University of Alaska displays painting of Trump severed head

"Had the roles been reversed, and it was Obama's head hanging there, I think the outrage would be fantastic," Berger said. "As a free speech advocate, everyone has a right to express their opinion the way they want to express them. But as a parent and a citizen, there's a discussion. In a university setting, what's appropriate?"

agreed.
That "Tyrrrone" guy is probably denying the world of left wing media would not be going APE shit if that was a painting of "half black" with his head cut off by some naked white angel.

Half black.

I was just wondering what the reaction would be if the picture was Obama being crucified,
or a rape scene starring HIllary.
The right would be lining up to buy prints.

Drumpf blood is dripping on Hillary's white pant suit, gross. And you can see in drumpf-head's eyes it still wants to bang his daughter.

When is Ann Coulter going to demand Oral Roberts University display this painting as free speech.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we're a walking skeleton trying to deceive.

Hillary is holding on to the hero's leg.

Anyway, of course if a conservative wanted to come speak there, they would claim it's hate speech and ban the person from coming.
This painting though is just fine.

trump+paiting.JPG

Trump severed head painting at UAA sparks debate

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - Editors note: Some readers may view the image of the painting mentioned in this story as graphic or disturbing. Click here to view the painting.

uaa+stills00000001.jpg

A painting on display at a University of Alaska Anchorage art gallery, which depicts the severed head of President Donald Trump, is sparking debate about free speech rights and whether the image is appropriate for display, at a public institution.

The artwork, created by Assistant Professor of Painting Thomas Chung, is part of a faculty art exhibition, at the UAA Fine Arts building.

In describing his painting, Chung said, "It's an image of the actor who plays Captain America, and two eagles are sort of screaming into his ears, and he's holding the severed head of Trump, and there's a young Hillary Clinton clinging to his leg. I was reminded of those 80's rock posters, where there's a woman in tattered clothes clinging to a strong male hero's leg."

Chung says the motivation for the painting was his dismay over the results of the presidential election.

that is fucking hilarious.

Hillary is holding on to the hero's leg.

Anyway, of course if a conservative wanted to come speak there, they would claim it's hate speech and ban the person from coming.
This painting though is just fine.

trump+paiting.JPG

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - Editors note: Some readers may view the image of the painting mentioned in this story as graphic or disturbing. Click here to view the painting.

uaa+stills00000001.jpg

A painting on display at a University of Alaska Anchorage art gallery, which depicts the severed head of President Donald Trump, is sparking debate about free speech rights and whether the image is appropriate for display, at a public institution.

The artwork, created by Assistant Professor of Painting Thomas Chung, is part of a faculty art exhibition, at the UAA Fine Arts building.

In describing his painting, Chung said, "It's an image of the actor who plays Captain America, and two eagles are sort of screaming into his ears, and he's holding the severed head of Trump, and there's a young Hillary Clinton clinging to his leg. I was reminded of those 80's rock posters, where there's a woman in tattered clothes clinging to a strong male hero's leg."

Chung says the motivation for the painting was his dismay over the results of the presidential election.

Well, he is white and a self proclaimed Christian. So, its cool.

Just stick with that basic formula and you will see the only thing the left are about. If you are a white male American Christian, there is nothing that offends the left. Not at any level. It is all about "artistic expression."

Literally, nothing else matters to the left. If you offend or eliminate white male Christians, it is righteous.

Look at ALL of their stances. They claim to be for the environment? Yet they never say anything about China polluting the planet. They claim to be against drilling for oil here, for the same apparent reason. Yet they say nothing about the arab countries or Mexico or Venezuela drilling for oil. What, do they think those brown countries are not a part of the planet? Oh, they are not white American Christians? Got it.

Get it?

That is the only thing they are about. Sometimes you need to read between the lines, but that formula is there for ALL of their so called concerns.

Imagine if one of us had shown such a painting with Obama's severed head...

It's protected free speech, so whether I would support it or not does not matter. As a matter of fact, such a portrait would not bother me, because it would stand as indictment of the artist's diseased mind. The Catholic Church developed a school of pedagogy that encouraged examining bad examples. Your posts are such objects. We study bad examples so that we clearly recognize the good in comparison. Please keep posting for our enlightenment. Ann Coulter when she speaks should not be interfered with. When the antifas of the hard right or hard left attack, the LEO should beat them down.

Thank you for your passionate comments that obviously have grown out of experience.

Was it fun?

"Had the roles been reversed, and it was Obama's head hanging there, I think the outrage would be fantastic," Berger said. "As a free speech advocate, everyone has a right to express their opinion the way they want to express them. But as a parent and a citizen, there's a discussion. In a university setting, what's appropriate?"

agreed.
That "Tyrrrone" guy is probably denying the world of left wing media would not be going APE shit if that was a painting of "half black" with his head cut off by some naked white angel.

Half black.

I was just wondering what the reaction would be if the picture was Obama being crucified,
or a rape scene starring HIllary.
The right would be lining up to buy prints.
I certainly would not, and don't know anyone that would. I would find them disgusting like I do the one in the op, so you can throw away that broad-brush you used.

The painting is indeed protected free speech.
Agreed, as it should be. I think the topic is the hypocrisy of those who think some speech should be protected, but not the speech of those whom they politically disagree. Berkeley comes to mind as do many other universities that refused or cancelled speakers right of center.

It's protected free speech, so whether I would support it or not does not matter. As a matter of fact, such a portrait would not bother me, because it would stand as indictment of the artist's diseased mind. The Catholic Church developed a school of pedagogy that encouraged examining bad examples. Your posts are such objects. We study bad examples so that we clearly recognize the good in comparison. Please keep posting for our enlightenment. Ann Coulter when she speaks should not be interfered with. When the antifas of the hard right or hard left attack, the LEO should beat them down.

Thank you for your passionate comments that obviously have grown out of experience. Was it fun?
This is why I have always encouraged you to post your stuff. People go, "wow". :lol:

Thank you for your passionate comments that obviously have grown out of experience. Was it fun?
This is why I have always encouraged you to post your stuff. People go, "wow". :lol:
"People go,"wow" ? Seriously?!

Flakey, you're a fucking idiot!

Why can't I find any *art* featuring Obama's severed head on the internet?

Hmmmmm...
But I find plenty featuring Trump's....

head.png

hillary-tshirt-trump-wonkette.jpg

tumblr_nuybg3nd601tupl9do1_1280.jpg

trump-head-pinata-575x395.jpg

Trump-Zoom.jpg

statue-of-liberty-holding-severed-head-of-us-president-donald-trump-ht8f2h.jpg

Why do you suppose leftists keep generating *art* featuring Obama's severed head, hmmmmm????

I am betting the severed head gets more done in 100 days than the orange turd has.
I am betting that "severed" head has an IQ over 100 than you.

You can knock on a dead man's door forever.

You can't knock on a dead man's door forever, you have to die sooner or later, your hand frozen mid knock, forever. Two skeletons, one inside waiting for a knock, one outside unable to lift a dead hand to rap on the door, the wind blowing through the spaces in his ribs as rats pick the bones and the wind buries both in the sand beside the skeletons of generations of rats.

You can't knock on a dead man's door forever, you have to die sooner or later, your hand frozen mid knock, forever. Two skeletons, one inside waiting for a knock, one outside unable to lift a dead hand to rap on the door, the wind blowing through the spaces in his ribs as rats pick the bones and the wind buries both in the sand beside the skeletons of generations of rats.

Do you have any idea how idiotic that statement is? You indeed knock on a dead man's door forever, but in your case, the man need not be actually dead.

I'm putting Isaac Moonbat back on ignore. He's entertaining for a while, but after a while I begin to worry about catching his colossal stupidity.

The painting is indeed protected free speech.

Is SteveMcgarrets avatar protected speech too?
Not in its use here, it's not.

Indeed?
And what might the difference be?
SteveMcgarrett gets to post here at the whim of the site owner. There is no protection of free speech. We have been able to post pretty much anything unrestricted, but that too is based on the site owner's discretion. If they so choose, tomorrow, they could ban racist post and SteveMcGarrett would have no recourse but to lose his avatar. Probably would get himself banned within 3 posts too.

Now if Mcgarrett wants to, he can start his own website where his free speech is unimpeded, like that artist.

Why can't I find any *art* featuring Obama's severed head on the internet?

Hmmmmm...
But I find plenty featuring Trump's....

head.png

hillary-tshirt-trump-wonkette.jpg

tumblr_nuybg3nd601tupl9do1_1280.jpg

trump-head-pinata-575x395.jpg

Trump-Zoom.jpg

statue-of-liberty-holding-severed-head-of-us-president-donald-trump-ht8f2h.jpg

Why do you suppose leftists keep generating *art* featuring Obama's severed head, hmmmmm????
That's fucking disgusting.

Forum List

Back