Unity is dead

Yeesh, Every install is unique, even with Winders.

This one's been really good.

It's Fedora with LXDE.

I like it simple. Pretty much anything you need is available too, and has more power than Ubuntu.

No tarballz, just Yum it up, see if it's compatible, and install.
Like I said earlier, I wanted to try Fedora but nomatter where I downloaded the ISO from it wouldn't burn correctly, I tried three different mirrors and three different discs.

Oh! I might can find the thing fer that.

Yeesh, Every install is unique, even with Winders.

This one's been really good.

It's Fedora with LXDE.

I like it simple. Pretty much anything you need is available too, and has more power than Ubuntu.

No tarballz, just Yum it up, see if it's compatible, and install.
Like I said earlier, I wanted to try Fedora but nomatter where I downloaded the ISO from it wouldn't burn correctly, I tried three different mirrors and three different discs.

Oh! I might can find the thing fer that.
I'd like to take a look at it so yeah.

Don't have an extra thumb drive big enough so I'd like to do it via a dvd.

Probly not a problem. You could try xboot.
Tried that also, couldn't get it to work. :dunno:

break yoself and spend $8 on a usb

or you could go $6 and a micro-sd with usb converter.

(if your computer recognizes it)
I do have a micro with adapter the problem is I just moved so I have no idea which box it's in........ and over $3 grand later I'm pinching pennies, literally but I did find my dvds........

I do have a micro with adapter the problem is I just moved so I have no idea which box it's in........ and over $3 grand later I'm pinching pennies, literally but I did find my dvds........

I know how it can be.

Definitely install YUMEX then there's something else so you don't have to type root in every time.

I know how it can be.
It worked and I'm on the live disc right now. Basically it looks almost exactly like Ubuntu's GNOME 3 interface.

I know how it can be.
It worked and I'm on the live disc right now. Basically it looks almost exactly like Ubuntu's GNOME 3 interface.

Linux installs look strikingly similar. Try the LX desktop.

Definitely install YUMEX then there's something else so you don't have to type root in every time.
I'm so used to sudo apt-get...........

That gets replaced with su yum

Write down root pw. :eusa_whistle:
Looked it over, not bad but I'm not a Linux purist, I like my restricted extras, etc pre installed or available in the software repositories besides the Fedora Workstation runs GNOME 3 interface so there's really not that big of a difference from Ubuntu Gnome.
Thanks anyway.

You didn't get the right one.

Mine has LXDE and anything a basic websurfer would need included.

Maybe even an advanced websurfer. :eek:

You didn't get the right one.

Mine has LXDE and anything a basic websurfer would need included.

Maybe even an advanced websurfer. :eek:
I've tried different LXDE versions, don't like em, I like my full sized land yacht with all the bells and whistles........

I started out with RedHat back in the 90's, I loved RH 5..pretty bullet proof and was a must for sys admins running a network linking multiple OS's. Xserver was surprisingly configurable and easy to personalize...way beyond Windows GUI at the time.
I also tried Fedora a couple years back and couldn't get it to work right either.
I have been using Mint for a long time now...don't have any reason to change.

Forum List

Back