Unemployment rates were made worse by Bush, not Obama!

]
No, more people are participating now, but the percent of the population participating is lower.

Can you clarify pinqy? The population is probably larger now, but percentage wise less people are employed currently. So we are making a comparision between Bush's highest unemployment rate and Obama's lowest? How is that a fair comparison or even noteworthy?
You inverted your number, it was 4.2

Starting in Jan. 20, 2001, at the beginning of George W. Bush’s administration, the rate was 2.4 percent, but by the time he left in January 2009 it had reached 7 percent. The rate now is 5.9% and is on track to get even lower.
No, he's looking at a campaign website for Connecticut's 5th district. That isn't the entire country but he's too stupid to figure that out.
Yeah, I guess what happened 4 years ago means less than what happened 6 years ago.
Still, it's nice to get confirmation from the Left that Obama has not solved anything.

The link was about the unemployment rate in the entire country. Obviously you are too stupid to read the link correctly. That being said, if there is an error it is not mine, its the link. That is why we all should provide links so they can be scrutinized.

However, either way, that still does not detract from the op. Even if Bush inherited a 4.2% unemployment rate it was no where near that when he left office. The unemployment rate under Obama has still declined below the rate it was when he took office.
So you post a link with an obvious misstatement and we're supposed to take you seriously?
Yeah, the UE rate is lower now than when Obama took office.
But surprisingly food stamp enrollment, disability, and other measures of government dependence are higher. That isn't supposed to happen.
And all of those jobs only cost us an extra $7 Trillion. A bargain!

At least I posted one. That is something you rarely do! But I can see why. You would likely misread your own links, like you did mine, and you expect us to take YOU seriously?

Starting in Jan. 20, 2001, at the beginning of George W. Bush’s administration, the rate was 2.4 percent, but by the time he left in January 2009 it had reached 7 percent. The rate now is 5.9% and is on track to get even lower.
Funny when Bush left office more people were participating in the work force than are now
Care to expound on that?
It's called the Workforce Participation Rate. Go check it out to see what a fucking disaster clown your president is.
The disaster clowns may have been in place before Obama took office:
Since this workforce participation in labor has seemingly neutered the gains made in reducing unemployment I was curious as to why that happened. The BLS statistics show the numbers but not the reasons behind that data. A White House report provided more insight.

A White House report says declining participation in labour force had pre-recession roots

Jul 17, 2014 Jim Kuhnhenn, The Associated Press 0

WASHINGTON – Declaring the Great Recession only partly to blame, White House economists say the increasing number of Americans dropping out of the labour force dampens economic growth and demands policy changes that create more job opportunities and add workers.

In a new report released Thursday, President Barack Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers point to an aging population as the biggest single factor contributing to the lowest participation rate in 36 years. The report also says the elevated unemployment rate, which climbed to 10 per cent in 2009, drove workers to put off looking for a job.

But they say other factors might be at play, including long-term declining rates for 24- to 54-year-old men and a more recent decline in the participation in the labour force by women.

The decline in the labour force — currently at 62.8 per cent compared to a high of 67.3 per cent in 2000 — has been one of the more baffling indicators to emerge during the economic recovery, clouding an otherwise improving jobs picture. The participation rate has declined even as companies have increased hiring and as the unemployment rate has declined.

MORE:

White House report says declining participation in labour force had pre-recession roots - Canadian Business

People on both sides can and do skew and cherry pick numbers the key questions here are the jobs high skill high paying jobs or low skill low paying ones people are taking and are they full or part time? The type of jobs being created is just as important if not more important than the number created.
My off the wall conjecture is: most of the unemployed are low skilled or high school grad workers is my best guess....when you see unemployment rates for the male black community running at 20% and the higher late teen unemployment rates, though college grads are also suffering in higher numbers too, so maybe it is not necessarily low skilled but 'inexperienced workers'' are having a tougher time? So the higher skilled workers/jobs are probably doing okay....?
The one thing I can say for sure is when it comes to the unemployment rate you have to look at more than just the overall rate to get the full picture and most on both the right and left just look at whatever part best fits their agenda.

JQ, your nonsense is not even worth replying to. You are willfully omitting the numbers that are under-employed or have left the workforce entirely.
What definition of underemployed do you mean, and how can it be measured.

As for those who leave the labor force, there are many reasons to do so, and most are non-economic and therefore don't tell us anything about the economic conditions.

Since you did not provide a link I wonder if anything you said was true.

Are you for real, Homer? I guess because the White House puts up a "link", that means their mountains of propaganda are true? How many times has this president been caught lying? 500 times? 1000 times? Are you really so stupid that you believe the unemployment rate in the US is below 6%? You know what Lenin meant by "useful idiot" don't you?
What I believe is immaterial. At least a link can be scrutinized for accuracy, Your arcane BS is too personalized to be of any value without some source!

JQ, your nonsense is not even worth replying to. You are willfully omitting the numbers that are under-employed or have left the workforce entirely.

You are a useless Jack-off.
Are you too lazy to look up those numbers if they exist? Educate me if you can! I am open to constructive criticism and new knowledge.

QCmB7rm.png
Your chart is from April. The latest data is from September…146.6 million.
Population isn't going to grow that fast try again.

Funny when Bush left office more people were participating in the work force than are now
Care to expound on that?
It's called the Workforce Participation Rate. Go check it out to see what a fucking disaster clown your president is.
Since this workforce participation in labor has seemingly neutered the gains made in reducing unemployment I was curious as to why that happened. The BLS statistics show the numbers but not the reasons behind that data. A White House report provided more insight.

A White House report says declining participation in labour force had pre-recession roots

WASHINGTON – Declaring the Great Recession only partly to blame, White House economists say the increasing number of Americans dropping out of the labour force dampens economic growth and demands policy changes that create more job opportunities and add workers.

In a new report released Thursday, President Barack Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers point to an aging population as the biggest single factor contributing to the lowest participation rate in 36 years. The report also says the elevated unemployment rate, which climbed to 10 per cent in 2009, drove workers to put off looking for a job.

But they say other factors might be at play, including long-term declining rates for 24- to 54-year-old men and a more recent decline in the participation in the labour force by women.

The decline in the labour force — currently at 62.8 per cent compared to a high of 67.3 per cent in 2000 — has been one of the more baffling indicators to emerge during the economic recovery, clouding an otherwise improving jobs picture. The participation rate has declined even as companies have increased hiring and as the unemployment rate has declined.

MORE:

White House report says declining participation in labour force had pre-recession roots - Canadian Business
The white house said? Hell if the white house the sky was green you would eat it up like shit ice cream.

Care to expound on that?

MORE:

The white house said? Hell if the white house the sky was green you would eat it up like shit ice cream.

No, that is not true. But , I don't see any viable explanations for the workforce participation disparity coming from the right! That is , other than Obama bashing, Do you have something valuable to add?

Forbes Puts America's Real Unemployment Rate at 12.6%

Tackling The Real Unemployment Rate 12.6 - Forbes
Well, I guess Forbes knows more than anyone else according to you! So was the rate under previous administrations much higher than publicized? That must be the case, huh? But the White House report did raise an interesting point. At no time in history has so many Americans reached retirement age. The retiring baby boomers surely have some impact on the numbers of Americans leaving the workforce!

Obama is in trouble!

Obama Fluffers, to the kneepads!!!

People on both sides can and do skew and cherry pick numbers the key questions here are the jobs high skill high paying jobs or low skill low paying ones people are taking and are they full or part time? The type of jobs being created is just as important if not more important than the number created.
My off the wall conjecture is: most of the unemployed are low skilled or high school grad workers is my best guess....when you see unemployment rates for the male black community running at 20% and the higher late teen unemployment rates, though college grads are also suffering in higher numbers too, so maybe it is not necessarily low skilled but 'inexperienced workers'' are having a tougher time? So the higher skilled workers/jobs are probably doing okay....?
The one thing I can say for sure is when it comes to the unemployment rate you have to look at more than just the overall rate to get the full picture and most on both the right and left just look at whatever part best fits their agenda.
That is a great response Blackhawk and one I can live with. But none of us should ever forget the mess created by that sub prime mortgage fiasco and the bank bailouts. A Republican administration and a Democrat Congress were responsible for that. Still, I place most of the blame on the GOP since the Secretary of the Treasury and the Federal reserve chairman were both Republicans. Those factors , including off shoring of jobs, surely had an impact on workforce participation almost as much as the 10 Republican House members who held the nation hostage economically and caused us to lose our top credit rating!

Last edited:
From the same 2007 starting point little Jeffie Sessions started to the time Bush left there were 1.5 million working-age people and employment declined by almost 6 million. Seems like Jeffie Limp Wrist is pissed that Obama got back 5.5 million of the 6 million jobs Bush lost.

Buy Bush and Clinton.

I'm glad you are starting to see beyond party lines. Sometimes it takes longer than others.

The basics of America today is, "Will you be a puppet that will sell out the people for profit, or be what use to be an ACTUAL American. Even after killing off the Indians certain Americans know the line that needs to be drawn.

The Measure is, "Are you willing to kill innocent people and/ or enslave innocents so we can profit beyond imagination?" We have done it and we can still do it...........but not for very long. The world is wising up to our course.

Here we go again, the "real" UE rate for Bush, Reagan, and the Republicans is the U-3 rate, but the "real" rate for Obama is the U-6 rate. As soon as another Republican is elecxted, the "real" rate will become the U-3 rate again.

Here is the FOX Gossip Channel blatantly using the U-3 rate as the "real" for Bush and the U-6 rate as the "real" rate for Obama in their graphic!!!

u-6.jpg

Care to expound on that?

MORE:

No, that is not true. But , I don't see any viable explanations for the workforce participation disparity coming from the right! That is , other than Obama bashing, Do you have something valuable to add?
Yes it's true you're believing the bull shit they are saying now.

Here we go again, the "real" UE rate for Bush, Reagan, and the Republicans is the U-3 rate, but the "real" rate for Obama is the U-6 rate. As soon as another Republican is elecxted, the "real" rate will become the U-3 rate again.

Here is the FOX Gossip Channel blatantly using the U-3 rate as the "real" for Bush and the U-6 rate as the "real" rate for Obama in their graphic!!!

u-6.jpg
Americans not working 92 million
U.S. National Debt Clock 2008
j4jW374.png

Forum List

Back