Disabling regional requirements?

Damaged Eagle

Behind blue eyes
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2015
I have hours, only lonely
upload_2017-6-18_22-36-39.jpeg

I just received a movie series on DVD that I wanted for Father's Day. I've never had it come up before but when I place it in the DVD player it says that there are regional restrictions.

Obviously I'm not going to be able to get my money back since the item is now open.

Does anyone know how to bypass this BS?

*****SMILE*****

:)

I just received a movie series on DVD that I wanted for Father's Day. I've never had it come up before but when I place it in the DVD player it says that there are regional restrictions.

Obviously I'm not going to be able to get my money back since the item is now open.

Does anyone know how to bypass this BS?

*****SMILE*****
Yes, enjoying limited release foreign films can be a real pain because of regional coding.
The long answer is, yes, your DVD player can *probably* be converted to play all regions, but the method varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. You can also play out of region DVD on your computer if you switch the coding on the control panel. However, you can generally only switch it a few times before it stays, permanently, in which ever one it happens to be in when you run out of "switches".
The short, and more likely the best solution is to get an all regions DVD player. They run around $60USD and up. I bought one from Yesasia a bunch of years ago. They no longer sell them, but other electronics retailers do sell them.

Use "region-free DVD player" as a search term.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back