University of Alaska displays painting of Trump severed head

Wonder if we can find an institution of higher learning to hang this artwork in?

obama_crucified.png

Can I get one like that, only with Elvis, and on velvet?

Hillary is holding on to the hero's leg.

Anyway, of course if a conservative wanted to come speak there, they would claim it's hate speech and ban the person from coming.
This painting though is just fine.

trump+paiting.JPG

Trump severed head painting at UAA sparks debate

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - Editors note: Some readers may view the image of the painting mentioned in this story as graphic or disturbing. Click here to view the painting.

uaa+stills00000001.jpg

A painting on display at a University of Alaska Anchorage art gallery, which depicts the severed head of President Donald Trump, is sparking debate about free speech rights and whether the image is appropriate for display, at a public institution.

The artwork, created by Assistant Professor of Painting Thomas Chung, is part of a faculty art exhibition, at the UAA Fine Arts building.

In describing his painting, Chung said, "It's an image of the actor who plays Captain America, and two eagles are sort of screaming into his ears, and he's holding the severed head of Trump, and there's a young Hillary Clinton clinging to his leg. I was reminded of those 80's rock posters, where there's a woman in tattered clothes clinging to a strong male hero's leg."

Chung says the motivation for the painting was his dismay over the results of the presidential election.

And yet, your headling here states the painting "sparks debate", doesn't it.

The conservative speakers would have sparked debate as well.

When are you going to admit I was right and you were wrong about the majority of voters voted against Hillary ?
09e164c5609fb5f0ada103d69beeaa16.jpg

Still won't man-up ehh ? No surprise.

Hillary received 2.1 percent more votes than the Orange Anus

Your original statement was:
"Fact, most voters voted against Trump"

I then posted:

"Fact, most voters voted against Hillary"

You then went on to say that, I knew that wasn't true.

I then pointed out that it was true, and you never conceded that I was right.
Oh, look... another lying rightard. <smh>

No, lying rightard, you did not say most voters voted against Hillary, as you falsely quote yourself now. What you actually said was...
By the way, the majority of Americans rejected Hillary. Fact.
... to which TyroneSlothrop accurately pointed out was not true.

So why'd you change your quote from what you said then to what you falsely claim it is now?

Clinton received 65,844,610 votes, or 48.2% of the total vote.

Trump received 62,979,636 votes, or 46.1% of the total vote. (That's a difference of 2.86 million votes.)...not only did Trump lose the popular vote to Clinton by 2.86 million votes an additional 5.7 % voted for someone other than the Orange Anus ....

The remaining 5.7% of the vote went to other candidates, like Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Evan McMullin, and, I don't know, write-ins for flesh-eating bacteria.

Here you are you silly ass Trump prostitute LOL...I am not conceding you are Right because you are wrong

"Had the roles been reversed, and it was Obama's head hanging there, I think the outrage would be fantastic," Berger said. "As a free speech advocate, everyone has a right to express their opinion the way they want to express them. But as a parent and a citizen, there's a discussion. In a university setting, what's appropriate?"

agreed.
(1) no, no one "has a right to express their opinion the way the way to express them." That is false. You don't get to shoot up a church because your opinion is different, for example.

(2) in a university, the painting is appropriate

The painting is indeed protected free speech.

They have the right to paint it they don't have the right to have it displayed this University's funding needs to be cut immediately.
Only "Politically Correct" allowed Right Sugar Magnolia

He can paint whatever he wants but I shouldn't have to pay for it through my tax dollars. Something tells me you wouldn't support a painting of the former n!gger in Chief Obama hanging from a noose being depicted in the public square.

"Had the roles been reversed, and it was Obama's head hanging there, I think the outrage would be fantastic," Berger said. "As a free speech advocate, everyone has a right to express their opinion the way they want to express them. But as a parent and a citizen, there's a discussion. In a university setting, what's appropriate?"

agreed.
(1) no, no one "has a right to express their opinion the way the way to express them." That is false. You don't get to shoot up a church because your opinion is different, for example.

(2) in a university, the painting is appropriate

So you support a portrait of Obama being hung being depicted in the public square? Fucking liar.

Anyway, of course if a conservative wanted to come speak there, they would claim it's hate speech and ban the person from coming.

trump+paiting.JPG

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - Editors note: Some readers may view the image of the painting mentioned in this story as graphic or disturbing. Click here to view the painting.

uaa+stills00000001.jpg

A painting on display at a University of Alaska Anchorage art gallery, which depicts the severed head of President Donald Trump, is sparking debate about free speech rights and whether the image is appropriate for display, at a public institution.

The artwork, created by Assistant Professor of Painting Thomas Chung, is part of a faculty art exhibition, at the UAA Fine Arts building.

In describing his painting, Chung said, "It's an image of the actor who plays Captain America, and two eagles are sort of screaming into his ears, and he's holding the severed head of Trump, and there's a young Hillary Clinton clinging to his leg. I was reminded of those 80's rock posters, where there's a woman in tattered clothes clinging to a strong male hero's leg."

Chung says the motivation for the painting was his dismay over the results of the presidential election.

What kind of painting is that? So macabre... :eek:

trump+paiting.JPG

uaa+stills00000001.jpg

Hillary hanging onto the guys leg is a bit misogynist.

Stupid kids should have photo shopped Bill Clinton's head onto the guy.

I would love to see one of this professors students do a piece depicting his beheading and demand it be hung up along side his.

Or the professors

trump+paiting.JPG

uaa+stills00000001.jpg

Hillary hanging onto the guys leg is a bit misogynist.

Stupid kids should have photo shopped Bill Clinton's head onto the guy.

When are you going to admit I was right and you were wrong about the majority of voters voted against Hillary ?
09e164c5609fb5f0ada103d69beeaa16.jpg

Still won't man-up ehh ? No surprise.

Hillary received 2.1 percent more votes than the Orange Anus

Your original statement was:
"Fact, most voters voted against Trump"

I then posted:

"Fact, most voters voted against Hillary"

You then went on to say that, I knew that wasn't true.

Oh, look... another lying rightard. <smh>

No, lying rightard, you did not say most voters voted against Hillary, as you falsely quote yourself now. What you actually said was...
By the way, the majority of Americans rejected Hillary. Fact.
... to which TyroneSlothrop accurately pointed out was not true.

So why'd you change your quote from what you said then to what you falsely claim it is now?

Oh give me a fucking break!!
What's the fucking difference, we were obviously talking about the election!!

Clinton received 65,844,610 votes, or 48.2% of the total vote.

Trump received 62,979,636 votes, or 46.1% of the total vote. (That's a difference of 2.86 million votes.)...not only did Trump lose the popular vote to Clinton by 2.86 million votes an additional 5.7 % voted for someone other than the Orange Anus ....

The remaining 5.7% of the vote went to other candidates, like Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Evan McMullin, and, I don't know, write-ins for flesh-eating bacteria.

Here you are you silly ass Trump prostitute LOL...I am not conceding you are Right because you are wrong

Nope. You said the majority rejected Trump, I pointed out the same was true about Hillary, and I was right.

Whose face is that? I know I've seen it before.

Lee Harvey Oswald, maybe?

That's pretty weird.

You know, I just can't find any artwork like that depicting Obama.

Last edited:
Another DD example of bad examples is DD's nonsense about the majority vote above.

Forum List

Back