Unity is dead

You didn't get the right one.

Mine has LXDE and anything a basic websurfer would need included.

Maybe even an advanced websurfer. :eek:
I have a i7 desktop with the full blown Mint and a few other distros but am on an old XP laptop now, 2 gigs of memory max. I'm using Mint LXCE and Firefox 54. It runs pretty good for an old machine. Even runs KODI.

I have a i7 desktop with the full blown Mint and a few other distros but am on an old XP laptop now, 2 gigs of memory max. I'm using Mint LXCE and Firefox 54. It runs pretty good for an old machine. Even runs KODI.
Next quad+ I get will be Ryzen.

I've had it all, except that. The newer Intel stuff is bunk.

Post Ivy Bridge it craps out for no reason. That is unacceptable.

This OS is teh awesome though. Fedora 25 LXDE. Hardened kernel, built from barebones. Don't remember root pw. :rolleyes:

This is a Pentium chip! The desktop runs really great though, I have 16 gigs on that one. I can open all I want.

This is a Pentium chip! The desktop runs really great though, I have 16 gigs on that one. I can open all I want.

I can only has 8gb with this setup. It works, so I'm not pushing it.

I had 16gb with 1366 :meow:

I can only has 8gb with this setup. It works, so I'm not pushing it.

I had 16gb with 1366 :meow:
8 gigs was plenty for me but Amazon effed up an order and I decided to toss em on in there for shits and giggles.

What is dis one? Hmm, it's umm..Broadwell, the last ddr3 platform. I can have 15 browsers open, np.

I started out with RedHat back in the 90's, I loved RH 5..pretty bullet proof and was a must for sys admins running a network linking multiple OS's. Xserver was surprisingly configurable and easy to personalize...way beyond Windows GUI at the time.
I also tried Fedora a couple years back and couldn't get it to work right either.
I have been using Mint for a long time now...don't have any reason to change.
Figured I'd switch to Ubuntu MATE but had some problems with it specifically when I minimized a package I had open it would disappear and I couldn't find it also VLC wouldn't run half my DVDs even though I installed all the restricted extras so yesterday I installed Mint 18 Cinnamon, so far not only does everything work right out of the box it boots faster and runs smoother, the only issue I have with it is the panel opacity control doesn't exist, a minor annoyance.

I started out with RedHat back in the 90's, I loved RH 5..pretty bullet proof and was a must for sys admins running a network linking multiple OS's. Xserver was surprisingly configurable and easy to personalize...way beyond Windows GUI at the time.
I also tried Fedora a couple years back and couldn't get it to work right either.
I have been using Mint for a long time now...don't have any reason to change.
Figured I'd switch to Ubuntu MATE but had some problems with it specifically when I minimized a package I had open it would disappear and I couldn't find it also VLC wouldn't run half my DVDs even though I installed all the restricted extras so yesterday I installed Mint 18 Cinnamon, so far not only does everything work right out of the box it boots faster and runs smoother, the only issue I have with it is the panel opacity control doesn't exist, a minor annoyance.
This can´t be satisfying. All that shit doesn´t work.

This OS is teh awesome though. Fedora 25 LXDE. Hardened kernel, built from barebones. Don't remember root pw. :rolleyes:
Note that Ryzen only supports Windows 10. Certain features will only work in Windows 10 and you won´t get updates when using Windows 7. Same for latest Intel CPUs.

Note that Ryzen only supports Windows 10. Certain features will only work in Windows 10 and you won´t get updates when using Windows 7. Same for latest Intel CPUs.

If Ryzen doesn't work with xp, I won't even buy it.

What's the real skinny on it? You know what?, I know the qualified people to ask that, it's probably not you.

What's the real skinny on it? You know what?, I know the qualified people to ask that, it's probably not you.
It will probably work but neither AMD nor MS will provide drivers for that processors. Maybe, there will be no automatic overclocking or "hyperthreading" but that´s something you should ask your qualified people. It´s senseless to try to install XP on such a machine, anyway. It will be slow and won´t benefit from today´s mainboards´ performance. Maybe, you should talk to your qualified people about that. Surely, they will tell you to use at least Windows 7. I for my part have been building my own computers for many years and try to be at least basically informed.

It will probably work but neither AMD nor MS will provide drivers for that processors. Maybe, there will be no automatic overclocking or "hyperthreading" but that´s something you should ask your qualified people. It´s senseless to try to install XP on such a machine, anyway. It will be slow and won´t benefit from today´s mainboards´ performance. Maybe, you should talk to your qualified people about that. Surely, they will tell you to use at least Windows 7. I for my part have been building my own computers for many years and try to be at least basically informed.

Bah, idgaf.
I know how to work it.

Support, schmuport. Good possibility The Stilt has drivers. ;)

I'm not on Linux by accident, I'm on Linux at the suggestion of a couple of my friends, one's Mexican and the other is Pinoy. It really does work.

Bah, idgaf.
I know how to work it.

Support, schmuport. Good possibility The Stilt has drivers. ;)
There are some fake Ryzens around on Amazon, which are old Celerons :D

Not sure of your point here. I built a AMD machine last winter and run LibreElec on it. The ASROCK mobo updated the cpu driver early on. The OS uses the latest GPU drivers.

I'm not on Linux by accident, I'm on Linux at the suggestion of a couple of my friends, one's Mexican and the other is Pinoy. It really does work.
Some people swear by Linux but in the end they all have a dualboot system with Windows. My conclusion is that one of that operating systems is waste of space...

Some people swear by Linux but in the end they all have a dualboot system with Windows. My conclusion is that one of that operating systems is waste of space...
Your head is a waste of space. I have three computers with nothing else on them. You must have a drawer full of MS dildos.

Not sure of your point here. I built a AMD machine last winter and run LibreElec on it. The ASROCK mobo updated the cpu driver early on. The OS uses the latest GPU drivers.
It only applies for the new CPUs with the Zen architecture.

AMD: Sorry, there will be no official Ryzen drivers for Windows 7

It only applies for the new CPUs with the Zen architecture.

AMD: Sorry, there will be no official Ryzen drivers for Windows 7

Oh looky dere, bo-randy has a fix:
How To Get Ryzen Working on Windows 7 x64

Forum List

Back