Unemployment rates were made worse by Bush, not Obama!

You inverted your number, it was 4.2

Starting in Jan. 20, 2001, at the beginning of George W. Bush’s administration, the rate was 2.4 percent, but by the time he left in January 2009 it had reached 7 percent. The rate now is 5.9% and is on track to get even lower.
No, he's looking at a campaign website for Connecticut's 5th district. That isn't the entire country but he's too stupid to figure that out.
Yeah, I guess what happened 4 years ago means less than what happened 6 years ago.
Still, it's nice to get confirmation from the Left that Obama has not solved anything.

The link was about the unemployment rate in the entire country. Obviously you are too stupid to read the link correctly. That being said, if there is an error it is not mine, its the link. That is why we all should provide links so they can be scrutinized.

However, either way, that still does not detract from the op. Even if Bush inherited a 4.2% unemployment rate it was no where near that when he left office. The unemployment rate under Obama has still declined below the rate it was when he took office.
So you post a link with an obvious misstatement and we're supposed to take you seriously?
Yeah, the UE rate is lower now than when Obama took office.
But surprisingly food stamp enrollment, disability, and other measures of government dependence are higher. That isn't supposed to happen.
And all of those jobs only cost us an extra $7 Trillion. A bargain!

Starting in Jan. 20, 2001, at the beginning of George W. Bush’s administration, the rate was 2.4 percent, but by the time he left in January 2009 it had reached 7 percent. The rate now is 5.9% and is on track to get even lower.
Funny when Bush left office more people were participating in the work force than are now
Care to expound on that?
It's called the Workforce Participation Rate. Go check it out to see what a fucking disaster clown your president is.

]
No, more people are participating now, but the percent of the population participating is lower.

Can you clarify pinqy? The population is probably larger now, but percentage wise less people are employed currently. So we are making a comparision between Bush's highest unemployment rate and Obama's lowest? How is that a fair comparison or even noteworthy?
I believe what he is saying is that less of a PERCENTAGE of total population is working now....however, MORE people are working now.

so just using fake figures:

if we had 100,000 as our population and 50% were working, 50,000 would be working.

if we had 150,000 as our population and only 45% were working, 67,500 would be working.

Soooooooo, even though the working participation rate got reduced, from 50% participating in work to only 45% participation in work, because our overall population rose, the lower 45% rate of participation, still equates to 17,500 MORE people working.

Funny when Bush left office more people were participating in the work force than are now
Care to expound on that?
It's called the Workforce Participation Rate. Go check it out to see what a fucking disaster clown your president is.
Ain't it funny how even those who think they are smart don't realize how stupid they are for failing to see the numbers are wrong and don't match when all the data is laid out together.

You don't lie about unemployment figures because 16 million Americans who used to have jobs have exhausted their government unemployment benefits. Those people didn't just disappear. They weren't alien abducted.

They're still unemployed or way underemployed. "But they don't count," says the White House. "If they aren't on some kind of government dole, well then that means they're not unemployed." That's the stilted logic of the left. That's the great lie of the left.

How long do you think the left can subsist on a foundation of bullshit? The real unemployment rate in America? Probably 12%. Stop blaming Obama and Bush. The one person responsible for the economic disaster that hit the world in 2007 was Bill Clinton, period.
Since you did not provide a link I wonder if anything you said was true.

No, more people are participating now, but the percent of the population participating is lower.
Dude you just contradicted yourself.

Care to expound on that?
Go in your blame bush wonderland with unicorns and butterflies and happy music If I have to explain what I said you are to fucking stupid to try and do it.

IN
how do you figure?

January, 2009
Labor Force = 154,210,000
Population = 234,739,000
So the participation rate was 154,210/234,739,000= 65.7%

September 2014
Labor Force = 155,862,000 THE LABOR FORCE IS BIGGER
Population = 248,446,000
Participation rate= 155,862,000/248,446,000 = 62.7%

The number of people in the Labor Force is bigger.
The percent of the population in the Labor Force is lower.

What do you think is contradictory?​

IN
how do you figure?

January, 2009
Population = 234,739,000

September 2014
Population = 248,446,000

Go back and slowly say out loud what you wrote and think about it for a second.
More people are working but fewer people are working now.

IN
how do you figure?

January, 2009
Population = 234,739,000

September 2014
Population = 248,446,000

The unemployment rate was made worse by the welfare/warfare party to which Bush and Obama belong .

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
QCmB7rm.png

IN
how do you figure?

January, 2009
Population = 234,739,000

September 2014
Population = 248,446,000

I didn't say that.
First, I wasn't talking about the number of people working, I was talking about the labor force, which is employed PLUS UNEMPLOYED.

Second, I said the number in the the labor force is bigger but the PERCENT of the population in the labor force is smaller.
Do you really not understand how percentages work? I showed the math...it's pretty straightforward

IN
how do you figure?

January, 2009
Population = 234,739,000

September 2014
Population = 248,446,000

I didn't say that.
First, I wasn't talking about the number of people working, I was talking about the labor force, which is employed PLUS UNEMPLOYED.

Second, I said the number in the the labor force is bigger but the PERCENT of the population in the labor force is smaller.
Do you really not understand how percentages work? I showed the math...it's pretty straightforward
Yes you did so that you don't understand you said it that way.

Are you for real, Homer? I guess because the White House puts up a "link", that means their mountains of propaganda are true? How many times has this president been caught lying? 500 times? 1000 times? Are you really so stupid that you believe the unemployment rate in the US is below 6%? You know what Lenin meant by "useful idiot" don't you?

IN
how do you figure?

January, 2009
Population = 234,739,000

September 2014
Population = 248,446,000

I didn't say that.

Yes you did so that you don't understand you said it that way.
I wrote:"No, more people are participating now,"
The number participating: 155,862,000 is more people

"but the percent of the population participating is lower"
The PERCENT is lower.

I know my own words and they don't contradict..

Are you for real, Homer? I guess because the White House puts up a "link", that means their mountains of propaganda are true? How many times has this president been caught lying? 500 times? 1000 times? Are you really so stupid that you believe the unemployment rate in the US is below 6%? You know what Lenin meant by "useful idiot" don't you?
The economic stats come from Census, BLS, and BEA. They keep desperate from the policy parts of the government and no one in the administration has access to the data.

But feel free to present your data that doesn't change the definitions to mm make things look worse.
Here, I'll help: U.S. Employment Weekly
For the week of September 7-13 (the reference week the government uses) Gallup has a UE rate of 6.5% with a margin of error of +/- 0.7% and BLS has 5.9% with a margin of error of +/- 0.2%
So Gallup says between 5.8% and 7.2%
BLS says between 5.7% and 6.1%
So no significant difference.

Last edited:
People on both sides can and do skew and cherry pick numbers the key questions here are the jobs high skill high paying jobs or low skill low paying ones people are taking and are they full or part time? The type of jobs being created is just as important if not more important than the number created.

People on both sides can and do skew and cherry pick numbers the key questions here are the jobs high skill high paying jobs or low skill low paying ones people are taking and are they full or part time? The type of jobs being created is just as important if not more important than the number created.
My off the wall conjecture is: most of the unemployed are low skilled or high school grad workers is my best guess....when you see unemployment rates for the male black community running at 20% and the higher late teen unemployment rates, though college grads are also suffering in higher numbers too, so maybe it is not necessarily low skilled but 'inexperienced workers'' are having a tougher time? So the higher skilled workers/jobs are probably doing okay....?

Forum List

Back