University of Alaska displays painting of Trump severed head

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Hillary is holding on to the hero's leg.

Anyway, of course if a conservative wanted to come speak there, they would claim it's hate speech and ban the person from coming.
This painting though is just fine.

trump+paiting.JPG

Trump severed head painting at UAA sparks debate

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - Editors note: Some readers may view the image of the painting mentioned in this story as graphic or disturbing. Click here to view the painting.

uaa+stills00000001.jpg

A painting on display at a University of Alaska Anchorage art gallery, which depicts the severed head of President Donald Trump, is sparking debate about free speech rights and whether the image is appropriate for display, at a public institution.

The artwork, created by Assistant Professor of Painting Thomas Chung, is part of a faculty art exhibition, at the UAA Fine Arts building.

In describing his painting, Chung said, "It's an image of the actor who plays Captain America, and two eagles are sort of screaming into his ears, and he's holding the severed head of Trump, and there's a young Hillary Clinton clinging to his leg. I was reminded of those 80's rock posters, where there's a woman in tattered clothes clinging to a strong male hero's leg."

Chung says the motivation for the painting was his dismay over the results of the presidential election.

Anyway, of course if a conservative wanted to come speak there, they would claim it's hate speech and ban the person from coming.

trump+paiting.JPG

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - Editors note: Some readers may view the image of the painting mentioned in this story as graphic or disturbing. Click here to view the painting.

uaa+stills00000001.jpg

A painting on display at a University of Alaska Anchorage art gallery, which depicts the severed head of President Donald Trump, is sparking debate about free speech rights and whether the image is appropriate for display, at a public institution.

The artwork, created by Assistant Professor of Painting Thomas Chung, is part of a faculty art exhibition, at the UAA Fine Arts building.

In describing his painting, Chung said, "It's an image of the actor who plays Captain America, and two eagles are sort of screaming into his ears, and he's holding the severed head of Trump, and there's a young Hillary Clinton clinging to his leg. I was reminded of those 80's rock posters, where there's a woman in tattered clothes clinging to a strong male hero's leg."

Chung says the motivation for the painting was his dismay over the results of the presidential election.

Well, he is white and a self proclaimed Christian. So, its cool.

Just stick with that basic formula and you will see the only thing the left are about. If you are a white male American Christian, there is nothing that offends the left. Not at any level. It is all about "artistic expression."

Literally, nothing else matters to the left. If you offend or eliminate white male Christians, it is righteous.

Look at ALL of their stances. They claim to be for the environment? Yet they never say anything about China polluting the planet. They claim to be against drilling for oil here, for the same apparent reason. Yet they say nothing about the arab countries or Mexico or Venezuela drilling for oil. What, do they think those brown countries are not a part of the planet? Oh, they are not white American Christians? Got it.

Get it?

That is the only thing they are about. Sometimes you need to read between the lines, but that formula is there for ALL of their so called concerns.

Look at ALL of their stances. They claim to be for the environment? Yet they never say anything about China polluting the planet. They claim to be against drilling for oil here, for the same apparent reason. Yet they say nothing about the arab countries or Mexico or Venezuela drilling for oil. What, do they think those brown countries are not a part of the planet? Oh, they are not white American Christians? Got it.

Get it?

That is the only thing they are about. Sometimes you need to read between the lines, but that formula is there for ALL of their so called concerns.
obama_racist_chimps.jpg
crying-waterfalls.gif

"Had the roles been reversed, and it was Obama's head hanging there, I think the outrage would be fantastic," Berger said. "As a free speech advocate, everyone has a right to express their opinion the way they want to express them. But as a parent and a citizen, there's a discussion. In a university setting, what's appropriate?"

agreed.

Them snowflakes are hell on wheels hurting those "tough alpha Trump Hombres " poor babies...somebody Burp them they are full of gas

"Had the roles been reversed, and it was Obama's head hanging there, I think the outrage would be fantastic," Berger said. "As a free speech advocate, everyone has a right to express their opinion the way they want to express them. But as a parent and a citizen, there's a discussion. In a university setting, what's appropriate?"

agreed.
That "Tyrrrone" guy is probably denying the world of left wing media would not be going APE shit if that was a painting of "half black" with his head cut off by some naked white angel.

Half black.

I'm quite sure it'll be up for it's whole "showing" (I think June 20 or something) Alaskan's actually believe in free speech so we'll suck it up despite Berger's reservations.

Also, the "debate" I've heard is actually largely if that's considered "a threat to the POTUS" or is it fantastical enough to be mere "art" - Keeping in mind that Alaska is a heavily Christian state...

agreed.
That "Tyrrrone" guy is probably denying the world of left wing media would not be going APE shit if that was a painting of "half black" with his head cut off by some naked white angel.

Half black.

I was just wondering what the reaction would be if the picture was Obama being crucified,
or a rape scene starring HIllary.

Wonder if we can find an institution of higher learning to hang this artwork in?

obama_crucified.png

When are you going to admit I was right and you were wrong about the majority of voters voted against Hillary ?
09e164c5609fb5f0ada103d69beeaa16.jpg

Still won't man-up ehh ? No surprise.

Hillary received 2.1 percent more votes than the Orange Anus

Your original statement was:
"Fact, most voters voted against Trump"

I then posted:

"Fact, most voters voted against Hillary"

You then went on to say that, I knew that wasn't true.

I then pointed out that it was true, and you never conceded that I was right.

trump+paiting.JPG

uaa+stills00000001.jpg

And yet, your headling here states the painting "sparks debate", doesn't it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back