Update: I am NOT voting Obama or Dem; I'm simply NOT VOTING IN 2012

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
As I stated on this forum, some issues happened over the past 2 years that made me decide to vote straight Democrat this year. It was a hard choice, but I just leaned that way more and more as the months passed.

Well, after taking a long hard look at what I was gonna do, and reviewing the past few years in my mind........I remembered something. I'm emotionally pro-cop. And, Barack Obama befriended a man who bombed cops (Ayers). And sure, as a Christian, I believe in forgiveness for any sins. BUT, Ayers hasn't repented that. He's proud of it. And we all know about the "Police acted stupidly" comment, which disgusted me. I remembered that Barack Obama in 2008's campaign wouldnt meet with the Association of Police Chiefs. And that his Justice Department has done dozens of anti-cop actions the last 4 years.

I can't do it.

I can't give my vote to the Democrats this year. There is just too much bad history there.
I can't give my vote to the Republicans this year. There are just too many worrisome trends going on in that party.

I'm not voting this year. I support neither candidate, and neither party. Fuck 'em. I'll be at home watching ESPN's First Take and some football highlights that day. May even hit the gym. Just another Tuesday.

Fuck 'em. I'll be at home watching ESPN's First Take and some football highlights that day. May even hit the gym. Just another Tuesday.

No you won't.

You'll be right here, bitching and whining.

But, no vote means your opinion is worth bupkis.

No vote, no voice. If you don't make the effort to walk to the polls and at the very least write in a name you are giving up something precious, my precious. You have a right and a responsibility and a duty.

Exercise it in any fashion you choose. Just do it.

I really don't care about your politics, but if you don't vote you are wasting something that so many have given up their lives for so that you may have this privilege. Don't denegrate thier memory.

Fuck 'em. I'll be at home watching ESPN's First Take and some football highlights that day. May even hit the gym. Just another Tuesday.

No you won't.

Nah. I dont come on here much anymore. A bunch of lunatics and morons......sprinkled with a few folks who can actually carry a debate.

But Tuesday ESPN First Take is always good. I'll be there.

No vote, no voice. If you don't make the effort to walk to the polls and at the very least write in a name you are giving up something precious, my precious. You have a right and a responsibility and a duty.

I really don't care about your politics, but if you don't vote you are wasting something that so many have given up their lives for so that you may have this privilege. Don't denegrate thier memory.

But what does our "voice" mean when we march to the polls and vote for any asshole they throw up so long as he has and R or D by his name?

I think anyone who makes a conscious decision to not vote is honoring that right. If someone doesn't vote simply because they ignore politics and dont even know who is running...thats different.

But I refuse to devalue MY vote just to toss it to one asshole or the other.

No you won't.

Nah. I dont come on here much anymore. A bunch of lunatics and morons......sprinkled with a few folks who can actually carry a debate.

But Tuesday ESPN First Take is always good. I'll be there.

So you take the easy way out, whether it's voting or posting on USMB. You really are a lame fuck.

As I stated on this forum, some issues happened over the past 2 years that made me decide to vote straight Democrat this year. It was a hard choice, but I just leaned that way more and more as the months passed.

Well, after taking a long hard look at what I was gonna do, and reviewing the past few years in my mind........I remembered something. I'm emotionally pro-cop. And, Barack Obama befriended a man who bombed cops (Ayers). And sure, as a Christian, I believe in forgiveness for any sins. BUT, Ayers hasn't repented that. He's proud of it. And we all know about the "Police acted stupidly" comment, which disgusted me. I remembered that Barack Obama in 2008's campaign wouldnt meet with the Association of Police Chiefs. And that his Justice Department has done dozens of anti-cop actions the last 4 years.

I can't do it.

I can't give my vote to the Democrats this year. There is just too much bad history there.
I can't give my vote to the Republicans this year. There are just too many worrisome trends going on in that party.

I'm not voting this year. I support neither candidate, and neither party. Fuck 'em. I'll be at home watching ESPN's First Take and some football highlights that day. May even hit the gym. Just another Tuesday.

Well it's now abundantly clear that you are voting for Barack Obama.

At least according to many of the Republicans on this board.

People die for the right to vote.

I so wish you were within my range. I'd love to hold you. My hands twitch at the thought of you.

No vote, same voice. This nonsense argument that one should simply vote for voting's sake is ridiculous. Nobody can explain why voting is inherently good yet they trot out that argument anytime anybody refuses to be a part of the corrupt system.

I can't do it.

Wanna take a Rasmussen poll right about now?

Methodogy "Kill OP::"

hehehehehe

I can't do it.

Wanna take a Rasmussen poll right about now?

Methodogy "Kill OP::"

hehehehehe

I don't understand.

People die for the right to vote.

I so wish you were within my range. I'd love to hold you. My hands twitch at the thought of you.

Wow. You right wingers really are fucking lunatics. I dont even know what you are referring to, but I kinda dont want to think too hard about it.:confused:

No vote, same voice. This nonsense argument that one should simply vote for voting's sake is ridiculous. Nobody can explain why voting is inherently good yet they trot out that argument anytime anybody refuses to be a part of the corrupt system.

Because they are brainwashed fanatical partisans. They'd vote for the Geico caveman as long as he had the right color/letter by his name.

My vote must be earned by a politician. Not just deflected away from the "other guy".

I can't do it.

Fuck Obama - I agree with that part, but I would ask you to consider Romney as the man has a fix it history - we need fixing. If you don't vote; you ain't shit!

But what does our "voice" mean when we march to the polls and vote for any asshole they throw up so long as he has and R or D by his name?

I think anyone who makes a conscious decision to not vote is honoring that right. If someone doesn't vote simply because they ignore politics and dont even know who is running...thats different.

"Not voting" has no honor.

Like I say, get off you sorry lazy non-conformist contrarian ass- go to the voting booth and write in Micky Mouse for all I care.

Just do it. For if you don't, you are conceding defeat and forfeiting a thing that is singularily given to you and only you as a (presumably) citizen of this country who has the right... the RIGHT to vote.

Cast off your garments of fear, replace them with love
Most of all play with the game of the age...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwVNxVxe24]Madrigal by Yes - YouTube[/ame]

Like I say, get off you sorry lazy non-conformist contrarian ass- go to the voting booth and write in Micky Mouse for all I care.

Just do it. For if you don't, you are conceding defeat and forfeiting a thing that is singularily given to you and only you as a (presumably) citizen of this country who has the right... the RIGHT to vote.

And what exactly is honorable about voting? Where does the honor come in if he does as you say and votes for himself or Mickey Mouse when the poll worker looks at his ballot and simply throws it away since neither he nor Mickey are registered write-in candidates?

So me making the concious decision to not simply hand my vote to either asshole is a travesty and mockery. But just showing up and writing Daffy Duck would honor that right and show it respect?

I also have the right to own a gun. But I will NEVER possess a gun if I intend to not respect it. Same with my vote.

So me making the concious decision to not simply hand my vote to either asshole is a travesty and mockery. But just showing up and writing Daffy Duck would honor that right and show it respect?

I also have the right to own a gun. But I will NEVER possess a gun if I intend to not respect it. Same with my vote.

Yes. "I will be there"... The first line in that video I posted.

You've never voted in a Presidential election year, have you? There will be at least one other candidate for President, I assure you.

Plus, on the same ballot may be Senate or Congressional choices.

Or candidates of judicial appointments.

Have you seen the "sample ballot" for your particular precinct? It's usually posted in your local newspaper.

March your stupid fuck ass down to the polling place on election day.

If you don't see anyone for whom you would choose to cast a vote- then don't. Leave it blank.

Hell, leave the whole thing blank for all I care. Turn right around and feed it into the hopper.

In doing so, you have done what so few people on this planet have the right to do.

Forum List

Back