Unity is dead

Aw c'mon Blei, embedded linux is everywhere...everywhere. And it is superior to embedded windows. It just is, and that is why so manufacturers of specific use systems use a Linux kernel...you can literally make the OS less than 1MB..which is the beauty, so little to go wrong. To this day the best Firewall I have ever used is the old "floppy firewall"...virtually unhackable since it runs completely in RAM and the server has no hard drive. But gee - you can't make money with uncomplicated software that can run on any used computer or $50 mini computers.
I didn´t say embedded Linux is bad. It is made under professional conditions. Superior to Windows? I doubt it since Windows is omnipresent. Even in buses of the local public transport.
Oh wow. It's in buses, fuck me to tears.

Look, it's obvious how you get your bread buttered. A lot of Mac fans will be disappointed to learn how inferior their choice is as well. Go back to playing Fourth Reich or whatever you were doing.

.... Windows is omnipresent....

See I don't take you as a troll, just posting to get a rise, but comments like this I know you are smarter than this.
You know why Windows is omnipresent, you know it has nothing to do with who is better or worse. you know it.
So why use that argument?

Aw c'mon Blei, embedded linux is everywhere...everywhere. And it is superior to embedded windows. It just is, and that is why so manufacturers of specific use systems use a Linux kernel...you can literally make the OS less than 1MB..which is the beauty, so little to go wrong. To this day the best Firewall I have ever used is the old "floppy firewall"...virtually unhackable since it runs completely in RAM and the server has no hard drive. But gee - you can't make money with uncomplicated software that can run on any used computer or $50 mini computers.
I didn´t say embedded Linux is bad. It is made under professional conditions. Superior to Windows? I doubt it since Windows is omnipresent. Even in buses of the local public transport.
Windows isn't "omnipresent" because it's better, it's omnipresent because of marketing.
Munich has changed to Linux and they regret it. They are currently changing back to Windows. It is because it works.

Windows isn't "omnipresent" because it's better, it's omnipresent because of marketing.
Munich has changed to Linux and they regret it. They are currently changing back to Windows. It is because it works.
Yet no definitive examples of why they "regret it"........... Uummmmm.........

You are not the average user but a Linux fanatic. You probably won´t even draw money from an ATM powered by Windows which is why you are on food stamps.
You made a LOT of stupid statements. I never claimed to be a Linux fanatic, hardly a geek. The POINT it is not as complicated as Microsoft assholes like you make it out to be. Windows on ATMS? Food stamps? You're a dumb shill trying to pretend to know something. MS relies on dumbfucks just like you.
"An estimated 95% of American bank ATMs run on Windows XP"
95% of bank ATMs face Windows XP security deadline
An article over 3 years old? And it's means what, I don't use ATMs? What's wrong with you?
A hyperbole but it shows your irrational MS hatred.
It's irrational? You stupid smug little MicroNazi.

Oh wow. It's in buses, fuck me to tears.

Look, it's obvious how you get your bread buttered. A lot of Mac fans will be disappointed to learn how inferior their choice is as well. Go back to playing Fourth Reich or whatever you were doing.
Just watch your language. You are not a good example for a Linux user. People might think those are degenerated and crazed morons with tourette syndrome.

Most simple stuff didn´t work. MS office is far superior to Open Office. The order to change to Linux was a political decision. And it was the employees who had to use it who protested.

.... Windows is omnipresent....

See I don't take you as a troll, just posting to get a rise, but comments like this I know you are smarter than this.
You know why Windows is omnipresent, you know it has nothing to do with who is better or worse. you know it.
So why use that argument?
Because its valid. Windows didn´t fall from the skies. It was a great success and it helped to establish the PC platform.

Most simple stuff didn´t work. MS office is far superior to Open Office. The order to change to Linux was a political decision. And it was the employees who had to use it who protested.
Of course the employees protested, that's an obvious duh. Why? Because people don't like change, they like what they're familiar with, nothing more, nothing less.

Because its valid. Windows didn´t fall from the skies. It was a great success and it helped to establish the PC platform.

Well actually MSDOS did kinda "fall from the sky" as it wasn't their OS....I think you know the story of MSDOS...and I think you know the story of their original GUI and that wasn't theirs either. In fact, M$ is the least innovative global computer corporation in the world - ever. Virtually every feature they have, they either stole, borrowed or bought from someone else's innovation.
That is their basic method of doing business.
And when M$ trie sto be innovative - they fail. Hard.

Of course the employees protested, that's an obvious duh. Why? Because people don't like change, they like what they're familiar with, nothing more, nothing less.
Its because thy had to use Linux and then switch to Windows for certain tasks. Completely senseless. A failed prestige project (LiMux) by Munich.

Its because thy had to use Linux and then switch to Windows for certain tasks. Completely senseless. A failed prestige project (LiMux) by Munich.
Then why blame Linux? Completely senseless............ :eusa_whistle:

Well actually MSDOS did kinda "fall from the sky" as it wasn't their OS....I think you know the story of MSDOS...and I think you know the story of their original GUI and that wasn't theirs either. In fact, M$ is the least innovative global computer corporation in the world - ever. Virtually every feature they have, they either stole, borrowed or bought from someone else's innovation.
That is their basic method of doing business.
And when M$ trie sto be innovative - they fail. Hard.
They purchased it and turned it into a successful and reliable OS for IBM.

They literally suffered from it and its non-usability.

They literally suffered from it and its non-usability.
They tried to create Frankenstein's monster and you blame the creation....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They purchased it and turned it into a successful and reliable OS for IBM.

That is arguable, it was so reliable that IBM tried to write their own to get away from Microsoft.
But, IBM, by their own admittance, are truly terrible at writing software - so it failed.
Reliable is downright hilarious. WIndows was deathly unreliable as an OS until the 2nd Gen of Windows 98...and even that was not that reliable.
The first honestly good OS M$ wrote was Windows 2000...which was the precursor to XP.
It only took them like 15 years to make the first reliable OS.
Hilarious.

So in other words some people tried to make a distro, they couldn't complete and you blame Linux.
Got it.
Yes, a special distro. And I don´t "blame" Linux.
Coulda fooled me......... :eusa_whistle:
Linux could certainly be a a good OS. But its free. No professionals make free stuff, they have a living to manage.

So in other words some people tried to make a distro, they couldn't complete and you blame Linux.
Got it.
Yes, a special distro. And I don´t "blame" Linux.
Coulda fooled me......... :eusa_whistle:
Linux could certainly be a a good OS. But its free. No professionals make free stuff, they have a living to manage.
Professionals don't have hobbies? They don't do things like create and maintain distros on a collective basis simply due to the love of what they do?
Basically you're so full of shit your eyes are brown........

Forum List

Back