Unnamed Cain abuser WORKS IN BARRY's admin!

wasnt there a settlement of 850K with someone?

A number like that far exceeds the cost to debate it in a court of law...so a settlement like that implies the accused of NOT wanting it to go to court for more reasons than monetary reasons.

A 35K settlement implies the exact opposite...it implies that the accuser did not want to go to court for fear of losing.

Now you are being kind of disingenous. Clinton WON his case against Paula Jones. Judge Susan Weber-Wright threw it out on the merits that it didn't rise to the level of harrassment because there was no proof Clinton retaliated against her. This was before the Ellerth v Burlington decision lowered the bar. He settled because after Ellerth, Jones' lawyers could drag him back in again.

As a practical matter, the reason he settled was that by settling, there was no longer an active case which he committed perjury in for the Senate to prosecute him for. It wasn't like he was trying to save money (he had already expended 10 million in legal fees) or face (every dirty little secret of the man's life had been exposed.)

Now, a 35K settlement implies to me that BOTH sides considered they had more to lose than win by going to court. But since NEITHER of us have heard the details yet, and Cain can't seem to keep his story straight, I think we should reserve judgement, don't you?

could be worse... she could have the IQ of a grain of rice...

you know, like you, two.

and that's cumulative.

Oh, that hurts! I can't bare it!

You calling anyone in this forum "stupid" is more absurd than Bill Clinton complaining about sexual promiscuity.

Forum List

Back