed that its products were contaminated with salmonella bacteria.

Wait, a company tried to make money off of tainted food? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Suspect peanuts sent to schools - Washington Post- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - Peanut Corporation of America sold 32 truckloads of roasted peanuts and peanut butter to the federal government for a free-lunch program for poor children even as the company's internal tests showed that its products were contaminated with salmonella bacteria.

Wait, a company tried to make money off of tainted food? :rolleyes:

This company sounds like it should be in China. I hope the board is charged with murder!

I suspect that some peanut crackers I bought made me very sick a few months ago.

Wonder if salmonella was the cuprit?

Sure as hell could habve been.

It was not pleasant let me tall yas'.

They still have some of the recalled products on the stores here in Indiana, one of the TV stations did an expose on it.

I threw out everything that had peanuts in it in my house, even if they weren't recalled.

Better safe than sorry.

It does not suprise me. We came upon a farmer some years back taking beans out of his bins that had been flooded. He had been paid for them yet was selling them again when they were supposed to be destroyed. I did not get the full concept of it for a few years until Rod told me how the food industry works.

Whatever was in the beans went into the food chain.

I agree these guys need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Forum List

Back