Unity is dead

I'm not on Linux by accident, I'm on Linux at the suggestion of a couple of my friends, one's Mexican and the other is Pinoy. It really does work.
Some people swear by Linux but in the end they all have a dualboot system with Windows. My conclusion is that one of that operating systems is waste of space...
Your head is a waste of space. I have three computers with nothing else on them. You must have a drawer full of MS dildos.
You are not the average user but a Linux fanatic. You probably won´t even draw money from an ATM powered by Windows which is why you are on food stamps.

I'm not on Linux by accident, I'm on Linux at the suggestion of a couple of my friends, one's Mexican and the other is Pinoy. It really does work.
Some people swear by Linux but in the end they all have a dualboot system with Windows. My conclusion is that one of that operating systems is waste of space...
Your head is a waste of space. I have three computers with nothing else on them. You must have a drawer full of MS dildos.
You are not the average user but a Linux fanatic. You probably won´t even draw money from an ATM powered by Windows which is why you are on food stamps.

Biitch, only time I ever used food stamps is when i paid cash for 'um , 2 for one.

I have like 5 Intel chips I can RMA and build a complete Ryzen system. I want the Crosshair, though. No , I think I sold that. Crosshair is the best.

Note that Ryzen only supports Windows 10. Certain features will only work in Windows 10 and you won´t get updates when using Windows 7. Same for latest Intel CPUs.

If Ryzen doesn't work with xp, I won't even buy it.

What's the real skinny on it? You know what?, I know the qualified people to ask that, it's probably not you.
It will probably work but neither AMD nor MS will provide drivers for that processors. Maybe, there will be no automatic overclocking or "hyperthreading" but that´s something you should ask your qualified people. It´s senseless to try to install XP on such a machine, anyway. It will be slow and won´t benefit from today´s mainboards´ performance. Maybe, you should talk to your qualified people about that. Surely, they will tell you to use at least Windows 7. I for my part have been building my own computers for many years and try to be at least basically informed.
Not sure of your point here. I built a AMD machine last winter and run LibreElec on it. The ASROCK mobo updated the cpu driver early on. The OS uses the latest GPU drivers.
It only applies for the new CPUs with the Zen architecture.

AMD: Sorry, there will be no official Ryzen drivers for Windows 7

Oh looky dere, bo-randy has a fix:
How To Get Ryzen Working on Windows 7 x64
Still you can run into trouble at any time. The only reasonable solution is to run Windows 10 or simply buy an older CPU.

If Ryzen doesn't work with xp, I won't even buy it.

What's the real skinny on it? You know what?, I know the qualified people to ask that, it's probably not you.
It will probably work but neither AMD nor MS will provide drivers for that processors. Maybe, there will be no automatic overclocking or "hyperthreading" but that´s something you should ask your qualified people. It´s senseless to try to install XP on such a machine, anyway. It will be slow and won´t benefit from today´s mainboards´ performance. Maybe, you should talk to your qualified people about that. Surely, they will tell you to use at least Windows 7. I for my part have been building my own computers for many years and try to be at least basically informed.
Not sure of your point here. I built a AMD machine last winter and run LibreElec on it. The ASROCK mobo updated the cpu driver early on. The OS uses the latest GPU drivers.

Still you can run into trouble at any time. The only reasonable solution is to run Windows 10 or simply buy an older CPU.

:fu: Win10. I'll install a Ryzen setup with 7x64 real soon, maybe.

Biitch, only time I ever used food stamps is when i paid cash for 'um , 2 for one.

I have like 5 Intel chips I can RMA and build a complete Ryzen system. I want the Crosshair, though. No , I think I sold that. Crosshair is the best.
This was directed to iceweasel and no, you can´t RMA for fun. And I don´t think you need Crosshair. 150 bucks are surely more than enough for a MB.

Good luck with that...

Good luck with that...

I'll be aight. I teach 1/2 of um how to do it.

I'll put a socket 1156 Win7 install on a Ryzen setup. :tongue: If I want to.

I started out with RedHat back in the 90's, I loved RH 5..pretty bullet proof and was a must for sys admins running a network linking multiple OS's. Xserver was surprisingly configurable and easy to personalize...way beyond Windows GUI at the time.
I also tried Fedora a couple years back and couldn't get it to work right either.
I have been using Mint for a long time now...don't have any reason to change.
Figured I'd switch to Ubuntu MATE but had some problems with it specifically when I minimized a package I had open it would disappear and I couldn't find it also VLC wouldn't run half my DVDs even though I installed all the restricted extras so yesterday I installed Mint 18 Cinnamon, so far not only does everything work right out of the box it boots faster and runs smoother, the only issue I have with it is the panel opacity control doesn't exist, a minor annoyance.
This can´t be satisfying. All that shit doesn´t work.
I assume it may have been a corrupted ISO so some things didn't work correctly as with every other version I've used worked well, I've occasionally had that issue with Windows installations also so don't pat yourself on the back just yet. Instead of messing with it I simply decided to try Mint (again).

I started out with RedHat back in the 90's, I loved RH 5..pretty bullet proof and was a must for sys admins running a network linking multiple OS's. Xserver was surprisingly configurable and easy to personalize...way beyond Windows GUI at the time.
I also tried Fedora a couple years back and couldn't get it to work right either.
Figured I'd switch to Ubuntu MATE but had some problems with it specifically when I minimized a package I had open it would disappear and I couldn't find it also VLC wouldn't run half my DVDs even though I installed all the restricted extras so yesterday I installed Mint 18 Cinnamon, so far not only does everything work right out of the box it boots faster and runs smoother, the only issue I have with it is the panel opacity control doesn't exist, a minor annoyance.
I assume it may have been a corrupted ISO so some things didn't work correctly as with every other version I've used worked well, I've occasionally had that issue with Windows installations also so don't pat yourself on the back just yet. Instead of messing with it I simply decided to try Mint (again).
Well, I have similar experience. I think if those Linux makers would not do hundred distros at a time but work together on one, the result would be far better.

You made a LOT of stupid statements. I never claimed to be a Linux fanatic, hardly a geek. The POINT it is not as complicated as Microsoft assholes like you make it out to be. Windows on ATMS? Food stamps? You're a dumb shill trying to pretend to know something. MS relies on dumbfucks just like you.

Well, I have similar experience. I think if those Linux makers would not do hundred distros at a time but work together on one, the result would be far better.
Linux makers? You keep doubling down on ignorance. Linux is the kernel, which speaks to the hardware. It's largely a volunteer effort and developers improve on it and the distro teams put together the OS components that matter to them for various reasons.

That's a good thing, not a bad thing. I'm on an old laptop right now, using a lightweight Mint LMCE. It doesn't have quite all the bells and whistles but damn near. I can run Kodi and watch streaming shows or have Firefox and Thunderbird open like right now. With only 2 gigs of ram.

I don't need some knownothing MS shill telling me how wrong/inferior/dumb that is. Apart from all that you are in a constant spending cycle, right where they want you.

You made a LOT of stupid statements. I never claimed to be a Linux fanatic, hardly a geek. The POINT it is not as complicated as Microsoft assholes like you make it out to be. Windows on ATMS? Food stamps? You're a dumb shill trying to pretend to know something. MS relies on dumbfucks just like you.
"An estimated 95% of American bank ATMs run on Windows XP"
95% of bank ATMs face Windows XP security deadline

Linux makers? You keep doubling down on ignorance. Linux is the kernel, which speaks to the hardware. It's largely a volunteer effort and developers improve on it and the distro teams put together the OS components that matter to them for various reasons.

That's a good thing, not a bad thing. I'm on an old laptop right now, using a lightweight Mint LMCE. It doesn't have quite all the bells and whistles but damn near. I can run Kodi and watch streaming shows or have Firefox and Thunderbird open like right now. With only 2 gigs of ram.

I don't need some knownothing MS shill telling me how wrong/inferior/dumb that is. Apart from all that you are in a constant spending cycle, right where they want you.
The quality of the many distros is inferior. Those having to use a slimmed OS despite 2 GB of Ram, are inferior, too.

The quality of the many distros is inferior. Those having to use a slimmed OS despite 2 GB of Ram, are inferior, too.
Like I said, you're a KNOW NOTHING. Firefox and Thunderbird are resource hogs, not much an OS can do about that, little boy.

An article over 3 years old? And it means what, I don't use ATMs? What's wrong with you?

Last edited:
Aw c'mon Blei, embedded linux is everywhere...everywhere. And it is superior to embedded windows. It just is, and that is why so manufacturers of specific use systems use a Linux kernel...you can literally make the OS less than 1MB..which is the beauty, so little to go wrong. To this day the best Firewall I have ever used is the old "floppy firewall"...virtually unhackable since it runs completely in RAM and the server has no hard drive. But gee - you can't make money with uncomplicated software that can run on any used computer or $50 mini computers.

An article over 3 years old? And it's means what, I don't use ATMs? What's wrong with you?
A hyperbole but it shows your irrational MS hatred.

Aw c'mon Blei, embedded linux is everywhere...everywhere. And it is superior to embedded windows. It just is, and that is why so manufacturers of specific use systems use a Linux kernel...you can literally make the OS less than 1MB..which is the beauty, so little to go wrong. To this day the best Firewall I have ever used is the old "floppy firewall"...virtually unhackable since it runs completely in RAM and the server has no hard drive. But gee - you can't make money with uncomplicated software that can run on any used computer or $50 mini computers.
I didn´t say embedded Linux is bad. It is made under professional conditions. Superior to Windows? I doubt it since Windows is omnipresent. Even in buses of the local public transport.

I didn´t say embedded Linux is bad. It is made under professional conditions. Superior to Windows? I doubt it since Windows is omnipresent. Even in buses of the local public transport.
Windows isn't "omnipresent" because it's better, it's omnipresent because of marketing.

An article over 3 years old? And it's means what, I don't use ATMs? What's wrong with you?
A hyperbole but it shows your irrational MS hatred.
It's irrational? You stupid smug little MicroNazi.

Forum List

Back